Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Online Launch Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBless Online Launch Review - MMORPG.com

From my first Early Access preview to my pre-launch Early Access Review, a lot has changed. Has Neowiz finally addressed the concerns players had leading up to their official launch, or is their new Free to Play conversion on their official western launch a too-little-too-late situation? With mild trepidation of what I may find, I return to Bless Online for my definitive Bless Online Launch Review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    5,5- imo its to high. Games is still badly optimized and the support from Neowiz makes Blizzard look like angels.
    Cyber_wastelandRich84AlexanderVendiSamhael

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Another MMO that looked promising until we played it....
    Cyber_wastelandThaharMensurSamhaelstarstorm777
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    That is the lowest review score i have ever seen on any video game review site for any game in recent memory. lol
    hamlathisMensur
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• zachdayzachday Member UncommonPosts: 19
    The comments got this pretty accurately. Another asian dev pooping out another mmo turdtacular game. Just gotta be hopeful for all the western mmos coming up. Eastern had its run and very few stuck.
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I was looking forward to this when it was being talked about. Once it finally came, and the reviews flooded out I was let down. Now that it is free to play I'm glad I never bought it, and even more let down. It could have been SO much better then it really, honestly is right now.
    Mensur

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited November 2018

thunderC said:

That is the lowest review score i have ever seen on any video game review site for any game in recent memory. lol

Agreed but the review really doesn't well call out the reasons why the score is so low.

The three Cons don't correspond well to what was written, I feel the author "soft-pedalled" too much in order to not offend maybe?

Scores like this are worthy of a more scathing commentary.
    Panserbjorne39RukushinMensurRich84Samhael

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Was a review even necessary at this point....? O_o
    JeffSpicoliMensur[Deleted User]Samhael
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311

zachday said:

The comments got this pretty accurately. Another asian dev pooping out another mmo turdtacular game. Just gotta be hopeful for all the western mmos coming up. Eastern had its run and very few stuck.

What eastern mmos have actually stuck lol? I feel like they have all failed.

Kyleran said:

thunderC said:

Agreed but the review really doesn't well call out the reasons why the score is so low.

The three Cons don't correspond well to what was written, I feel the author "soft-pedalled" too much in order to not offend maybe?

Definitely agreed. Much more scathing commentary and review.
    Kyleran
  • cosmogcosmog Member UncommonPosts: 6
    game is forever doomed, don't think they are capable of optimizing the game sadly
    sneakerz007Samhael
  • StevenWeberStevenWeber MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 109
    thunderC said:
    This isn't even the lowest score I've given an MMO in a review on this site in the past year! 

Kyleran said:

thunderC said:

I do think every developer is due respect. I could be hyperbolic in describing issues, but over the course of their development cycle, through my previous previews and early access review that was linked in the article, I think I've spelled out the problems quite thoroughly.  It may seem like "soft pedaling" but it may just be that I found a way to express my feelings about the game without a pitchfork and torch... THIS time.  :wink:
    Mensur
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Tl;dr nothing really changed in EA.
    maskedweaselSamhael
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    5.5... wow
    ah yes, i see bless banner on this site few days ago, that explain!
    otherwise, for all the bad move they done with this game, i'll go for a 3/10 max
    F2p give it some time to survive (and finish to milk ppl)
    dont waste your time
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Huh, I dunno -- it was free, so I gave it a try -- the beginning levels have been about as much fun to play as BDO, ESO, and Final Fantasy XVI. And nobody asked me to team up with them in any of those, either. Actually BDO had some worse problems. And I enjoy the flying on wyverns, which none of the others had.

I don't see the appeal of the taming system though -- very disruptive to suddenly be presented with a simplistic fast-reflex arcade mini-game. I do agree that I'm not a fan of the combat system, as I'm still not sure how it's supposed to work. But as usual, it comes down to button-mashing and watching your health.

It's not just this game -- I've seen mass hysteria of joy over some games and the written equivalent of mob lynching of others, and it seems to me the truth is there's not really all that much difference between MMORPGs. However, it seems in some cases players get high expectations, forget that "early access" amounts to paying for the privilege(?) of being on the play-testing team of a game admittedly not at a stage comparable to games already fully released (let alone around for years), and then the companies spoil it with bad decisions, feelings get hurt and all that creates a large cadre of people who see the whole thing as worse than anything else, end of story. While other games had smoother launches and/or have been around a longer time and have gotten and kept their act together.
    maskedweaselRidelynnSamhael
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Combat felt, OK, but not enjoyable, this pretty much described the whole gaming experience for me.  Can't really compete with it's contemporaries.  This game has some nice ideas which need better execution.  

maskedweasel

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Everyone keeps talking about how bad this game runs and I just have to say that yeah in some areas of the game the FPS tanks but not often and it seems to run well for me. In fact during the world boss event the other faction showed up for a fight and the game ran just fine and there must have been 125 + there along with the event.

More then what I can say for games like GW2 where FPS tanks at world bosses. Oh but wait that happens in a lot of games!!

I bring this up because everyone talks about how BAD this game is and I have to say that I really don't see it being all that bad. Sure it's not great but then again we haven't had that many great MMOs come out in a very long time.

To me it just seems like all the people that talk games down have more of a voice then the people that many like a given game and they do it before the game gets out of the box.

Look at Fallout 76,,, (not my type of game) It's not out of the box yet and you have talking heads all over the place talking about how bad it is, how it suck, and don't buy it!!! They kill the game before anyone can get the box in their hands.

It's ok if you don't like a game and you find things about it you don't like,,,, just say the games not for me! You don't have to say the game is shit, it suck, it's a fail,,,,, to you that may be true but to others they may like it and that's ok.

Bless most like will close down because I cant see how they can make money with the currant player base and the sad thing is the doomsayers killed it before it ever had a chance to really get started.

Yes it was a F up launch, and its not like it's the first one, wasn't ready, not like it's the first one and on and on, we can go,,,, it's always easy to find the bad and it's impossible to find good when you don't want too!
    AskeaWoDavodtheTuttBaronessDraxy-lAngryBeaverantonicus
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    thunderC said:
    The Quiet Man just got a solid 2 from Gamespot. Pity, I was looking forward to that one.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • axulthrullaxulthrull Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I actually like the game and think its quite fun.
    DavodtheTuttBaronessDraxy-lantonicus
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited November 2018
    Is this is a necro post? Did they re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release the game? Is this the console version?

How many times do players who aren't the 2000 and dwindling concurrent loyal players have to say this game is dumpster juice?

Everyone gave it a fair shot, it's trash. Then they said "OK for real this time". It was trash. Then it was like NO GUYS SERIOUS THIS TIME this is IT. T-R-A-S-H. Just stop it.

Go pull not finished game ruse over on the console folks who don't know about it.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    I'm having fun with the game and so is my son. Even my potato PC that's 7 years old can run the game fine except some few lag spike in marta and the main capitol, btw my wife's PC, a 3570k@ 4.2 ghz doesn't really have issues.  Both her PC and mine had no issues with the world boss during the events. I don't have any problems during the siege pvp either.

I did follow the guide to modify ini files though which probably helped.
    antonicus

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "find the good"
    Oh you can be certain i look hard,VERY hard,i start deciphering a game's worth the first second i login.However in this case,their cash shop turned me away,so i never bothered to even try the game.I did watch one stream for about 15 minutes and didn't see anything i liked there either.

"World Boss"that concept sounds good on paper but what is it really?A mob with a billion hit points or a ton of regen to offset dmg unless you have 100 players?
    When i think of a world boss i think of some godlike boss that 1 hits ev1.

I still find and by a landslide that FFXI's Besieged daily event is easily the best content/event/world type boss i have ever played.Every other developers attempts look cheaply done,like very little effort.To me it is sad these new 2018 devs try and sell me half assed effort when a CONSOLE game from 18 years ago dopes so much more for the genre.

So until i see some actual effort,i am not going to be giving any of these upstart games a passing grade or even my time.Here is a hint for devs,want to me look further into your game,then give me a carrot right away,give me something that says hmm interesting,i better take a look.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Kyleran said:

thunderC said:

simple someone are not doing his payments.

i'm checking this game out, its not hard to lvl, gear is meh, right now they are giving a lvl 50 weapon to lvl 1 people as a event, l2 classic are more interesting then this game, pvp is kinda generic, cc lock then kill, not skill to prevent it after you get locked only before (use the skill then jump in), mounts and pets gives buffs you can tame anything from the world to upgrade it, lvl of mobs seen as nothing all start lvl 1 (if you crit on lvl 10) the world per see is good , but game do look dated, sometimes worse then aion on launch, classes too restritive too and teh way skills work are too clunk (use still on 1-3 then use RTY to go on one path then just spam that, also a lot of these paths are useless) a lot of little things force you to spend money, with push you to the P2W realm, crafting is pretty meh, all weapons ahve to be dropped on dungeons/mobs, armor can be crafted, all in all I hoped for more, in so instances this is even worse then revelation (the grind on bless are more interesting at least).

my next game I hoped for something was Ascent infinite realm, then I saw kakao is the publisher now, nice way to kill a game before launch. and funny enough since I did mention I was playing l2 classic, l2 live have 2 server both on light players, l2 classic have 4 server 2 on high 1 normal and 1 light

as you can see the old l2 is more interesting then the new one, and people wonder why the mmo market is going downhill
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Post a video or a screen shot with FPS while traveling via Wyvern ANYWHERE or cliche internet PC game response. This game is CPU bound AF. They did 0 to change any of that. Those .ini tweaks have been around since Early Pocket Tap. Those were to make the game PLAYABLE. If folks need to upgrade processor/card to play THIS, is not a good reason.

Beyond performance, it's not remotely on par with the other Korean MMORPGs that everyone is aware of. This game goes in the same throwaway bin that Raider Z is in. The Japanese version of combat was better despite this big overhaul they did.

Taking bets on game closure date and focus shift to console.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Should have been called Bash Online, still glad to see people making up their own mind and even enjoying the game despite all the comments.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    DavodtheTuttantonicus
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95

cosmog said:

game is forever doomed, don't think they are capable of optimizing the game sadly

ya really, i think they're using Unreal engine 1. :P
    lahnmir said:
    Should have been called Bash Online, still glad to see people making up their own mind and even enjoying the game despite all the comments.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Which one is it? People don't know how to traverse a PC rig in 2018? People don't know to press an extra button to switch attack trays? 30k+ people read comments and are now are magically incapable of enjoying Bless?

Men lie, women lie, numbers are fake news:
    https://steamcharts.com/app/681660

¯\_(ツ)_/¯