Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The one major gamebreaking issue with World of Warcraft that can't easily be fixed

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
edited November 2018 in World of Warcraft
Legion expansion was a great example, so too is BFA but to a lesser extent

But during legion, WHERE was the legion?

Leveled an orc to 1-100 and there was no legion anywhere. Durotar, Orgrimmar, Barrens...even elwynn, stormwind and westfall...no legion. Where was this massive invasion? Why couldn't anyone see the invasion until close to max level?

BFA...horde vs alliance. Where are the battles waging across the landscape? Where is everything? Finally at 110 you see the conflict...1-109 levels of an unchanging world

And that is the game breaking issue of WoW

An unchanging world

Sandbox MMOs rarely have this problem. Its mostly themepark MMOs. But for WoW, this problem is so obvious and in your face that its hard to ignore. The world literally never changes.

Blizzard can't fix that either without redesigning every zone like in cataclysm. And that would obviously not be worth the time and money that would be spent doing that every expansion if they want to release one every year like call of duty used to do. 

During the legion expansion it was built up to be this huge invasion...and even at max level there was barely any invasion. Where was all the LEGION? But again, not easily fixed if on a budget with limited time and money

of course, many themepark MMOs have this problem. But for WoW's game ending events like legion or massive conflicts between horde and alliance...its pretty obvious to see that the conflicts can't actually be seen from in-game but only read about in lore and books.

Sure some stuff we saw with the legion, but no massive invasion like it was supposed to be or legion ships bombing azeroth with ships covering the skies. just a tiny invasion was developed for the expansion, when in lore it was a massive invasion on a global scale

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

natpickmmolou

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    That's not the game breaking issue. 
    It's easy 
    It has LFG tools, grouping is a mini game 
    To many expansions, its like a jigsaw puzzle 
    Classes are simplified to child like 

It's like an apple turned into a banana... It's not World of Warcraft anymore, it's something else.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    That's not the game breaking issue. 
    It's easy 
    It has LFG tools, grouping is a mini game 
    To many expansions, its like a jigsaw puzzle 
    Classes are simplified to child like 

It's like an apple turned into a banana... It's not World of Warcraft anymore, it's something else.
    Well, there are a lot of issues. Except all that you posted could be fixed if blizzard wanted to. Take time and some money, but...

Changing the entire world to fit with current expansion? Not so much.

I was very disappointed that the legion invasion was like a drop in the pond. It was too abstract, there was no invasion at all what so ever. The best invasion was pre-release event...but then nothing after that. Why didn't the rest of azeroth get attacked by legion when it clearly showed a huge fleet of legion ships going TO azeroth?

But that can't be fixed without changing the entire game world over and over to match the current invasion/event of whatever is going on. BFA granted is a lot better at showing that (at least horde side) than they showed in legion. And I'm pretty sure that would cost 100s of millions of time and money to keep changing the world over and over, and if they want to be call of duty and release an expansion every year...not really possible.

I think classes being simplified is a big problem though. My take is they want the game to release on consoles, and they need less buttons and simplify things to be a better console MMO.

mmolou

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    I think they should make the lower levels alive. Incentivize people to go back to lower zones.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Thupli said:
    I think they should make the lower levels alive. Incentivize people to go back to lower zones.
    That's called re-work in the production field... Not cost effective to do something for free.
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Thupli said:
    That's called re-work in the production field... Not cost effective to do something for free.

it is if it keeps players playing