Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bought the game--Help me pick a server

logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Whats a good server/guild to join?

Id like to be in a guild that has ventrillo---willing to help out a newb(to this game)
Ive played shadowbane/daoc/wow/guildwars and am coming back to SWG.

Erillion--I notice your active on these boards--what server you play on?

Thanks in advance

C u in game--its patching atm

Comments

• WeppsWepps Member Posts: 1,322

I know a bunch of people that came over from DAoC recently for a break, and they swear by Sunrunner.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Got any names on that server?

Thnks

Yeah I just started a rodian there, but I can't remember his name it was generated.

"For one who seeks what he cannot obtain suffers torture; one who has what is not desirable is cheated; and one who does not seek what is worth seeking is diseased." - Augustine of Hippo

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Naritus

medium population, crafting community going strong, active guilds, medium PvP and roleplaying activity, has avoided all the major exploit and duping problems (mostly by choice of the server community), highest rebel activity of all servers

Many of the forum readers here have a toon on Naritus and would be glad to help you get started, both with advice, company and a starter package (e.g. ship, vehicle, money, house, droid, armor, weapons etc.) with no strings attached. In game you can reach me as Novarider or Delos.

The Syndicate (YCS) has a Teamspeak2 server running (same as Ventrillo, I tried both ..TS2 server was cheaper).

Have fun

Erillion  

Esess. But he's a new character and has no money.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

SS ?   Uh oh ...

Have fun

Erillion

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Well--I was kinda iffy going in about how my computer would hold up. My pc is a 766mhz 64mb pci 256mb sd ram---and It played the game but----------it played it very poorly. The graphics werent as nice as Id like them to be and overall to laggy(system laggy) to enjoy well.

Thats the bad news but good news is I will most likely be buying a new pc here soon---and me and my wife will be playing.

Thanks for the advice--c u guys in game soon enough

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by logangregor

Well--I was kinda iffy going in about how my computer would hold up. My pc is a 766mhz 64mb pci 256mb sd ram---and It played the game but----------it played it very poorly. The graphics werent as nice as Id like them to be and overall to laggy(system laggy) to enjoy well.
    Thats the bad news but good news is I will most likely be buying a new pc here soon---and me and my wife will be playing. Thanks for the advice--c u guys in game soon enough

You aren't running SWG with that configuration. If you had a gig of MAYBE that would make up for the processor, but the only 766mhz was a celeron and not a PIII even, so I doubt it.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World