Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox one keyboard and mouse support coming to fortnite and more

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

In Fortnite, players will be matched up against other players using keyboard and mouse.

In addition, Razer has announced a wireless keyboard and mouse that is being designed from the ground up for Xbox One and that more information will revealed at CES 2019, though any standard keyboard and mouse will also work.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/11/10/xbox-one-keyboard-and-mouse-support-coming-to-fortnite-and-more

Comments

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    So, now that console are getting keyboards and a mouse can we say they are really computers? I have contended that they have always been computers without the keyboard and mouse but have always been shot down for various reasons. Consoles are nothing more then strictly controlled computers with (up until now) limited control interfaces. 

Let's party like it is 1863!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well first off IGN is good as most sites are at advertising products.How do you design a controller fore xbox1 lol.Application matters to EACH individual and to each game and it's different layouts.

Example,one could say i designed the keyboard for a specific game,well i hate WASD configuration,another player might love it,so it only matters to each individual.IGN si simply pampering up to Razor.

As to Fortnite,i wish the whole BR genre would disappear,it is not good gaming,it is crap imo.Arena..Overwatch type games are the better design.

In a messy building type game like FN,it is VERY tough to spot a cheat.Even Ninja and TFUE two well know names have been wrong a LOT.One godo thing Epic always did was the spectator mode,at least that way you can check but even still it doesn't stop scripting which imo is cheating.

In an ARENA style setting,it is much easier to spot a cheat because the action is way faster and instead of being wide open for all to see,you actually can use an Arena map to your advantage for both defensive and offensive purposes.Building like FN does is FAKE mapping,it is like creating your own defense without EARNING it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yes of course they are computers,they have pc chips,gpus ,networking,use API's/Dll yep all the same stuff.

The bad..they are really CHEAP computers.
    The good...The games are designed for those systems and tested on those systems and every player has the same system,so works the same for everyone.

I guess what this does is give the console gamer's a CHOICE of either KB/Mouse or controller,imo choice is always good to a point.

If one choice has a distinct advantage over the other then no the choice is not good.In case of PC users i am quite sure MOST the top FN players are scripting,using keyboard key combos.Sad reality si that in fpsr's,there is always going to be some form of advantage cheating,unless ev1 on the exact same LAN machines but even then one machine is better than the rest by a small margin.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    After 50 years, and still, nothing can beat a good mouse for gaming.