Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Pillar Talk - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Bukkerz said:
    I think my only question for this Science Fiction Magnum opus is that when this Symphony might actually be finished. This is in no way a slight on the endeavors or machinations of the team and dream behind it all, but a poll on when seriously it will be ready to play would be fantastic and then we can all enjoy the spawning of the many Youtube channels with expert play analysis and opinions regarding the lore and dance toward future expansions and future races.

I was born in 1970 and would also love to know how old Erillion is .... I am also a Leo so I totally understand the Eril the Lion thing ... but if there is a chap that deserves a Victoria Cross for intellectual perseverance without displaying even a minor shadow of doubt, a hint of raised eyebrow or negative of question .... it is he. This is also not a criticism but tongue in cheek flattery and also so very very true.
    Hi there,

i am slightly older than you are. Thank you for the new insight on the name Eril-Lion. Did not think of that before and no, it was not intentional ..... but interesting. I do voice criticism about Star Citizen, but it is constructive criticism. Usually in the form of playtesting bug reports. Good things take a while - maybe being older and not being a member of the instant gratification crowd has thought me some - wait for it - patience.

Have fun

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Sandy asked some good questions. So what they're doing is pushing through what ever is ready and pushing back what's not so that at least something gets released for updates instead of waiting on things. I've played the new build and my ships are no longer burning in the hangar. One won't open at all and the others sink into the floor a little but at least they don't bounce around like they use to. Also a very stable build that's running pretty good on my system.

I like this guys videos because he speaks his mind about things.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    It's good that you have patience, as your chosen crew is headed by Notorious Slow (ie, Chris Roberts).  

What do you think they'll refactor next?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Backer approval didn't mean squat, and everyone knows it.   Scope change in 2014.  2015. 2016. Etc.   See the pattern?

All hail the mad emperor and his wonderful new clothes....

Scope did not changed every year this is totally misleading. It changed once mid-2014 with backers approval. New stretch goals have been stopped years ago, also with Backers approval.
    Only those not understanging true development time of AAA starting from scratch pretend it is late.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

It's good that you have patience, as your chosen crew is headed by Notorious Slow (ie, Chris Roberts).  

What do you think they'll refactor next?

It does not matter as he is also Notorious Delivering. Want to play AA here and now? Head to Steam market, there are plenty. None equal SC + SQ42 scope but we can wait a couple years extra to get both. Backers are building the game they want not and half finished reskinned game from EA.