Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD announces more details about 7 nm Vega

2»

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Hrimnir said:
    Ridelynn said:
    I don’t think high end performance crown means as much as most people think.

The last time AMD had the crown (and it wasn’t that long ago) - it wasn’t like AMD marketshare all of a sudden spiked and went through the roof.

So AMD not having a card that is direct competition to a 1080ti or 2080 I don’t think really affects that much.... so they don’t have a $600+ GPU. That doesn’t make their sub-$300 market any less significant.

What I think has hurt their marketshare and perception more than anything is the mining craze. Gamers haven’t been able to get their hands on GPUs at what should be competitive prices. You may think it’s all roses and rainbow for AMD because they got the card sales regardless, but now that mining is tapering off, the loss of gaming marketshare, and AMDs perception in the gaming community, really hurts them more than not having a Halo card.
    There's a difference between not having the crown and where they are now.  They can barely compete with nvidia's midrange LAST GEN product, much less the midrange of the new gen.
    True. But my point was that even if they do go back to top fastest card, that doesn’t solve all AMDs issues overnight, or even inside of that generation.