Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last known good in the mmorpg industry

124»

Comments

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I have to go with Black Desert Online.  It was the first mmorpg I played in a while that had some originality.
    AlBQuirky

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I'd say my personal peak MMORPG time was before having kids, back when I could just lose myself in LOTRO PvMP with my Creep Raid or enjoying the story, or WoW-WoTLK before I got my BiS adulting gear.

Now I sit down and think about all the IRL important shit I need to get done, which gets in my way of being able to actually enjoy the games now. Either that or I can't stay awake long enough to do anything productive before neck snapping while trying to play with my poor friends later at night! ha

As an industry, I'm not sure. I came on late to this scene but try to dabble in as many games as I can in the hopes of finding a new 'home,' but have yet to do so.

I'd say the last known good time in our corner of the gamerverse was when there were more than a handful of solid games going at once, and when there were all the possible blockbusters on the horizon, before the stagnant waiting game we're all currently in.

It's like an elevator ride that never ends while playing the shittiest version of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give you Up," but maybe that's just me.

Let's go 2019!

Gut Out!
    AmatheAlBQuirky

What, me worry?

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Gutlard said:

Either that or I can't stay awake long enough to do anything productive before neck snapping while trying to play with my poor friends later at night! ha
    I feel ya brother.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    BDO. Sorry lads I really liked that game :)
    If they had better PvE I would still play it.
    AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
  • VitaminKVitaminK Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Asherons Call 2: Fallen Kings

This game was so groundbreaking for me. Having the world really change with what happened in game. I remember logging in after some time and a flood had occured which lay waste to one of the large towns. Mind blown at the time. You had real RPers back then too.
    Scot