Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo Immortal

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,638
    As of right now 4.7k up and 130k down.......lmao

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,158
    Asm0deus said:
    Yeah.... talk about negative reception.
    MrMelGibson

Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 10,450
    Nyctelios said:
    Asm0deus said:
    All is well!!

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

Nyctelios said:
    Asm0deus said:
    All is well!!

When WOTC was ending we had this mega uber post in their official forums called "The Fall of the Titan" in which a player described in very well put details why blizzard was going downhill in his eyes.

Well... I hope said player that got his post deleted is alive and well to see this.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member RarePosts: 1,927
    Adding insult to injury, it's just a re-skinned version of Crusaders of Light. They couldn't even be bothered to develop something original.

You know what would've been a cool mobile game? A port of Diablo 1. It's simple enough to work on mobile, and us Diablo fans would have a 'remaster' we could play on the go. Win-win. But no, we don't even rank that in Blizzard's eyes. 
    MrMelGibson

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 3,782
    Adding insult to injury, it's just a re-skinned version of Crusaders of Light. They couldn't even be bothered to develop something original.

You know what would've been a cool mobile game? A port of Diablo 1. It's simple enough to work on mobile, and us Diablo fans would have a 'remaster' we could play on the go. Win-win. But no, we don't even rank that in Blizzard's eyes. 
    They (Blizzard) didn't even develop it, apparently. It was outsourced. Which, you know, fair enough. I wouldn't want Blizzard staff wasted on this shit. But we are owed more than this after 4 years of borderline maintenance mode.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member RarePosts: 887
    I personally think their only mistake was releasing it at a convention instead of just releasing it on the app stores and advertising. 
    SedrynTyrosNycteliosCazrielGorwejimmywolfMrMelGibson
  • SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros Member EpicPosts: 2,924
    edited November 2018
    I personally think their only mistake was releasing it at a convention instead of just releasing it on the app stores and advertising. 
    I agree ... but announcing it at Blizzcon was a pretty big fucking mistake, lol.  This is some of the worst judgement I have ever seen from Blizzard leadership.
    NycteliosGorwe
    People went there and bought the ticket to see, on the big stages, a meaningful reveal. 

yeah, like you and most others said before in this thread: this should be a side note ad that rotates on their client or something. Not a blizzcon material for sure.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 3,782
    This guy should work for Blizzard.  He has about as much sense as they do right now:

https://www.shacknews.com/article/108310/fans-react-to-diablo-immortal-like-disrespectful-edgelords-at-blizzcon-2018s-qa

That journalist is out of touch. I'd call it an example of the Golden Rule in action. The fans were disrespectful because Blizzard showed them the ultimate disrespect. Customers don't enjoy contempt.
    SedrynTyrosCazrielGorwejimmywolfNycteliosMrMelGibson
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,412
    Wait, is this the big Diablo news that Blizz has been teasing?
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    First WoW BFA, now Diablo

Maybe they are trying to kill off their franchises. EA style.

But that be ACTIVISION-blizzard, not actually blizzard blizzard

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

The video speaks for itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZoaec37uaI

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,412
    LOL, saw this in the comments for the YouTube trailer:

Me: The next Diablo game can't be worse than 3.
    ActivisionBlizz: Hold mah beer!
    SedrynTyrosConstantineMerus
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member UncommonPosts: 179
    The video speaks for itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZoaec37uaI 

Yep. Crickets....
    They also insulted their fanbase

"DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONES?"

MrMelGibson

• celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited November 2018
    The fact they want to break into the mobile market isn't the main reason for people being angry as some keep trying to point out. It's because Blizzard themselves created this huge hype train for Diablo, & used that hype train to sell tickets, & then the closer it got to Blizzcon they out of nowhere started saying people were having unreal expectations. To make matters worse they are deleting comments from the youtube page. I could understand if it was full of hate speech but the majority are people just saying they're disappointed & that's all. 

There are some already screaming that this is a hate train or whatever, but if someone saying they're disappointed is a hate train then I guess I'm part of it. The gaming community isn't what it was 10-15 years ago. If you insult it, it will fight back. Sometimes it gets way too carried away & needs to learn how to fight back in a constructive manner, but the fact still remains that most gamers will not tolerate being lied to or insulted. Hell, almost no consumer will.
    Post edited by celtwulf on
    jimmywolf
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,613
    Gutlard
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member RarePosts: 3,169
    And how many times has nerd outrage like this ever translated into a product failing?

Whoo, its got a lot of dislikes on Youtube.
    Justin Beiber's Baby video is almost to 10 million dislikes so obviously that means Beiber's career failed and he's living on the streets right? Oh, wait, nope, he's a huge star with lots of money.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member RarePosts: 887
    They also insulted their fanbase

"DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONES?"

I think people are trying too hard with that one. It's not an insult, you just want it to be so you can complain about it.
  • celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Xiaoki said:
    And how many times has nerd outrage like this ever translated into a product failing?

Justin Beiber's Baby video is almost to 10 million dislikes so obviously that means Beiber's career failed and he's living on the streets right? Oh, wait, nope, he's a huge star with lots of money.
    I think nerd outrage is a bit much & it isn't about the product failing. Most everyone knows it will not fail but people not accepting something can be constructive if handled correctly was the point. It has happened & can very much happen again.
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member UncommonPosts: 428
    edited November 2018
    I called this prior to the announcement and it makes sense, Blizzard have yet to leave a mark on the Mobile platform, now they will.

I'm incredibly disappointed and glad I didn't buy a ticket, because Diablo news was all I was interested in.
    What is this game called hearthstone... It will never be popular on mobile! Anyways blizzard wtf. We've been clamouring for a diablo 4 or diablo mmorpg for years now and this mobile title is just a slap in the dick.

Also its basically diablo 3 with some new abilities...wtf. Same classes and everything god...talk about milking a game to death.

MurderHerd

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,613
    Xiaoki said:

What I personally think this will do is cause them to get some Diablo 4 news out quicker than they would have done if this hadn't happened.
    MrMelGibson
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.