Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo Immortal

1101112131416»

Comments

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 2,986
    DMKano said:
    So they just keep reloading that video until they get a response they like? niiiice and apparently deleting negative comments. Finally done with Blizzard

Again - if you worked for Blizzard marketing team you would be doing the same thing.

The downvoting is being done by a  PC crowd - not mobile gamers - which Blizzard is well aware of so yep - they will keep doing whatever it takes to minimize the pissed off mob who was not the intended market of ruining this for them.

If the mobile gamers were coming out in droves and downvoting - you'd have a point.

But again put it all into perspective and their actions make sense
     How does one know if a downvote is from a mobile gamer or PC gamer? What about a super duper gamer like me that games on phone, tablet, PC and console? Is my downvote counted as Pi?
    Because logic. Mobile gamers are not going to downvote a Diablo game in droves like that and we already know the pc gamers are doing it. 
    That's a fairly big assumption to make. A lot of gamers do PC, consoles and mobile. I'm part of that group. So unless you have more than a gut feeling. I suppose both our opinions are valid. But only that opinions.
    It's quite logical. You are probably in a minority group of people that plays PC and Phone games as well as follows Blizzard enough to give a crap and complain if they produce a mobile game. So like I said, most mobile gamers are not on there downvoting the video.
    I actually don't believe that I'm in the minority. The total mobile players is full of all kinds of people. A lot are maybe mobile gamers only. But I would bet that a good amount (if not majority) of PC and console players play some form of mobile gaming. I play 2 mobile games (Star Wars:Galaxy of Heroes,  and Marvel Strike Force), in each one I have been in many guilds/alliances and the vast majority of in game chat is about console games and/or PC. 

"Can't make the raid Red Dead released" is all i read in global and guild lol. It might be anecdote, but it's more than just your opinion. This site is not a good indication of the multiplatform gamers. It's PC mmo fans, bitter vets, some old timers and Bill and Susie. Younger gamers are all about playing it all. 

I used to think just like you. But actually giving them a shot(mobile) and learning what I have from my experience taught me otherwise. You probably won't agree so let's just respectfully disagree.
    blueturtle13ceratop001Torval
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member RarePosts: 884
    DMKano said:
    So they just keep reloading that video until they get a response they like? niiiice and apparently deleting negative comments. Finally done with Blizzard

Again - if you worked for Blizzard marketing team you would be doing the same thing.

The downvoting is being done by a  PC crowd - not mobile gamers - which Blizzard is well aware of so yep - they will keep doing whatever it takes to minimize the pissed off mob who was not the intended market of ruining this for them.

If the mobile gamers were coming out in droves and downvoting - you'd have a point.

How does one know if a downvote is from a mobile gamer or PC gamer? What about a super duper gamer like me that games on phone, tablet, PC and console? Is my downvote counted as Pi?
    Because logic. Mobile gamers are not going to downvote a Diablo game in droves like that and we already know the pc gamers are doing it. 
    That's a fairly big assumption to make. A lot of gamers do PC, consoles and mobile. I'm part of that group. So unless you have more than a gut feeling. I suppose both our opinions are valid. But only that opinions.
    It's quite logical. You are probably in a minority group of people that plays PC and Phone games as well as follows Blizzard enough to give a crap and complain if they produce a mobile game. So like I said, most mobile gamers are not on there downvoting the video.
    I actually don't believe that I'm in the minority. The total mobile players is full of all kinds of people. A lot are maybe mobile gamers only. But I would bet that a good amount (if not majority) of PC and console players play some form of mobile gaming. I play 2 mobile games (Star Wars:Galaxy of Heroes,  and Marvel Strike Force), in each one I have been in many guilds/alliances and the vast majority of in game chat is about console games and/or PC. 

"Can't make the raid Red Dead released" is all i read in global and guild lol. It might be anecdote, but it's more than just your opinion. This site is not a good indication of the multiplatform gamers. It's PC mmo fans, bitter vets, some old timers and Bill and Susie. Younger gamers are all about playing it all. 

I used to think just like you. But actually giving them a shot(mobile) and learning what I have from my experience taught me otherwise. You probably won't agree so let's just respectfully disagree.
    You think mobile gamers downvoted the videos? Really? Honestly? 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 2,986
    DMKano said:

Im sure some did. I mean, I watch stuff on YouTube on my phone all the time. Diablo Immortal also is on the Android play store. You can pre-register now. Game details and trailer are on the front page lol.

I'm willing to bet mobile gamers watched the trailer, noticed it looked identical to a previous mobile game. Something they would pick up way easier say than someone like yourself who doesn't game on mobile. Saw the cloning and downvote whether they know what Diablo is or not.
    blueturtle13PhrylaseritTorval
  • WenchesnmeadWenchesnmead Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Xiaoki said:
    I call bullshit. 

The user base that took Blizzard to the mega corp it is are not people who would get hype about a mobile re-skin of an older version. There are no "mobile gamers" there is only a mobile user base. If Blizzard desired to fleece the mobile user base,they could have done it without the dramatics that target their die-hards.

They thought the base wanted this. They invested in the reveal. They were confident. They were wrong.

People being consumer drones has nothing to do with it. Sure it will likely do well on sales day because compulsive mobile purchase people and FOMO (fear of missing out), but they have a 1:32 ratio of positive to negative sentiment. Blizzard got their ass kicked on this in plain view, and the fans don't forget.

So here's to hoping the uptick in revenue was worth the marketing diarrhea they now have in the bed

Do remember EA/Bioware/Mass Effect debacles...
    This post perfectly illustrates the disconnect this board has with reality.

There are mobile gamers, just because you dont know any doesnt mean they dont  exist.

If they didnt exist then Black Desert Mobile wouldnt be making 3x more money than the PC version.

Or NCsoft's mobile games making almost 2x more than all of their PC MMOs combined.

In Activision Blizzard's reports you can see that King(Candy Crush) makes more than Blizzard at a fraction of the production costs.

Also, you call ME Andromeda a debacle and it did perform under expectations but it did sell millions of copies and was a financial success.

Developers persue the mobile market because thats where the money is.
    The disconnect is on your end.  It’s like McDonalds making an announcement at the cattle convention for their new veggie burger. And telling attendees “You eat veggies right?”

Actually you're way off on this comparison and there's a real life example.

https://business.financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/canadian-burger-chain-sells-out-of-plant-based-patties

A and W in Canada pushed out a veggie burger when no other competitors were.

I am sure when it launched in the summer neckbeards and average plebs thought it was the worst idea ever.

But lo and behold it was an effing lights out success for them and now their competitors have to play catch up.

So assuming you know anything before there is real world evidence beyond a bunch of whiny gamers start crying and that proves literally nothing at all.

We will see once the game is released how it is received.

Personally I just think the game looks like a typical crap game and have zero interest in it.

But everyone on these boards are acting like they got shit figured out.

You don't.

Let it launch and when it fails then we can all rub our puds together how we were right.

Until then stop the pretentious bs like any of us know shit.

• WenchesnmeadWenchesnmead Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Aeander said:
    klash2def said:
    I will never understand why people get so upset because their favorite game company made something that's not for them. Its the same thing to me as getting upset because Marvel is making toys aimed at 10 year olds instead of a film. 

It not like Blizzard is never going to make another Diablo, and even if they didn't, you can still play the other Diablo games or products by blizzard. Hell there are thousands of games to play not named Diablo. 

I find it hard to be upset because some new thing isn't made with me in mind. I'm not even trying to defend blizzard, I personally dont care for diablo that much but its just nuts seeing people get so upset over this new game because they feel like it wasn't for them. I really dislike gamer entitlement, and the sooner we move past it the better quality content we will get. Devs already have enough pressure as is. Some reactions are just not necessary. 

Btw there is a huge market for Mobile gaming so Blizzard did nothing wrong b trying to throw a real contender in that market. Even Bethesda has a big Mobile game coming. Mobile is part of the future of gaming. 
    The problem isn't that we are getting a mobile game. It is fine that we are getting a mobile game. The problem is that the franchise has been dormant for four years, and for the forseeable future, the ONLY thing we're getting is a mobile game. 

Perfectly stated Aeander. 

I would have been thrilled to effing bits if they announced anything relevant even if it was for D3. But the game has become the flying dutchman for blizzard.

Thats the part thats aggravating.

A mobile game makes 100% sense to make. 

I may not play it but making a mobile game is not the issue in the slightest.
  • XarkoXarko Member RarePosts: 1,012
    Personally I see no attraction in mobile games. I play PC games for fun, I play mobile games to kill time. Snake is a good mobile game, not Immortal. I have job where I dont get bored and I rarely have to wait anywhere for more than 10 minutes and If I have long enough free to play a game I sure as hell wont spend it tapping a mobile screen when my PC is right next to me.

So who is the target audience? Kids mostly, of course. My friends daughters spend more time playing games on mobile than we boys did playing on PC 20 years ago.

It just that... we are simply not Blizzards target audience anymore.
  • cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 112
    the only reason diablo immortal is being released is for the cash grab since they were jealous of lineage M making 1 billion dollars in 6 months. china is a gold mine for gaming, you can just develop a sub par online game and make so much profit if you become successful.

there is absolutely nothing special with this pile of garbage considering it was developed by netease. why did they partner up with a chinese company? because china no longer allows foreign companies to make profit in their country so they have to partner up with a chinese company and have them develop the game to rake in the profits.

tldr: netease developed this garbage cash grab to make profit in china.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member RarePosts: 884
    DMKano said:

Im sure some did. I mean, I watch stuff on YouTube on my phone all the time. Diablo Immortal also is on the Android play store. You can pre-register now. Game details and trailer are on the front page lol.

I'm willing to bet mobile gamers watched the trailer, noticed it looked identical to a previous mobile game. Something they would pick up way easier say than someone like yourself who doesn't game on mobile. Saw the cloning and downvote whether they know what Diablo is or not.
    Some possibly, but I would bet real money that 99% or more of the downvotes come from blizzard fans that are pissed off they didn’t get a pc version announced.
    MrMelGibsonRobsolf
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,591

Some possibly, but I would bet real money that 99% or more of the downvotes come from blizzard fans that are pissed off they didn’t get a pc version announced.

Agree, but I think there's more to the reasoning than that.

ANYBODY that sits people down in a big auditorium to announce their "big deal of the year" is a friggin' mobile game, should expect to have fruit thrown at them.  But here we have the folks at Blizzard, of which great things are expected.  I can't imagine paying that much money for tickets to a Con and having the flagship announcement be a friggin' mobile game.  You think the birds are angry...

If they had announced it along with other new, bigger things happening, I think it would be a different story.  D:I is 30 person room news, tops.  Or a 5 minute blurb in the big room, which is about what Bethesda did for Fallout Shelter.  While, in true social media style the thing has been overblown to the power of 42, I can understand the initial reaction.

Now, this all could just be a matter of bad timing and unforeseen setbacks which may keep them from announcing other projects that people could actually be excited about.  Those sorts of things are a day to day reality in software development.  But this is probably the BEST CASE scenario.

The others are:

-They've got nothin'.  All that work on Titan(even being old news by now) sucked the wind out of their sails and they're way behind on their other projects.

-Blizzard(Activision) wants to move from PC development to spewing mobile crap at peeps for the MT's.  If you're in it for money and security(2 of the main reasons most of us also choose our careers), it's a legit temptation.

-They really thought PC and console players would think a portable version of D3 would be mostly considered the beez-neez by that community.

I'm honestly not sure which one of those scenarios is the scariest, let alone that it could be a combination of the three...
    Torval
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,701
    Robsolf said:

Agree, but I think there's more to the reasoning than that.

ANYBODY that sits people down in a big auditorium to announce their "big deal of the year" is a friggin' mobile game, should expect to have fruit thrown at them.  But here we have the folks at Blizzard, of which great things are expected.  I can't imagine paying that much money for tickets to a Con and having the flagship announcement be a friggin' mobile game.  You think the birds are angry...

If they had announced it along with other new, bigger things happening, I think it would be a different story.  D:I is 30 person room news, tops.  Or a 5 minute blurb in the big room, which is about what Bethesda did for Fallout Shelter.  While, in true social media style the thing has been overblown to the power of 42, I can understand the initial reaction.

Now, this all could just be a matter of bad timing and unforeseen setbacks which may keep them from announcing other projects that people could actually be excited about.  Those sorts of things are a day to day reality in software development.  But this is probably the BEST CASE scenario.

The others are:

-They've got nothin'.  All that work on Titan(even being old news by now) sucked the wind out of their sails and they're way behind on their other projects.

-Blizzard(Activision) wants to move from PC development to spewing mobile crap at peeps for the MT's.  If you're in it for money and security(2 of the main reasons most of us also choose our careers), it's a legit temptation.

-They really thought PC and console players would think a portable version of D3 would be mostly considered the beez-neez by that community.

I'm honestly not sure which one of those scenarios is the scariest, let alone that it could be a combination of the three...
    Blizzard has moved from an industry leader to a trend follower. People chased them when MMOs were big and their IPs were very popular. They've ridden that wave for a decade. The landscape has shifted and they're chasing... MOBAS, arena shooters, TCGs, and now mobile cash shop clones. Nobody is copying or chasing them and their games. They're chasing Fortnite, PUBG, and ARK/RUST.
    NycteliosMrMelGibsonRobsolf
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,040
    DMKano said:

1. You announce a mobile product during a major convention that is primarily PC/Console gamers and anger a LOT of people.

2. Anger spreads like wildfire - again among fans and people who want  PC/Console version not mobile version

3. Blizzard anti-mobile bandwagoning effect happens globally

The downvoting is a result of the above.

Even if you downvote this as a mobile/PC/Console multi-platform player - chances are the reason for downvoting is because how Blizzard handled the mobile announcement - not the actual game itself being the reason.

So again - it's obvious to conclude that the trailer is not being downvoted because those who want to play it think the game will be bad - it's being downvoted by those who are pissed at Blizzard.
    The mobile "base" is anyone with a mobile phone capable of running these games.

I'd wager good money the vast majority of folks down voting the video own one of those phones.  They're part of the base Blizzard wanted to spend money on Immortal, don't fool yourself.
    MrMelGibson

• erichoffmanerichoffman Member UncommonPosts: 11

So many years have passed, so many new games were created and replayed, but I still remember this game. 

Good musical accompaniment to match the genre, sound effects are abundant - the ringing of coins, gurgling water, the sound of an ax and so on. All this creates an atmosphere of naturalness.  

A perfect balance of objects was created in Diablo, especially unique things are pleasing. Even after passing the game many times, you can not see half of all unique stuff.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 448
    Sorry, but I skipped like 10 pages of Comments, so if someone already mentioned this I do apologize.

Can we move away from the "enraging the player base" method of game development/PR/advertising for 2019? It's so 2018....

Gut Out!
    MadFrenchielaseritNyctelios

What, me worry?