Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 Live Action Trailer, Microtransactions & No Switch Version - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageFallout 76 Live Action Trailer, Microtransactions & No Switch Version - MMORPG.com

It was seemingly a big weekend for the Fallout 76 team as we have a triple treat of news today. First comes the Fallout 76 live action multiplayer trailer that showcases a golden oldie song from the Beach Boys, "Wouldn't It be Nice"...and a giant sloth. One of the big new components of Fallout 76 is the inclusion of online multiplayer, something that the trailer shows off to good effect.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Cool Video , great song choice:)
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Lmao what did I just see?
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    That was awesome!
    ScorchienAlomarKyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    We still have bubble gum so the apocalypse won't be that bad. :)
    Kyleranboris20
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited October 2018

sigh...smh

What? That didn't look "fun" to you?

That smile on the young woman's face in the first scene? It's how mine looks when tearing things apart with the automatic combat shotgun.

Of course I'm normally armored up like the BOS in the 2nd scene...

I am starting to look forward to it next month.
    ConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:

sigh...smh

The end where people are standing looking at the nukes going off... yeah

The part where people try to mix RL and Games ...  smh
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    DMKano said:

sigh...smh

My girlfriend's father is a Hiroshima survivor. the idea that anyone survived that is amazing.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:

sigh...smh

My girlfriend's father is a Hiroshima survivor. the idea that anyone survived that is amazing.
    Does he glow in the dark and call you smoothskin? Truly impressive though.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    microtrasactions, and that explain why they are trying to make a online game, worse still is people will pay....
    Pesky
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2018

microtrasactions, and that explain why they are trying to make a online game, worse still is people will pay....

Cosmetics are always a point of contention for some people. Its not really outside the realm of reality to do it given how art teams have worked in most companies. Most art teams aren't long-term hires and are usually contracted for certain periods of time, simply because they can finish their work relatively quickly compared to other aspects of game development. That means you have a whole team under development, with nothing crucial to the actual project to actually do, thus rolled out extra cosmetics exist. Now some companies do this reasonably, so you might see out-of-season stuff being sold etc. Then you have other companies that will sell extra in-season stuff without a chance of offering it at any point in game. What I tend to accept is, if it was offered at least ONCE in a game via in game means, then its fine to be in a cash shop AFTER that point. Unfortunately, we live the "me-myself-and I" generation" where the typical response to anything like this is either "It shouldn't matter to others as long as it doesn't change gameplay" or "it doesn't bother my experience what they have in the cash shop." This kind of thinking is why we have so much dumb stuff today like paid alphas/betas and level boosts. These things only exist because there's a market for them, not simply because companies want them there. Also, keep in mind that everyone defines "gameplay influence differently" like those that dont seeing level boosts or exp boosters as gameplay influencing.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Xarko said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:

sigh...smh

Why yes, yes he does. But in Japanese so it's hard to understand.

Apparently the Japanese Government give him free health care for the entirety of his life. But he's in good health despite the war. I think his sister had her arm badly burned though.
    Xarko
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I saw this commercial last night during the Vikings Saints game. This game will be fun, I don't feel like I'll be playing a new fallout game in the traditional sense but whatever. Just please, Bethesda, Dont F with Elder Scrolls, Please!
    MadFrenchie
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i am not going to buy anymore smells like the next Destiny in the works;)
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    A non-npc, non-story survival game on a massive map with limited players.

How to destroy Fallout in 1 game? Make a Rust copy
    SpottyGekkoalkarionloggastovski1[Deleted User]doomexdeniterOscar1230
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    I guess retinal burns from watching nuclear explosions isn't a thing in BethSofts' Fallout verse. Neither is Fallout lore (i.e. Super Mutants in this timeline). Who needs lore in a Fallout game, anyway?! It's all about pew pew and shootin' glowy zombies!!!! ROTFLMAOBBQOMGWTFOU812!!!!!
    alkarionloggastovski1

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Pyuk said:
    I guess retinal burns from watching nuclear explosions isn't a thing in BethSofts' Fallout verse. Neither is Fallout lore (i.e. Super Mutants in this timeline). Who needs lore in a Fallout game, anyway?! It's all about pew pew and shootin' glowy zombies!!!! ROTFLMAOBBQOMGWTFOU812!!!!!
    Actually, it's all about making money... :D 

Leveraging the IP to the max, monetizing in new and creative ways, delivering the product to the widest possible market, etc., blah.. blah..
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I have been saying this a long time,this has been the ONLY reason any dev is aiming for the online part,to simply add a cash shop and ongoing revenue from a game that is barely worth the purchase price let alone ongoing costs.

I also mentioned how we USED to do modding for FREE in our games,at least from those willing to support it,now that is a long lost art,devs are all in trying to grind as much money out of us,actually far more than their games are worth.
    gastovski1alkarionlog

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    edited October 2018

A non-npc, non-story survival game on a massive map with limited players.

How to destroy Fallout in 1 game? Make a Rust copy

Well.. that is one way to look at it...

Another way is that maybe they needed a break from making the same game over and over again (systems wise) and this will pad the pockets and give them some space to upgrade the core for the next generation of FO/TES games...

The truth is most likely in the middle.

But for what it is worth... I heard FO: New California is a bloody good mod/TC so that would at least fix that most dire itch. Also i am pretty sure FO3 was heralded as the end of the franchise.. a blight upon all that was holy and clean... And yet of of that we got Fallout:NW...
    ConstantineMerusalkarionlog

This have been a good conversation

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Ignore the haters, Fallout rules in any incarnation!!! 

(Yep, going total fanboy here)

;)
    ScorchienScotConstantineMerusalkarionlog

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Sovrath said:
    Xarko said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:

sigh...smh

Apparently the Japanese Government give him free health care for the entirety of his life. But he's in good health despite the war. I think his sister had her arm badly burned though.
    I visited Hiroshima a couple of years ago and was incredibly impressed. As far as I understood all survivors do indeed get free health care for the rest of their lives. The countless stories of the sick, mutilated and misformed newborns are harrowing though, Hiroshima itself is beautiful and very serene though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SovrathKyleranScot
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    lahnmir said:
    Sovrath said:
    Xarko said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:

sigh...smh

I visited Hiroshima a couple of years ago and was incredibly impressed. As far as I understood all survivors do indeed get free health care for the rest of their lives. The countless stories of the sick, mutilated and misformed newborns are harrowing though, Hiroshima itself is beautiful and very serene though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Hiroshima is not just a testament to how humanity can come back from anything, it is a testament to how with the environment can be brought back from anything we do to it, if we have the will to reclaim it.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    Ignore the haters, Fallout rules in any incarnation!!! 

(Yep, going total fanboy here)

;)
    I'm with you mate. Let's become a white knight for a change!

Whoever says anything negative about Fallout is illuminati! 
    ScotKyleranalkarionlog
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Pyuk said:
    Actually, it's all about making money... :D 

Leveraging the IP to the max, monetizing in new and creative ways, delivering the product to the widest possible market, etc., blah.. blah..
    ok when they will start with the creative ways to milk.... I mean monetize the game? and when they will bring the ip to the max?

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • leifharrisonleifharrison Member UncommonPosts: 1
    even with cosmetics microtransaction engine 128 will control outcome of matches and even kick players and replace with bots to ensure match outcomes.