Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Demo Tour & Comparison to 2005 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 2,577
edited October 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Demo Tour & Comparison to 2005 - MMORPG.com

Blizzard announced earlier this week that Blizzcon Virtual Ticket holders could download the World of Warcraft Classic demo that will "only become available" once the convention begins next Friday. But that type of thing is usually seen as a challenge and someone took it up. YouTuber "dodgykebaab" managed to get into the demo without monsters or NPCs to make a comparison video between the "new" Classic and a 2005 version of World of Warcraft.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Looks like the original... oh wait, it IS the original just on a different engine.

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Shadows! Shadows everywhere!
    GaladournLeiHngWei
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,218
    I am so hyped for this, even if its a 6 month honeymoon!
    jgDuffayTriddlePhrydarkhalf357x
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member UncommonPosts: 257
    edited October 2018
    But is it truly vanilla? Can you still see normally with invisibility pots and use them in conjunction with shadow meld? Because that was kind of my thing. Invis pot/SM into Orgrimmar on my NE hunter and gank every mofo I could. Kill.... FD...invis pot... run and then SM. LOL good times.

Not as easy as it sounds because of waiting on cool downs and avoiding the guards that detect stealth characters. Good fun tho!
    Thupli
  • wildarms2wildarms2 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    the 2 videos he used are both hacked version not battle.net why is this click bait here
    siamesedadsMensurTheFalcro

moo all

• SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 32,110
    edited October 2018
    wildarms2 said:
    the 2 videos he used are both hacked version not battle.net why is this click bait here
    The 2018 demo footage is taken from the one that is currently available to download via, you guessed it...BattleNet! :)

Besides, it's Saturday and why not? LOL such a grumpy reaction to something fun. :)

@WalkinGlenn I kind of wondered if the "2005" version footage was taken from a private server that probably has all sorts of improvements.
    RolanStormMensurTorvalmikeb0817

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 5,902
    edited October 2018
    Wouldn't it be cool if we could contain our hopes, just in case Blizzard and the "You think you do, but you don't" guy running the company let us down. The same guy who was recorded saying "You think you want Legacy servers, but you don't." Just dont be surprised if LFG is a thing, cause that same guy said "LFG is an amazing tool. No one wants to sit in towns shouting for tanks."
  • PpiperPpiper Member UncommonPosts: 951
    That was really very cool. I cannot wait for the Classic servers to go live. Between this and LOTRO's Legendary servers, I'll be a busy man.
    Rhoklawitchmon
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member UncommonPosts: 682
    i really dont see a vast improvement. but thats just me. hope everyone that plays it enjoys it. been done with wow.
    JeffSpicoli
  • knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 374

SBFord said:

wildarms2 said:

The 2018 demo footage is taken from the one that is currently available to download via, you guessed it...BattleNet! :)

Besides, it's Saturday and why not? LOL such a grumpy reaction to something fun. :)

@WalkinGlenn I kind of wondered if the "2005" version footage was taken from a private server that probably has all sorts of improvements.

I have to question the viability of the footage, in recent blizz said that you would only have access to certain zones, Blasted lands was not part of that. Also the 2005 footage looks improved over what it should be. I would still like to know the source just to be sure.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,144
    Moxom914 said:
    i really dont see a vast improvement. but thats just me. hope everyone that plays it enjoys it. been done with wow.
    Vast improvement? Isn't something you'll see, but experience. It's Classic World of Warcraft without all the watered down, disgustingly easy approach to content.
    PpiperRueTheWhirlmikeb0817

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,055

. It's Classic World of Warcraft without all the watered down, disgustingly easy approach to content.

That hardly anyone of the paying general mass cared to keep around... But i am glad that you now have your little slice of what ever purgatory you call heaven. =)

Personally... As a Druid... I never want to or will put my foot in classic...
    GhavriggAalamrWhiskeydust

Tawess gaming

Tawess soapbox

This have been a good conversation

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,628
    edited October 2018
    As a Druid, I much preferred classic as it allowed me to actually play a hybrid class rather than play one aspect at a time. The same goes for my sad little Shaman.
    ThupliRolanStorm

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 595
    run the 05 portion in 240p seems closer to what I remember
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member UncommonPosts: 964
    As a Druid, I much preferred classic as it allowed me to actually play a hybrid class rather than play one aspect at a time. The same goes for my sad little Shaman.
    i preferred bc & wotlk as a druid. in bc i got the flightform and in wotlk i truly enjoyed all of the specs. 
    Gobstopper3D

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,026
    I personally don't see any real difference although I like the 2005 WOW better than the new Expansions and content since Burning Crusade.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,611
    It's only comparing graphics.. and that's probably the least important thing about classic WoW and why people want it.
    XarkoXingbairongdarkhalf357x
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,144
    @tawess Yes, you've made it clear with your dozens of anti-classic WoW comments that you aren't a fan of what some people enjoy. Imagine that, people enjoying a game you don't!
    XingbairongRolanStorm

• KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 312
    People are gonna play it for about 2 months and then get bored of it and wonder why they wanted this.
    GhavriggBeezerbeezAalamrborghive49XingbairongRolanStorm
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member UncommonPosts: 964
    Kootur said:
    People are gonna play it for about 2 months and then get bored of it and wonder why they wanted this.
    so more than current WoW? :D
    JemAs666Alderslearis1RhoklawBeezerbeezborghive49XarkoNevereverlandGaladournXingbairongand 3 others.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    More interested in gameplay and how similar it is to vanilla, than graphics

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• XA20XXA20X Member CommonPosts: 4
    edited October 2018
    I have zero faith in Blizz not to screw this up. Wait, I take that back. I have negative faith in Blizz not to fuck this up. Anyone who thinks they're smart enough to just throw up classic servers that have the game the way it was, untouched, has not been playing Blizz games very long. If it's fun, or enjoyable in anyway, you can expect Blizz to ruin it somehow. "Nerfing fun since 2004!" Could be their company missions statement, like officially, and it wouldn't even get me to bat an eye.

I don't know how they could possibly screw this up, but believe you me they will find a way come hell or high water.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,621
    Wait wait wait!
    You can't compare Classic to a private server and call it 2005.
    Even his character in the private server is lvl 255, WTF is this even doing here?
  • AldersAlders Member UncommonPosts: 2,126
    Kootur said:
    so more than current WoW? :D
    We have a winner.
    RhoklawRolanStorm
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,147
    Are there any differences? Do hunters have ammo bags?

Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID -