Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gloria Victis, anyone try it?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Has anyone tried Gloria Victis?  Is it decent and populated or just another DOA open PvP title?

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,052
    Tried it. Kind of clunky....didn't make it far enough to see if the pvp was bad.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Never mind, I tried the Discord channel and people were pretending (I think) to be religious radicals and insulting each other.  I should have known what kind of people I'd find in an open PvP game.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Like Viper said its clunky still even after new combat upgrade and still no means of travel other than walking. The people pretending is just roleplay from said time period. Did you ask for help and get trolled or something or do people rp just bother you?
    [Deleted User]
    I haven't bought the game yet, still checking it out.  Just a pretty negative impression from the Discord channel.  A couple of people seemed legit and helpful.  Others just seemed like teenage trolls.
    edited October 2018
    They do updates consistently but the game is still clunky. And in my honest opinion they should have added horses long before they did the 3rd faction. And still no horses or even much talk about them. You are probably better of saving youyr money unfortunately.
    OK, thanks for the heads-up.
  • centaurulcentaurul Member CommonPosts: 5
    alpha test = many problems yet, but it's very promising... and shining.
    The game is continually improving and a big update is close that adds horses, horse combat and the ability to freebuild in your guild owned castles.
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/327070/announcements/detail/3082071787896302111

Someone just posted a really helpful youtube guide that the devs put in their blog.

[Deleted User]
    Robokapp said:
    Has anyone tried Gloria Victis?  Is it decent and populated or just another DOA open PvP title?
    it's not out yet.
    Actually it is out but still in early access but they continually work on and improve it, its just a slow process as they are not a big dev house.
    edited August 2019
    Anyhow, released or not now is a good time to pick up a copy if you haven't already as its 50% off on steam atm $9.99, well worth it imho. Steam reviews have went from mixed to mostly positive now as well.
  • daadamodaadamo Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I've played for quite some time. Put in more than 1,000 hrs. Great game, in a constant state of flux though. Constant improvements made by Devs, some great, some not so much. I bought the game for 9.99 on STEAM, and I have MORE than gotten my money's worth. The community is very, very dedicated. Some toxic but most very helpful. Try it out, it is definitely worth the money you pay.

bcbullyAsheram
    If you still have not bought it it is now on steam summer sale for $7.99. They just added fishing too.
    https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/327070/view/2505639402158428129
    [Deleted User]