Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want a playground

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
I'm 7 years old and my name is Johnny.  I live in a suburb community, it's a nice neighborhood with low traffic and plenty of other children to play with.  It's early and I would love to open the screen door and play outside.  I have a lot of toys out their and I'm not quite sure what I would like to do first... But one thing for sure... I want to get out bad and be myself. 

The problem is my controlling parents.  They think I need to be supervised and tell me what to play with.  I may want to knock on Joe's door and see if he would like to play too.  But sadly my father will make me play on the swing.  HE THINKS HE KNOWS better than I of what I would like to do, unfortunately I'll have no choice. 

I'm 7, I want to do my own thing, I have the toys but I have to play in the order of what my parents tell me because they know me better than I know myself :(  

-mmorpg's are what I would like to do. 
-Newer games-online are what Managers of large companies tell me I want to do.   

If you can't get my point, then I can't help you.
bcbullyKyleranAsheram

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    MOMM!  Johhny's sick again.   

WHAT?...

I don't know!  I just don't want him throwing up on my bed like last time!
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Kylerancraftseeker
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Not an MMO, but may I suggest Theme Park Studio?
    [Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Remember what you did to the cats and squirrels, Johnny? Bad boy, Johnny. We don't know if we can trust you off on your own any more....

Gut Out!
    KylerancraftseekerOctagon7711[Deleted User]

What, me worry?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Problem is that most Johny's get out and bully the other kids, kicking over their sand castles if they don't have supervision, because they are really just little shits.
    Scot[Deleted User]bcbullyKylerancraftseekerOctagon7711AlBQuirky[Deleted User]
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    BadSpock said:
    Problem is that most Johny's get out and bully the other kids, kicking over their sand castles if they don't have supervision, because they are really just little shits.
    Hey! I remember you. Been awhile. Welcome back!
    BadSpock[Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    I don't think Johnny wants to be schooled in a theme park, he could go Lord of the Flies and play one of those survival games? Otherwise not that many games that let you play outside. :)
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Hello, I'm Johnny, 7 years old, and each time I find a game that is a bit too hard, I either cheat my way through it or discard it and run back to mommy...
    Every Johny - "GANKING TAKES SKILL NOOB!"
    KyleranAlBQuirky[Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited October 2018
    I remember as a kid when we used to play capture the flag, soccer, floorball, hide and seek, cops and robbers, and other fun games with a group of about 6 other kids around my age.

I guess I was a deficient kid for having only freedom to pick any game our group wanted, instead of far superior kids who have learned that no matter which game they pick they're entitled to do whatever the fuck they want.

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Sometimes Johnny's a superstar, and sometimes he gets marbles stuck up his nose...

Gut Out!
    Grunty

What, me worry?

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Johnny B. Goode was that you?
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Sounds like Johnny has changed the message on folks answering machine again.  A little.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Scot[Deleted User]Octagon7711AlBQuirkyYukmarc
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    I wonder if he even sees the foretelling of disappointment in his own posts.

All this talk about freedom to do all kinds of activities is rather ironic coming from Pantheon's #1 fan.

The only game Johnny is going to play at that playground is burning ants with a magnifying glass, because the park director's didn't actually bother to build a playground in the park.

Day 2:
    Johnny: "But I did the magnifying glass yesterday!"
    Other:   "Then you'll be better at it today and get even more ants this time."

Day 37:
    Johnny: "I'm kind of tired of doing nothing but using this magnifying glass."
    Other:   "I hear you, and you've killed enough ants to earn a reward."

Hands Johnny a magnifying glass double the size of his old one.
    [Deleted User]
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    BadSpock said:
    Hello, I'm Johnny, 7 years old, and each time I find a game that is a bit too hard, I either cheat my way through it or discard it and run back to mommy...
    Every Johny - "GANKING TAKES SKILL NOOB!"
    Ganking and getting away with it does ;)
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited October 2018

AlBQuirky
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Ah yes, its Friday, so of course we have the obligatory WTF is he talking about thread.

I'm not sure the OP even understands what sort of game he is describing or hoping for.

One thing is for sure, Pantheon will not be the free form experience he purports to want.

Lokerodelete5230GeezerGamer[Deleted User][Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Someone take away his keyboard and give him a box of crayons.
    delete5230[Deleted User]Kyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    I think you guys are being too harsh, he says it in some strange ways but few of think nothing has been lost from old school, even gaming journalists sometimes give a nod to that now even if they are about ten years too late in doing so. :)
    Scot said:
    I think you guys are being too harsh, he says it in some strange ways but few of think nothing has been lost from old school, even gaming journalists sometimes give a nod to that now even if they are about ten years too late in doing so. :)
    Thing is, he really doesn't know of what he speaks,  his first MMORPG was WOW, I'm not even sure it was in Vanilla days.

He has never actually played at length any of the titles such as EQ1, UO, EVE or AC which had the freedom and challenge he claims to  long for.

He is basically wishing for something he's never actually experienced, and wishes for the challenge and freedom of....vanilla WOW.

Most from the old school would not hold up WOW as a poster child for those two terms, even though I'll grant WOW was more of both back in the day.

If the OP ever gets to play a game like the 1st gen my guess is he'll flame out quickly in bitter disappointment,  same as for many who think it's what they really want, they'll find their tastes have changed too much over the years. 

Octagon7711[Deleted User]AlBQuirkyimmodium

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:
    Thing is, he really doesn't know of what he speaks,  his first MMORPG was WOW, I'm not even sure it was in Vanilla days.

He has never actually played at length any of the titles such as EQ1, UO, EVE or AC which had the freedom and challenge he claims to  long for.

He is basically wishing for something he's never actually experienced, and wishes for the challenge and freedom of....vanilla WOW.

Most from the old school would not hold up WOW as a poster child for those two terms, even though I'll grant WOW was more of both back in the day.

If the OP ever gets to play a game like the 1st gen my guess is he'll flame out quickly in bitter disappointment,  same as for many who think it's what they really want, they'll find their tastes have changed too much over the years. 

I've gone back to play old school MMO's and for me it's just not the same.  Time to move on a leave the past behind.  That said, I still play SWG Legends, but even that doesn't feel the same as when I played SWG back in the day.
    Kyleranimmodium

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:

Lets talk ok ? 
    Lets not talk only Pantheon because I have my eyes on Saga of Lucimia at the same time, you know the old saying don't put all your eggs in one basket.  

I don't have any intention of playing it like you guys played EQ1, never have !
    All the old schoolers say they don't have the time like they used to, well same with me. 

Why is everyone closed minded and say "its all or nothing".  Are you guys the type that must be 24/7 ?... I knew people like that in Vanilla WoW. 

Know how I played Vanilla WoW ? 
    I didn't work off a Guild.  I took charge every game session.  I'm the king of finding people, by using the tools given in every mmorpg to do it, well not sure of the crap ones we have now.  I start a "friends list" and create an network of them using each other... I find the true dungeon crawlers !!… People like me because I'm good at it, I can super charge a dull mmorpg.  Back when I had a slow internet connection, I would have four or five tells waiting for me to log in. 

NOW, your thinking this guy has a big head and think he's the greatest ! ….Absolutely not.... I care for people, I'm truly the one that helps others when they need help.  Others only talk trash, I rarely see others go to the other side of the map and not care about sharing a quest. 

I'm that one.... I may be the only one.  Guilds get in my way, when I log in a don't give a rats butt about politics, I'm ready to play.   

This is important:
    P1999... I played for two weeks talking to people.  It's something I never divulged, I was making huge amounts of friends... When I realized I wasn't staying because the GAME IS OLD, WITH MANY FLAWS FROM BEING SO OLD AND 1999.  This game is meant for nostalgia, and those that new the work arounds for the mechanics. I didn't want to waste the nice peoples time having them take me by the hand only to soon stop playing.   

Sooo 
    @kyleran ; put that in your pipe and smoke it....I'll last longer than you !

Kyleran
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Johnny has learned a life lesson at the ripe old age of 7... that life doesn't always let you do the things you want to do.

Too bad Johnny is wiser than the OP at this point.
    KyleranTheScavenger
    btdt said:
    Johnny has learned a life lesson at the ripe old age of 7... that life doesn't always let you do the things you want to do.

Too bad Johnny is wiser than the OP at this point.
    What an ass hole !

Kyleran said:
    Scot said:

Lets talk ok ? 
    Lets not talk only Pantheon because I have my eyes on Saga of Lucimia at the same time, you know the old saying don't put all your eggs in one basket.  

All the old schoolers say they don't have the time like they used to, well same with me. 

Why is everyone closed minded and say "its all or nothing".  Are you guys the type that must be 24/7 ?... I knew people like that in Vanilla WoW. 

I didn't work off a Guild.  I took charge every game session.  I'm the king of finding people, by using the tools given in every mmorpg to do it, well not sure of the crap ones we have now.  I start a "friends list" and create an network of them using each other... I find the true dungeon crawlers !!… People like me because I'm good at it, I can super charge a dull mmorpg.  Back when I had a slow internet connection, I would have four or five tells waiting for me to log in. 

NOW, your thinking this guy has a big head and think he's the greatest ! ….Absolutely not.... I care for people, I'm truly the one that helps others when they need help.  Others only talk trash, I rarely see others go to the other side of the map and not care about sharing a quest. 

I'm that one.... I may be the only one.  Guilds get in my way, when I log in a don't give a rats butt about politics, I'm ready to play.   

This is important:
    P1999... I played for two weeks talking to people.  It's something I never divulged, I was making huge amounts of friends... When I realized I wasn't staying because the GAME IS OLD, WITH MANY FLAWS FROM BEING SO OLD AND 1999.  This game is meant for nostalgia, and those that new the work arounds for the mechanics. I didn't want to waste the nice peoples time having them take me by the hand only to soon stop playing.   

Sooo 

So if you never joined guilds in vanilla WOW, eh?

Means you never raided the 40 mans, and are pretty much a casual.

Might work in SOL but if Pantheon decides to recreate the bigger EQ raids you'll either be guilded or going home.

Even the larger camps will likely belong to the big guilds so again, not much for you to do.

But hey, good luck with that, first either game has to launch, not suck, and then you'll get your shot.

You'll definitely last longer than me, I'm not planning on playing either game, I'm done with that style and looking for a different sort of challenge. 

[Deleted User]

Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Scot said:

Lets talk ok ? 

This is important:

Sooo 

So if you never joined guilds in vanilla WOW, eh?

Means you never raided the 40 mans, and are pretty much a casual.

Might work in SOL but if Pantheon decides to recreate the bigger EQ raids you'll either be guilded or going home.

Even the larger camps will likely belong to the big guilds so again, not much for you to do.

But hey, good luck with that, first either game has to launch, not suck, and then you'll get your shot.

You'll definitely last longer than me, I'm not planning on playing either game, I'm done with that style and looking for a different sort of challenge. 

OK, 
    Since your digging in and carefully analyzing every word I say.  Looking for inconsistency or for me to say something you can capitalize on.  

Lets look at you ! 
    You claim you don't play Eve any more, you don't plan on playing Pantheon, you don't seem to have anything favorite.... It almost seems you don't have any past, present, future likes, why are you even here ?  

You know my reasons for not playing P1999, I stated them 20 times and you responded, so your aware..... Why are you doing that, just having fun ?   

I'll be playing Pantheon as long as it's a well built "world".  For my reasons I'll be having more fun than most..... My motivations are extremely unselfish fun (this is non-existent).  My goal is to help as many people as I can. I'm defiantly not be the best player, far from it.  

So this is a Fact, my friends list will be bigger than most Guilds.  I'll be introducing people to other people. This would be so much fun I can taste it :p    

I've belonged to many Guilds, their usually worthless for my intentions and slow down my self generated fun... I usually grab friends that belong to other guilds, why because their slowed down too.