Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red Dead Redemption 2 looks and plays best on Xbox One X

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
"If you're looking for the very best RDR2 experience, Xbox One X is the go-to platform for this game. Rockstar's stunning technological achievement runs at native 4K on the X, and also delivers the smoothest performance. Bearing in mind just how far Rockstar is pushing current-gen hardware, that's a stunning achievement."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-red-dead-redemption-2-face-off

Wellspring

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    So, don't bother buying it if you only have the vanilla Xbox1 or PS4 ? Though can the Xbox1x even handle native 4k at 60 hz, i could be wrong but isn't it limited to 30hz for 4k? :/
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I figured this was going to be the case, after Monster Hunter on a base PS4 I'm rather hesitant to go that route again. Monster Hunter which is a absolutely fantastic game become unplayable for the gaming snob I am with the washed out graphics and terrible Frame rates sometimes dipping into the low to mid 20's.  

I currently own a Nintendo Switch and base ps4 both of which have become dust collecting paper weights , Gamestop has quite a few trade in deals which would basically allow me to pick up a XBOX one X and RDR2 for about 90 bucks after tax and trade in value. But wiping/boxing the hardware & that treck down to gamestop. Then dealing with the line 32 people deep picking up their preorder of RDR2 not to mention the worst part of some annoying kid with 12 lbs of hardware pierced through his face trying to sell me game insurance incase i decide to play Frisbee with my disc. Ugh...No thank you.

Goddamit Rockstar why couldn't you have just done us a solid and just release this on PC

Phry
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    thunderC said:
    I figured this was going to be the case, after Monster Hunter on a base PS4 I'm rather hesitant to go that route again. Monster Hunter which is a absolutely fantastic game become unplayable for the gaming snob I am with the washed out graphics and terrible Frame rates sometimes dipping into the low to mid 20's.  

I currently own a Nintendo Switch and base ps4 both of which have become dust collecting paper weights , Gamestop has quite a few trade in deals which would basically allow me to pick up a XBOX one X and RDR2 for about 90 bucks after tax and trade in value. But wiping/boxing the hardware & that treck down to gamestop. Then dealing with the line 32 people deep picking up their preorder of RDR2 not to mention the worst part of some annoying kid with 12 lbs of hardware pierced through his face trying to sell me game insurance incase i decide to play Frisbee with my disc. Ugh...No thank you.

Goddamit Rockstar why couldn't you have just done us a solid and just release this on PC

damn man, sounds like your gamestop sucks. mine might have 2 or 3 people in it at a time. dont bother boxing any trade ins as they give you $0 more for box. the wiping hardware sucks but has to be done. im just gonna download the game as i am trying to go from physical to digital. im old school so its not gonna be easy. i suggest you just get the PS4 Pro and game. you wont regret it. not to mention spiderman and horizon zero dawn as must plays. makes it worth it.

JeffSpicoli
    Moxom914 said:
    thunderC said:

damn man, sounds like your gamestop sucks. mine might have 2 or 3 people in it at a time. dont bother boxing any trade ins as they give you $0 more for box. the wiping hardware sucks but has to be done. im just gonna download the game as i am trying to go from physical to digital. im old school so its not gonna be easy. i suggest you just get the PS4 Pro and game. you wont regret it. not to mention spiderman and horizon zero dawn as must plays. makes it worth it.

Honestly i have zero interest in any other console game, The only reason I'm even considering this is because for a extra 30 bucks i would get the game and a new console. XBOXONE X Sounds more appealing to me because of the native 4k, also despite it being a dead game iv always wanted to try that pirate MMO lite, forgot the name. Then there is the UHD blu ray capability which is something i dont have at the moment.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Moxom914 said:
    thunderC said:

cough... god of war.. cough..  well if you absolutely have to get a PS4... ;)
    Moxom914
    thunderC said:
    Moxom914 said:
    thunderC said:

Honestly i have zero interest in any other console game, The only reason I'm even considering this is because for a extra 30 bucks i would get the game and a new console. XBOXONE X Sounds more appealing to me because of the native 4k, also despite it being a dead game iv always wanted to try that pirate MMO lite, forgot the name. Then there is the UHD blu ray capability which is something i dont have at the moment.
    Must admit i am curious about the movies part, my own video collection is digital, not physical, do many people have a physical disk for movies these days? just wondering tbh.  :/
    JeffSpicoli
    thunderC said:
    Moxom914 said:
    thunderC said:

i understand. i was a PC only guy for a decade. then i got a console for destiny. never went back. now i have every console and love them. no need to ever "upgrade" to play a game. i just say PS4 because of the exclusives. spiderman, god of war, horizon are all top notch. best games out on any system to date. if u need a 4k player then i get getting an xbone x. but ps4 pro is the better buy. all it takes is one game to really see how well consoles play. they are not at computer specs and never will be, but the margin has narrowed so much that unless u have a very high end gaming pc, u cant tell the difference.
    JeffSpicoli
    Phry said:
    thunderC said:
    Moxom914 said:
    thunderC said:

Must admit i am curious about the movies part, my own video collection is digital, not physical, do many people have a physical disk for movies these days? just wondering tbh.  :/
    I dont own any UHD physical but i would start a collection if the picture quality really blew me away. I don't know can you get UHD on digital ?
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

thunderC said:
    Phry said:
    thunderC said:
    Moxom914 said:
    thunderC said:

I dont own any UHD physical but i would start a collection if the picture quality really blew me away. I don't know can you get UHD on digital ?
    4K is unbeatable as long as you have the hardware to properly display it.
    JeffSpicoli
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Phry said:
    thunderC said:
    Moxom914 said:
    thunderC said:

I have a huge movie collection on DVD/BluRay.

I don't like digital for a variety of reasons. Sometimes I want to watch something and it's no longer available or just "isn't" available. Sometimes streaming is a bit wonky.

There are some things that are obscure and might never come to streaming but I can find it in dvd.

I just want to own my media and always have access to it whenever I want with no issues.
    JeffSpicoliMoxom914
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Phry said:
    thunderC said:
    Moxom914 said:
    thunderC said:

I've got both the Xbox X and the PS4 pro god of War edition.

This generation I prefer my Xbox and being able to play games like SoW on my Xbox or PC as I desire is a real bonus and one that I want to see expand.

I spend quite a bit of time in the backcountry and physical movies come in real handy still.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    I won't let Microsoft charge me twice, waiting for the PC edition.
    [Deleted User]
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Scot said:
    I won't let Microsoft charge me twice, waiting for the PC edition.
    Some games play on both.

I can play the same copy of Shadows of War on my PC or my Xbox as I desire.

This needs to expand.
    Scot

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee