Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. First Impressions! - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• Thawolf1Thawolf1 Member UncommonPosts: 16

Here is my first impressions summed up in exactly two words

"Battle Royale"

Has nothing to do with battle royale, you can't be hurt that badly unless you engage in a duel from what I have seen. I was hit and shot lots of times and took little to no damage from other players. It is Fallout, with other people playing with you. I grouped up with other players to do events like wave after wave of scorchers to get an event reward with no problems.
  • Thawolf1Thawolf1 Member UncommonPosts: 16

Nanbino said:

Your all thinking it, no one saying it: Dumbed down version piggybacking off the quick buck market of battle royal and survival games.

It's a polished turd we will have to put our best fanboi faces on to try and ignore it's foul odor as we consume it.

I am the resident Battle Royale guy here at MMORPG.com with over 1500 hours in PUBG alone, and other hours in Last Tide, Fortnite, Blackout, Ring of Elysium, let me tell you this is not a battle royale game. Not even close. Everything is as Fallout as you can get with multiplayer.
    Kyleranbartoni33Nyctelios
  • sschruppsschrupp Cedar Rapids, IAMember UncommonPosts: 511
    How the heck are people thinking this is a Battle Royale game? Everything I've seen points to a Fallout game, PvE focused, co-op multiplayer, with SOME PvP elements.
    KyleranNyctelios
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,760
    sschrupp said:
    How the heck are people thinking this is a Battle Royale game? Everything I've seen points to a Fallout game, PvE focused, co-op multiplayer, with SOME PvP elements.
    Many people here can't even properly identify when a game is a MMO, BRs are a more advanced concept so no hope there. 

ScorchienNycteliosTacticalZombehXarko

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• skadadskadad VMember UncommonPosts: 342
    BR is simple, mmo is harder, mmorpg even harder. give the pvp gankers your littlefingers they will take your planet anyways so, we shall see :D
  • uriel_mafessuriel_mafess neguritownMember UncommonPosts: 59
    Looks awful. It seems like they fused FO4 with the meshes from Skyrim.

They really are intended to completely kill the franchise.