Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamigo Issues Its Official Statement About the Purchase of Trion Worlds - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageGamigo Issues Its Official Statement About the Purchase of Trion Worlds - MMORPG.com News

After a day of news about the acquisition of Trion Worlds by Gamigo, the German games publisher has finally issued its official statement. The press release cites three main points about the buyout including extending its games portfolio, the strengthening of its position "as a leading EU and American gaming company" and the potential revenue increase as a result of the Trion World's IPs.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    So which games are gonna be immediately shut down?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    RIP Rift and Defiance
    OzmodancatofmanyLark3mdoomex
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Press release that is full of clichés and usual fluff BS jargon, i.m sure these press releases are BOT generated, because if a person did actually speak like that in real life.....They surely would have the moniker that rhythms with Banker.
    Sal1iamspamicusSovrathcatofmany

• DranmarthDranmarth Member UncommonPosts: 57

Albatroes said:

RIP Rift and Defiance

Doubt Atlas Reactor makes it out of this intact either
  • kathileykathiley Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Don't want to sound like an ass, but after Archeage, I don't feel bad for them.
    The way they talked to the community (with 2-3 exceptions in the community team), they should be ashamed.
    Asm0deusOyjorddoomex
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

You Reap what you Sow Trion
    Asm0deusOzmodanceratop001OyjordLark3mTacticalZombeh
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    That is very sad for these people. The Gaming industry is so cutthroat. I wouldn't accept a job in this area.
    tirwencatofmany
  • calibekcalibek Member UncommonPosts: 300

kruler said:

Press release that is full of clichés and usual fluff BS jargon, i.m sure these press releases are BOT generated, because if a person did actually speak like that in real life.....They surely would have the moniker that rhythms with Banker.

All higher management in any company acts like this. They have, what I like to call, VP speak. This whole corporate ass-kissing, everything is so happy, cheery and positive, full of optimism, rainbows, and sunshine drek they spit out that makes them seem like a 5 year old on crack.

Sadly the only thing that makes it worse in my eyes is when they incorporate hand gestures and high fives into their speeches. Enough to make me want to vomit right there.
    catofmanykinkyJalepenoSolancerGdemami

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited October 2018
    Ah, so it makes sense, Trion was basically insolvent, hence the rapid termination of most employees as the new trustees have to protect the interests of the creditors. 

In California it keeps the bankrupcy out of the courts.

http://usisg.com/?page_id=39

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/small-business-book/chapter13-3.html
    ConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Trion was acquired via an “Assignment for the Benefit of the Creditors” process

Sounds like they owed a pretty penny and their debt was acquired by Gamigo .

OzmodanThupli
    Chamber of Chains
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited October 2018
    deleted
    edited October 2018
    This "ABC" filing might negatively impact employees severance, appears it is governed by California state law rather than federal bankrupcy.

"Employee Priority. Employee and other claim priorities are governed by state law and may involve different amounts than apply under the Bankruptcy Code. In California, for example, the employee wage and salary priority is $4,300, not the $10,950 amount currently in force under the Bankruptcy Code."

https://bankruptcy.cooley.com/2008/03/articles/business-bankruptcy-issues/assignments-for-the-benefit-of-creditors-simple-as-abc/

ConstantineMerus

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited October 2018
    Assignment for the Benefit of the Creditors. Bankruptcy and Liquidation terminology.

And: Acquired the "major assets" of Trion World Inc.

What it doesn't say is that Gamigo bought Trion Worlds Inc.

Could well mean that some "debt" or "liabilities" have been left with Trion Worlds Inc. - severance packages maybe? I suppose if Gamigo paid any money - other than taking on debt - there may be hope for those who now seem to be out of a job.
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
    [Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

cheyane said:

So.....Trion went to Gamigo asking for a favor and then Gamigo made them an offer they couldn't refuse. This is what Mafia 3 really should've been about.
    iixviiiixrojoArcueid
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Wonder what will happen to Trove. The only healthy game Trion had.
    Kwestorek1

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894

kruler said:

Rest assured people do talk like that.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    edited October 2018

kruler said:

Do you live under a rock? Lots of people talk that way in professional circles.

I should add that it is annoying. ;)

Post edited by Sovrath on
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

cheyane said:

Pretty much shows that Trion was on it's last legs. They were bankrupt, and were lucky to find a buyer.

If Trion wasn't sold, they would not have lasted that much longer.
    Kyleran
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Cool, I'll buy Gamigo after I win the Mega Millions tonight.
    Kwestorek1
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
    Torval said:
    Kumapon said:
    cheyane said:

Pretty much shows that Trion was on it's last legs. They were bankrupt, and were lucky to find a buyer.

The one thing in Kano's post that is relevant to the industry and echoed by Superman0X is that Trion isn't alone. On the surface not much in the thread seems industry relevant. After thinking a bit on both their comments and reading this, I think it's easy to infer at least one more company is feeling the fire.
    You may recall Kano predicted the industry was suffering from the huge shift of gaming dollars to Fortnite, and he said some of the weaker firms wouldn't survive.

Probably some others on the brink currently

gervaise1Kumapon[Deleted User]ThupliConstantineMerus

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Welp Trion Worlds is dead in the water along with their gaming portfolio in all honesty. Gamigo isn't a really good gaming company in the least and just I don't see any of these games surviving at all.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Torval said:

Kumapon said:
    cheyane said:

The one thing in Kano's post that is relevant to the industry and echoed by Superman0X is that Trion isn't alone. On the surface not much in the thread seems industry relevant. After thinking a bit on both their comments and reading this, I think it's easy to infer at least one more company is feeling the fire.

Day Break Games anyone?!
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Welp Trion Worlds is dead in the water along with their gaming portfolio in all honesty. Gamigo isn't a really good gaming company in the least and just I don't see any of these games surviving at all.
    So if the games aren't going to survive are they buying it for the Marvel Licence ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Anyone else notice the part where they expect to bring in 18 million more. Really got my doubts those games are even pulling anywhere near that all together at this point. Trove was doing OK, the rest of them were limping along trying to just keep what they had. Feel bad for people that are playing rift and archeage still because I got the feeling if they don't pull in that number then they will start looking at what to axe.
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    could they get a projected revenue stream from licensing existing ip's they have taken over, the 18 million revenue does appear far fetched with the various ip's as they stand as of now.

As has been mentioned a few times in broader terms of changes...How in the name of all that's Holy is Day Break Games operating, (Not including rumors of strange money moving), and taking that thought exercise and applying it to what I said at the beginning, are we looking at these guys revenue in to narrow of a view.