Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's Aion PvP like?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
How is the PvP in this game?  Open, no consequences?  Or some kind of penalty for killing other players?  If you want to mostly PvE, will you get ganked all the time?

Thanks!

Comments

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited October 2018
    This is a good question. The game has changed so much over the years. And this update coming ou this week changes alot of things. Its almost like a game overhaul.
    Octagon7711
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I was reading the forums last night to find out about the changes that are starting today.  Someone there asked about PvP and a few people said it will probably be the same, so yes you will probably get ganked from time to time while leveling.  The changes tend to benefit those who frequent the cash-shop the most, and not so much for new or returning players.  Leveling is supposed to go faster.  Don't know about PvP death penalties.

I would suggest spending some time on the official forums to get a feel for all the changes they are making.  I'll probably read about it a little more before I hop in to check it out for myself but nothing I've heard so far makes me excited for the new system.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I was reading the forums last night to find out about the changes that are starting today.  Someone there asked about PvP and a few people said it will probably be the same, so yes you will probably get ganked from time to time while leveling.  The changes tend to benefit those who frequent the cash-shop the most, and not so much for new or returning players.  Leveling is supposed to go faster.  Don't know about PvP death penalties.

I would suggest spending some time on the official forums to get a feel for all the changes they are making.  I'll probably read about it a little more before I hop in to check it out for myself but nothing I've heard so far makes me excited for the new system.
    Wait, the update is tuned to make it more P2W?  Why did I even consider playing one of these Korean games...
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Wait, the update is tuned to make it more P2W?  Why did I even consider playing one of these Korean games...
    becasue ncsoft is using blade and soul system on aion, now, for some years they did use some aion on blade and soul and some blade and soul on aion, now they are full blow mix both system

Aion was good during his P2P time and maybe a little time after it become f2p, but in the last years? they killed a lot of maps
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Unfortunately heavy focus on the cash shop appears to be the norm these days.  I never thought I'd see the day when companies would put micro transactions in single player games but there they are.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey