Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning Player Guide for Aion: Awakened Legacy

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited October 2018 in Aion
Aion: Awakened Legacy launches Oct 24th. NC Soft has made a guide for new and returning players. :)

181024-AN-Awakened-Legacy-Returning-User-Guide-DetailPage-573x203jpg

Aion: Awakened Legacy has a world of changes in store, and if you’re returning to Aion to see what’s new, we’ve got you covered. To quickly resettle into Aion, this guide is an easy-to-use handbook on the important changes that may impact you the most once you’ve re-logged into the game, regardless of your level.

http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/community/returning-player-guide-for-aion-awakened-legacy.php

Comments

• HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    Hmm i played aion but got tired of the laggy servers since i had constant 200+ ping since i live in EU an di dont think there was any real eu server..also it felt like when you hit high lvl then the dungeon system sort of felt off..like there was no dungeons to get better gear in..like they gave up on aion

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Lots of changes.  I've always liked this game but leveling had ceased to be fun.  PvP and  PvE gear sounds strange in a game that has mostly open world PvP unless they've changed this.  Hope they've made inventory management better or just increased inventory sizes which is the main reason I stopped just logging in to play casually, I didn't feel like dealing with the inventory mini-game.  Hopefully the game will be a lot easier to play with less of a re-learning curve.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    so they are beyond "kill 400 ghosts" "kill 1000 ghosts" now? :P

wish they'd bring back rifting for real.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Hmm i played aion but got tired of the laggy servers since i had constant 200+ ping since i live in EU an di dont think there was any real eu server..also it felt like when you hit high lvl then the dungeon system sort of felt off..like there was no dungeons to get better gear in..like they gave up on aion

There is an EU version hosted by Gameforge. 

https://en.aion.gameforge.com/website/landing/long/?kid=1-62002-a6l02-1607-0130711f
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Was there a wipe of inactive characters at some point?
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    ok but at least i hope they fix the red quest line because it got lost at lvl 50 and the whole landscape felt like vomit put together,..all they focus on was dressings

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Scorchien said:
    I've played off and on since launch, stayed away for a few years, recently can back just to check in and all my characters were there.  I think a problem was not enough slots for people who are altoholics.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    As to "rifting", if they keep the "fast track" servers as I remember then that's where you'll find most of the players who are primarly interested in the PvE part of the game.  Because I remember them being as rift-free, no  moving between Elysea or Asmodea.  I grant that the "rifting" does encourage people to join guilds as a means to progress. Hard to do PvE quests in a open area solo when there is a possiblity of others being there with no interest in the PvE part and are just basically a "wolf pack" waiting for victims. I played mostly on the fast track servers. I'm not very good at PvP period.  I will never ask a publisher to change their game to satisfy me.  I'll either be able to make a go of it or I'll leave.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Scorchien said:
    I've played off and on since launch, stayed away for a few years, recently can back just to check in and all my characters were there.  I think a problem was not enough slots for people who are altoholics.
    me to , toons are gone tho
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Jamar870 said:
    As to "rifting", if they keep the "fast track" servers as I remember then that's where you'll find most of the players who are primarly interested in the PvE part of the game. 

Fast Track servers are going away. 

Leveling

The leveling path for new and existing characters will be changing substantially. If you’re making a new character you will start off in either Ishalgen or Poeta and experience a new story that progresses through an Atreia changed by Ereskigal’s wrath. Take note that some of the zones that you remember may no longer be accessible! The Fast-Track server has also been removed.