Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor - Upcoming week - more turmoil in video game industry

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    *looks at my threads*
    *looks at this thread*

+1 :)
    MrMelGibson

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,713
    *looks at my threads*
    *looks at this thread*

Sorry but you can't compare that.
    You carry any random nonsense from reddit over here.
    Always obvious clickbait.

Kano is known to have insider knowledge and is therefore a credible source for information.
    SovrathcraftseekerFlyByKnightMrMelGibsonYashaXGdemamiInteritus
    Harbinger of Fools
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,387
    Scorchien said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Dakeru said:
    Well it's not like he didn't give us any information at all.
    We know that Kano has insider connections which are tied to Trion.

So my guess is Rift or ArcheAge are closing?
    Not just Trion. He knew that ESO was going buy to play before it was announced.
    We at TESOF also knew. Please.
    yea .. this pretty much the world new it was going F2P months ahead the rumors and signs were there..

If i remember right Forbes predicted it go F2P  like 10 months ahead of time to the day i think ..I was skeptical reading it .. but ..  

This is going to be anti-climatic :)
    Except .... it didn't that is why you have to buy the game! poor Forbes. Lots of us assumed it would change though. And many of us were more accurate than the Forbes article :)

As for DM's comments - why doubt them? They will have been provided in good faith.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 3,871
    I stopped at a Psychic/Fortune teller on the way home.   She said that this week I would have many challenges but also bright spots.

Was RDR2 one of the bright spots in her prediction?
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,854
    The crystal ball says, "WoW goes F2P."  I love speculation...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,191
    edited October 2018
    Four Kings defeated Ornstein and Sumo? Oh...that's the very definition of ominous! They became even more EVUL! And be even more large and edgy and now attack the ENTIRE ARENA EACH!

:)

(nah for real, what could it be?)
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,883
    edited October 2018
    gervaise1 said:
    Scorchien said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Dakeru said:

yea .. this pretty much the world new it was going F2P months ahead the rumors and signs were there..

If i remember right Forbes predicted it go F2P  like 10 months ahead of time to the day i think ..I was skeptical reading it .. but ..  

Except .... it didn't that is why you have to buy the game! poor Forbes. Lots of us assumed it would change though. And many of us were more accurate than the Forbes article :)

As for DM's comments - why doubt them? They will have been provided in good faith.

Splitting hairs , they spoke of dropping the sub , which it did .. B2P F2p .. same thing but for a few pennies, sub fee is pennies a day, a B2P goes even further
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,208
    This just in, will OP reach 20,000 posts on forums this month with posts like this? If so, mission accomplished.
    SBFordMrMelGibson
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 657

If this does turn out to be a Trion rumour, I hope its either (wishful thinking I know):-

1. Rift F2P is closing and re-launching subscription only, no cash shop.

or

2. A proper sub only Chocolate Rift server is launching with genuine 1.0 combat that runs similarly to Oldschool Runescape with community voting on content.

• ElidienElidien Member RarePosts: 1,394
    Having been on this site for a long time and knowing the quality of DMKano's posts, I do not take this lightly. I would say that its big and negative so either a closure of a studio, major game cancellation or a merger. It does not mean that it is MMO related either. 

DMKano - will we know it when we hear it? As in "This is what DMKano referred too because its so huge"?
    Dakerugervaise1TokkenMrMelGibsonGdemami
  • ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 727
    I just read in the British Daily Express online website about a fake rumour circulating that Elon Musk has bought Fortnite and is planning to "delete it". The rumour was helped along by Elon himself joining in the joke and tweeting that "it had to be done"
    Asm0deus
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,593
    I'll put my money that EA is involved somehow.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,972
    Scorchien said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Dakeru said:

I'm not talking about common speculation months in advance. He knew it was definitely happening within a week or 2 of the official announcement IIRC.
  • AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 250
    All that I can hope for is that EA goes bottom up for good.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,121

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,560
    Unless the United States is banning loot boxes or game developers are dumping F2P + PvP + P2W game designs, I highly doubt there's anything worth creating a rumor mill. However, popcorn is pretty cheap, so I'm game.
    SBFordTokkenTorvalMrMelGibson

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited October 2018
    Dakeru said:
    *looks at my threads*
    *looks at this thread*

Sorry but you can't compare that.
    You carry any random nonsense from reddit over here.
    Always obvious clickbait.

Kano is known to have insider knowledge and is therefore a credible source for information.
    That be against the MMORPG forum rules to target specific users. This thread is no different than the clickbait I was doing. No details no nothing, doesn't matter his past. He could have waited until whatever it is if anything was revealed. Instead this is just as much clickbait as I used to do.

As an example. I've seen people on here make posts that are genuine and just because of their username the thread gets de-railed by trolling. The user gets targeted by harassment. And I've seen people make obvious troll threads get applauded just cause of their username.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Gabe Newell sells Valve to EA.
    OG_Zorvan
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 4,812
    edited October 2018
    I don't think this is it.

Knowing DMKano, I'm predicting the opposite of a Trion failure or game closure. They're expanding their purview. My guess is that they intend to purchase a smaller studio - one with assets that they would like to lay claim to, and potentially fire/restructure the staff of said studio. 
    Gdemami
  • FinvegaFinvega Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I know... pinko-commie bastidge's infiltrated a major gaming company and embedded secret key-scanning code into everyone's pc. A major evil leader will delete everyone's WoW account this week. Women and minorities will be hit hardest. 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 21,076
    God gets upset that some game that He has been waiting all eternity to play is canceled and so decides to end the universe in an epic ragequit.

It's easier to predict the future if it's okay to be wildly wrong.
    Forgrimm said:
    Scorchien said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Dakeru said:

I'm not talking about common speculation months in advance. He knew it was definitely happening within a week or 2 of the official announcement IIRC.
    Everybody knew it was happening and coming , and Forbes nailed the week it would happen 10 months ahead of it ...

edited October 2018
    Aeander said:
    I don't think this is it.

Knowing DMKano, I'm predicting the opposite of a Trion failure or game closure. They're expanding their purview. My guess is that they intend to purchase a smaller studio - one with assets that they would like to lay claim to, and potentially fire/restructure the staff of said studio. 
    Trion has appeared pretty desperate the past 18 months, with there low budget cheap relaunches/remakes /enhanced / server merges,lay offs , money grabs , that the community is frankly sick of , it would not surprise me if they shuttered some games or sold the IPS off
    Gdemamiiamspamicus
  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 2,208
    edited October 2018
    EVERQUEST NEXT GETS CANCELED.............. AGAIN!
    WellspringEQBallzz
    Make PvE GREAT Again!
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    .extraClassAspect { -webkit-transform:scaleX(1.34)!important; }.extraClassCrop { -webkit-transform:scale(1.34)!important; }
    Tokken said:
    EVERQUEST NEXT GETS CANCELED.............. AGAIN!
    Hmmm Daybreak Games gets outed as Russian money laundering Spy front, Sony forced to buy it back or face criminal charges, EA swoops in the chaos and ends up buying Sony, starting an epic buy up frenzy that sees EA own everything from Wal-mart to McDonalds.....

Is that hugely convoluted and at the same time dreadful,  but does make the game industry more stable in the same way that beige is everyone's favorite colour.

PS side note spell checker SOD OFF with American spelling of ENGLISH words...GRRRRRR embrace the vowel its not your enemy.
    Tokkencraftseeker