Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation - Battle Royale Highlights

13»

Comments

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 327
    I said this the moment they released what this game is about, if something is too good to be true...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• OscillateOscillate Member UncommonPosts: 238
    Companies like this, are what is wrong within the mmorpg genre.  Following the money, instead of trying to create a unique and in-depth game.  Makes me sick.

You could not pay me to support this.  Its pathetic.
    Theocritus

(Akiraosc)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,801
    This is why many of us don't support kickstarter projects...They mislead you one direction then change the game to whatever is popular and youre out whatever you donated.
  • boris20boris20 Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Ive taken this title off my radar, simply because of seeing battle royale attached 
  • AngreeegamerAngreeegamer Member UncommonPosts: 51
    This is why many of us don't support kickstarter projects...They mislead you one direction then change the game to whatever is popular and youre out whatever you donated.

boris20 said:
    Ive taken this title off my radar, simply because of seeing battle royale attached 

Oscillate said:
    Companies like this, are what is wrong within the mmorpg genre.  Following the money, instead of trying to create a unique and in-depth game.  Makes me sick.

You could not pay me to support this.  Its pathetic.

I said this the moment they released what this game is about, if something is too good to be true...

I'm going to start a collection of screenshots like this so we can all have a laugh at your expense when Alpha Phase 2 starts up. So many uninformed drama queens on here. No wonder devs never invite us back into the kitchen this early on. 
    jahlon
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 386

I'm going to start a collection of screenshots like this so we can all have a laugh at your expense when Alpha Phase 2 starts up. So many uninformed drama queens on here. No wonder devs never invite us back into the kitchen this early on. 

The worst part is this entire 7 months of testing was changed up BECAUSE people were worried about combat.

In December we will see 100 vs 100 Castle Sieges
    In March we will see Horde Mode which is the testing of the mob AI.

In Q2 next year we see the MMO in action again, which if people remember, they've already let people go hands on with.

Its like when other games have done testing where they just drop people into a coliseum to do testing.   Intrepid went like an extra 20 miles do make it a fun mode to play, and that is somehow bad.   

• XiaokiXiaoki Member RarePosts: 3,358
    jahlon said:

The worst part is this entire 7 months of testing was changed up BECAUSE people were worried about combat.

Its like when other games have done testing where they just drop people into a coliseum to do testing.   Intrepid went like an extra 20 miles do make it a fun mode to play, and that is somehow bad.   

People were worried about the game's previous incarnation of combat because it was that ridiculous "rhythmic" style where you when you attacked you would get a bar and then you pressed the button again when an indicator that was moving back and forth was inside a section inside the bar.
    No one expected or wanted them to go to the complete opposite extreme to third person shooter combat. That kind of shift tells us that the game is having an identity crisis internally and in trouble.

NO ONE wanted or asked for a Battle Royale mode when they first saw this game. The previous time they showed it off was to highlight trinity gameplay in a dungeon with traditional combat. Then they do a complete 180 degree turn and show us a third person shooter style Battle Royale PvP?!
    Dont chase fads! It never works! We've seen a dozen other MMOs implement BR modes with zero success. Again this tells us that the game is trouble.

Also, you can say "these are just tests, the game isnt in trouble" all you want but it will fall on deaf ears. That is what these tests are projecting to us, the consumers.
    Stop wasting time and money recreating the game in different for genres for these tests. Whats next? A Madden NFL version to test player collision? Or how about a Mario Kart version to test mounts?
  • celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    jahlon said:

In Q2 next year we see the MMO in action again, which if people remember, they've already let people go hands on with.

Don't get me wrong I am not judging the game before it comes out, but people do have a right to be wary. Even in this statement you mainly mention PvP. PvP DOES NOT rule the MMORPG genre & that is what a lot of people are trying to say. I, like many others, want a new western MMO we can play. I have nothing against the eastern market but lets be honest, their optimization is usually crap & they go p2w sometimes rather quickly.

I know the gaming crowd can be fickle at the best of times, but like I said earlier a lot of the times their wariness is warranted. I'm not going to say anything negative about the game but when story driven games try to add other genres like battle royale or survival you can expect a negative response.

I understand why companies would rather have a PvP game because a lot of people have said it's way cheaper for them. In other words way easier to create a couple battle grounds &/or arenas than trying to keep up with PvE players chewing through new dungeons/raids/quests & the like. I don't think any of the previous comments from others & myself are bad mouthing the game, but like I've stated, we're wary.
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 386
    celtwulf said:
    jahlon said:

Don't get me wrong I am not judging the game before it comes out, but people do have a right to be wary. Even in this statement you mainly mention PvP. PvP DOES NOT rule the MMORPG genre & that is what a lot of people are trying to say. I, like many others, want a new western MMO we can play. I have nothing against the eastern market but lets be honest, their optimization is usually crap & they go p2w sometimes rather quickly.

I know the gaming crowd can be fickle at the best of times, but like I said earlier a lot of the times their wariness is warranted. I'm not going to say anything negative about the game but when story driven games try to add other genres like battle royale or survival you can expect a negative response.

I understand why companies would rather have a PvP game because a lot of people have said it's way cheaper for them. In other words way easier to create a couple battle grounds &/or arenas than trying to keep up with PvE players chewing through new dungeons/raids/quests & the like. I don't think any of the previous comments from others & myself are bad mouthing the game, but like I've stated, we're wary.

Wary I can understand.... totally.

Which is why I'll keep making videos until people are comfortable.