Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Select Inactive World of Warcraft Accounts Are Invited to a 3-Day Battle for Azeroth Trial - MMORPG.

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageSelect Inactive World of Warcraft Accounts Are Invited to a 3-Day Battle for Azeroth Trial - MMORPG.com

If you have an inactive World of Warcraft account and you don't already own Battle for Azeroth, you may want to check your BattleNet launcher to see if you've been selected for a special 3-day trial of the latest expansion. Players will run through a tutorial after choosing a class to play and having it "boosted" to 110. After that, players can try out the Fight for Lordaeron, obtain the Heart of Azeroth necklace and progress through the game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    There is so much controversy/hate/insert negative adjective about this xpac right now it's no surprise they are begging people to try things out. I really tried to like this one. I don't hate it and had a ton of fun at first, but only lasted 6 weeks just like Legion and Warlords before it.

Even heard a rumor going around that someone leaked the sub numbers and that they came in at 1.7 million total because of all the cancellations to subs? Again, just a rumor I heard, but I know almost my entire WoW group of IRL friends stopped playing except for 2. The raid team we were on had 4 more people stop playing right after the exodus of 6 of us. Damn near half of the 25 man team so yeah I think the hemorrhaging of subs is pretty serious this time compared to Legion and WoD.
    [Deleted User]metarealThahargamer9088Seelinnikoi
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited October 2018
    Blizzard is in a tough position.  Azerite armor traits as a system is overwhelmingly viewed negatively by players.  Expeditions and Warfronts were largely viewed as disappointments even without the "Horde getting a crack at WFs without an iLvl req" debacle.  Players came into the expansion cautiously optimistic about the story, but 8.1 data-mining has diminished that optimism among many.  But they don't really have the time or manpower to change course this expansion.

I'm not gonna lie, as good as the zones and art are...  I wouldn't be surprised to see some reshuffling of creative directors after this expansion's run is largely completed.  At the very least, a player address by Blizzard acknowledging the missteps and a plan to correct course for the next expansion.
    [Deleted User]FolmenThahar[Deleted User]Seelinnikoi

• CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    edited October 2018

Rukushin said:

-Snip-
    Even heard a rumor going around that someone leaked the sub numbers and that they came in at 1.7 million total because of all the cancellations to subs? Again, just a rumor I heard, but I know almost my entire WoW group of IRL friends stopped playing except for 2. The raid team we were on had 4 more people stop playing right after the exodus of 6 of us. Damn near half of the 25 man team so yeah I think the hemorrhaging of subs is pretty serious this time compared to Legion and WoD.

I heard the same rumor, AZ covered it on HeelvsBabyface, its very telling if true.

metarealFolmen
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Oh wow, I didn't know there was a video on it. I heard it mentioned on both the General Forums and Reddit so I was very skeptical, but multiple places where the very fanatical and fervent player-base hangs out was starting to pique my interest.

Thank for the link to vid.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Blizzard: PLEASE COME BACK INACTIVE ACCOUNTS!!! PLEASE!!! WE NEED YOUR CASH!!!
    FolmenNordicApache
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    This isn't really anything new, if anything its inferior to what they used to do since MoP which was 7-days free game time to inactive accounts.
    [Deleted User]FolmenThaharHariken
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I got the 3 day free option but I have a lot of alts already and can't think of a new class to play. Plus with the holidays coming up I'm sure there will be sales.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2018
    The problem with 8.1 is that it just adds stuff that should've been on release. On top of that, the new raid tier wont start until 1-2 months after the patch, so all these 'ways of getting gear' that they are adding are just catch ups. I say this even though they've been always doing this mainly because there's a lot of threads creeping up on the official forums wondering why the new raid tier ilvl will be so 'high' and eclipse most of Uldir's 'progression.' Its like....welcome to wow? What they should do with warfronts if they were going to scale the rewards up (which they mostlikely will) is only scale the items up by 15 ilvls instead of 30, making M0 pretty much useless for the average player who only cares about ilvl and not stats.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Torval said:
    Albatroes said:
    This isn't really anything new, if anything its inferior to what they used to do since MoP which was 7-days free game time to inactive accounts.
    I got the 3 day free option but I have a lot of alts already and can't think of a new class to play. Plus with the holidays coming up I'm sure there will be sales.
    They've given me entire months before. One before MoP and one before WoD. Legion gave me 7 days. 3 day... wtf are you supposed to do in an MMO, you've not been playing, in 3 days? Fix the inventory/storage nightmare you left yourself with? Or try to remember all your skill combos?

This team has been on the disappointment treadmill. They need to get off of it and just start making good games again.
    I agree as before it was always 7 days.  Plus if you had a long time inactive account you could always call them and just ask for a free week which they usually would do.  Three days does seem unusual but they've been doing unusual things lately.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• metarealmetareal Member UncommonPosts: 32
    At this point I just wish Blizzard removed all mobs and just let me visit the art. Couldn't pass over lvl 112 this time. Can't stand this kind of mono-neuron "combat" in 2018.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2018
    I've enjoyed this expansion (and legion as well) so much more than the previous expansions that i purchased the 6 month subscription deal they have going on.

This is coming from someone who doesn't subscribe for more than 1 month a year to any sub-only mmo.

There is plenty of room for improvement, just like every previous expansion and every other game.

Youtubers causing drama to gain more views don't affect my enjoyment of a game. Only a few have done genuine criticism of BFA. I mention youtubers because a lot of people seem to be influenced by many of those.

EDIT: as for the 3 free day trial, common practice. Everyone is doing this type of promotions in online gaming.
    [Deleted User]

• SullieLoreSullieLore Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Hmm. That is not exactly what I thought it was when I checked my email. I think I'll give this 'trial' a miss. I might pick up the full game and a month sub when it's cheap though, just for the story.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited October 2018
    SBFord said:
    Select Inactive World of Warcraft Accounts Are Invited to a 3-Day Battle for Azeroth Trial - MMORPG.com

If you have an inactive World of Warcraft account and you don't already own Battle for Azeroth, you may want to check your BattleNet launcher to see if you've been selected for a special 3-day trial of the latest expansion. Players will run through a tutorial after choosing a class to play and having it "boosted" to 110. After that, players can try out the Fight for Lordaeron, obtain the Heart of Azeroth necklace and progress through the game.

Read the full story here

That is inaccurate.  The 3 day trials are also being offered to people with active Wow accounts that do not have the expansion as I got one.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I would not be back to WoW even if they gave me free sub for life and all expansions free.

No, WoW. Our affair ended a while ago.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Ppiper said:

I have it, as well. Just no interest in playing it.

With all the money they make and they only offer up 3 days. That's not even worth the time to download the game. They could have straight up offered a month and not lose anything. Three days is a joke to most people.
    Octagon7711
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    I'm not the chosen one. All I want is to be the bringer of apocalypse.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Would take me 3 days just to get my bearings. At least they offered something, I guess.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/