Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 makes $500 million in opening weekend

2»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,960
    edited June 2020
    Wizardry said:
    That's ok to bring back old chit chatter,i rather talk about legit AAA games than most of the crap i see coming through the turnstiles.

Is there any difference?Well i guess the biggest difference i felt playing COD games was between Treyarch and Infinity Ward.I prefer Infinity Wards designs but i am not going to say Treyarch is bad or anything.

If i could put it into perspective...
    I played weeks of COD games because i was bored with all the crap that came out.I followed another series for years but never broke down to buy it because,well i don't trust reviews at all.That was the Metro series,so i set out to play that series and started with Redux.

I was all hyped,ready for what i THOUGHT was quality similar to the COD series and became disappointed more and more as i played.Eventually i put the game to rest and have no inkling to play it again.Sooooo i go back and start playing the Treyarch games,the Black ops series and i had a sigh of relief,i was like ok back to quality gaming,i am going to enjoy myself playing these games again.

My point is that there is a VERY large separation in quality of games hitting the market,some actually deserve a 9/10 while others should be way down,like a 5 or 6/10 at best.
    One more perspective.....Destiny 2,a rather large popular expensive game.I lasted one hour and was AGAIN disappointed.So why this point?

Point is don't worry if the Black Ops games feel similar,they are GOOD quality games,do yourself a favor and spend money on quality and enjoy some good gaming.
    Ok i lied one more perspective...If there were two games left on planet Earth,a COD game or ANY Arpg,COD was selling for $500 and the ARPG was $5,guess what game i would choose?

Agree but I am a fan of CoD and Metro, I think maybe you are mistaking difference in playstyle for quality there. The fact is as the Metro series went on it drew closer to CoD in playstyle, but that's the history of gaming, only one template is "the best". Which means we see less and less diversity in all gaming genres not just MMOs and there is nothing which makes a form of entertainment become boring more quickly than that.