Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play Two Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansions for Free Through November 1st - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• VulgeinVulgein Member CommonPosts: 3
    So this code works till nov 1 but is invalid
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    edited October 2018
    Am I the only one who read the date? it says from November 1st so of course code will be invalid til then, at least that's what I'm assuming.
    itchmon

imageimage

edited October 2018
    " Now through November 1, 2018 at 11:59PM " so im pressuming now as in today P.S. "November 1, 2018 at 11:59PM PDT / November 2, 2018 at 6:59AM GMT" is the same day btw
  • friendlyfire2018friendlyfire2018 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    too many free games out there to bother with this drivel.
    alkarionlog
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    kind of a useless promotion really.. all you need is a 1 month sub to unlock all of the expansions.

if you're that on the fence once you've cleared all of the vanilla content i'm just gonna go ahead and say that this game is probably not for you.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    SWTOR simply priced themselves out of reach over the last couple of years. A shame too since, imho, it has some of the best, still, story lines offered for characters. Weren't these two the 1st expansions for SWTOR? The code probably isn't working because that effort would've subtracted time away from someone making another pay-shop item.
    $14.99 to get everything is expensive?  
    I meant in-game items even without all the gambling/randomness, whereas you're, what, stating the subscription monthly price if one so chooses?
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    SWTOR simply priced themselves out of reach over the last couple of years. A shame too since, imho, it has some of the best, still, story lines offered for characters. Weren't these two the 1st expansions for SWTOR? The code probably isn't working because that effort would've subtracted time away from someone making another pay-shop item.
    I meant in-game items even without all the gambling/randomness, whereas you're, what, stating the subscription monthly price if one so chooses?
    actually for this game even if was f2p it was too much
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Rather weird you would waste time on something you dont like that much.  

Oh you are desperate to get those upvotes and likes for crying about a video game you dont play...got it
    Keldor837alkarionlog
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

Oh you are desperate to get those upvotes and likes for crying about a video game you dont play...got it

You're wasting your time here white-knighting for a nearly dead game. Anyway...

Before you spout more nonsense about how it's still a successful game and that's why they're still making content and keeping the game running...

They are required by their licensing agreement with Disney to keep making new content every couple years to maintain the license. They are doing this despite the game being nearly dead only to maintain the rights to the Old Republic setting. EA/Bioware are the ONLY people that were allowed to keep a star wars properties license that's not directly Disney cannon (in fact old republic was made completely non-cannon and doesn't exist to Disney). With the ownership of this license, they are free to re-launch or make a sequel to the game with complete narrative control which is unprecedented for a Star Wars game and any license from Disney. Which it is believed that they intend to make a new game of some sort to replace SWTOR in the future. Right now, Bioware is focused on Anthem and they're in the planning stages for the new Dragon Age title. So they'll keep SWTOR on life support until such a time as they deem it financially viable to invest in re-launching or making a sequel to SWTOR. So you continue to enjoy your life-support game with the broken graphics engine. I'll be enjoying other games that don't need me to defend them. While waiting for them to eventually do something new with the Old Republic license.
    alkarionlog
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Without meddling into the quality debate above, a quick notion to the actual topic:

any of you with the "Invalid code" was maybe a subscriber before, even just for a month? Because for a while now subbing unlocks the old expansions on the account, maybe that's the issue behind their "high quality" :wink: redemption process, that it can't process if either of those packs are already there. Can't say for sure, just a hunch.

I dug up my old f2p account which I used as a comparison after the f2p change, and I could use the code on that successfully. Or half-successfully, it only unlocked the Hutt cartel but not Revan. (Not that it matters, I won't play that account anyways, especially not in these weeks)
    its workin now
  • ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    edited October 2018
    Keldor837 said:

You're wasting your time here white-knighting for a nearly dead game. Anyway...

Before you spout more nonsense about how it's still a successful game and that's why they're still making content and keeping the game running...

They are required by their licensing agreement with Disney to keep making new content every couple years to maintain the license. They are doing this despite the game being nearly dead only to maintain the rights to the Old Republic setting. EA/Bioware are the ONLY people that were allowed to keep a star wars properties license that's not directly Disney cannon (in fact old republic was made completely non-cannon and doesn't exist to Disney). With the ownership of this license, they are free to re-launch or make a sequel to the game with complete narrative control which is unprecedented for a Star Wars game and any license from Disney. Which it is believed that they intend to make a new game of some sort to replace SWTOR in the future. Right now, Bioware is focused on Anthem and they're in the planning stages for the new Dragon Age title. So they'll keep SWTOR on life support until such a time as they deem it financially viable to invest in re-launching or making a sequel to SWTOR. So you continue to enjoy your life-support game with the broken graphics engine. I'll be enjoying other games that don't need me to defend them. While waiting for them to eventually do something new with the Old Republic license.
    Will you enjoy other games?  Or will you run to some random site spewing your copy/paste tears about a video game you dont play because you are so desperate to feel included?   I'm guessing the latter. If you are not happy in life nobody can be I guess right?   Well champ that's not how the world works.  

Life support to these criers equals the folllowing:

Update 5.10 coming in December starting a new story arc

The next expansion 6.0 coming in 2019

Yeah the only thing on life support are people  like you who have been crying about a video game they dont play for seven years now. Like I told the others who are desperate to feel included, it's time to move on champ swtor is not going anywhere deal with it.  

Btw I'm not defending anyone I'm just stating the facts.  Deal with it.  You have a few more years to cry about a video game you don't play.  Enjoy! 
    Post edited by Itstimetodeal on
    alkarionlog
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

When will that game shutter I wonder. It can't be going well.

It can and is. 5.10 in December starts the new story that will bring a brand new Xpac in early 2019. You have a few more years to add to your seven already asking when it will close.
    Heh, I thought, 7 years?!?! Where did that come from. I thought you might have actually loked through my whole post history and found the first time I said somethign like that.

Nope.
    That's how old the game is, I played it for a good 3 or 4 years I'm sure, so you are just talking out of something with a sphincter.

For a StarWars Game with a huge dev cost, it's not going well. I was going to say that every announcement post on this forum should come with a Care/Don't Care Vote. I'm sure most MMORPG gamers don't care about SWTOR anymore. Sure, you could say that about most MMORPGS, and that does make them equal, equally bad.