Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 platinum edition ($115) doesn't include the Fallout 76 game

DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 19,160
edited October 17 in General Gaming
At first I was like - no way, that's a mistake - but apparently not.

https://www.gamesradar.com/fallout-76-platinum-edition-has-everything-except-fallout-76/

https://www.altchar.com/games-news/578880/fallout-76s-platinum-edition-doesnt-come-with-the-game

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-76-platinum-edition-costs-dollar115-doesnt-include-fallout-76/

Fallout 76 Standard Edition ($60)
 Fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition ($80)
 Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition ($200)

Fallout 76 Platinum Edition ($115) - doesn't include the game.... 
Post edited by DMKano on
EmeraqViper482

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 19,160
    Apparently now they have added "guide" to the Platinum edition to differentiate it from the games (still seems too easy to confuse as there is no Standard Edition Guide etc...)

So it's the "Fallout 76 Platinum Edition Guide" - $115

Emeraq
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 5,262
    edited October 17
    Who gave them marketing advice? EA? Cause EA did that with like $150 edition of Battlefield 1 without the game...To add insult to that Battlefield 1 thing, I think they even included the game case....
    Post edited by Albatroes on
    blueturtle13
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,255
    "doesn't include the game" but you can spend on cash shop, right?
    NorseGod
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,215
    Emeraq

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 5,262
    WalkinGlennrojoArcueid
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 11,690
    Get in there and pay extra to show them how much you love them and then they'll love you right back... honestly, they will :)
    TorvalOctagon7711
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member RarePosts: 1,470
    edited October 17
    Carpetbagger 1: Hey, if we scam these people, will the internet find out?

Carpetbagger 2: Nah.
    Post edited by NorseGod on
    Come home, North Man.
  • WizardryWizardry Member EpicPosts: 14,715
    edited October 17
    Yeah but you get ONE player model,nobody will notice because it'll be covered in space suit.Imagine all the hard work that went into that one model.
    They will make a few million in sales,gamer's are addicted to just buying anything new and in the headlines.
    The young kids in the truck in the morning were all gung ho about Assassins creed 2 weeks ago,now not a single word or care because their minds are filled with tons of other advertising being that people today spend 24/7 on their cell phones.
    The generation of gamer's now is like they were churned out of a factory mold ,spend spend spend,don't know anything about game but must have game ,saw it on my cell phone.
    Post edited by Wizardry on

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,152
    Wizardry said:
    Yeah but you get ONE player model,nobody will notice because it'll be covered in space suit.Imagine all the hard work that went into that one model.
    They will make a few million in sales,gamer's are addicted to just buying anything new and in the headlines.
    The young kids in the truck in the morning were all gung ho about Assassins creed 2 weeks ago,now not a single word or care because their minds are filled with tons of other advertising being that people today spend 24/7 on their cell phones.
    The generation of gamer's now is like they were churned out of a factory mold ,spend spend spend,don't know anything about game but must have game ,saw it on my cell phone.
    That's why having too many choices is not necessarily a good thing and can dampen your pleasure no matter your choice.
    Octagon7711Kyleran
    Something wicked comes this way @Feb-2019
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,734
    edited October 17
    The naming of this product is either staggeringly inept or else deliberately misleading.

Calling anything an "Edition" implies that it is a variant of the original. If the original is not included, the word "edition" should be completely omitted.

It would be acceptable to call it "Fallout 76 Game Guide - Platinum Edition", because that makes it crystal clear that the product is a game guide, not a version of the game.
    Post edited by SpottyGekko on
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 4,005
    It was the retailers that fucked up the title, it was always clear it's a guide on the official site. It doesn't show up when you choose to preorder or anything like that. Not an issue.

Let's get over it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Also, I think it's ridiculous that guides are getting 'editions' these days.
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I don't understand why would they do that ?

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 17,872
    edited October 17
    Iselin said:
    Get in there and pay extra to show them how much you love them and then they'll love you right back... honestly, they will :)
    Sums up gaming culture in a nutshell.

Games Radar points out that this package doesn't launch until December 14th which makes it more of a loot crate than a game bundle. $115 for a loot crate. Zenimax leading the way to insanity. I thought Ubisoft was nuts charging $120 for the ultimate edition of AC:Odyssey when Spiderman is $80.

*toot toot* Looneyland Express on its way to Crazy Town
    Post edited by Torval on
    Octagon7711Iselin
    [REDACTED]
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,734
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:

Games Radar points out that this package doesn't launch until December 14th which makes it more of a loot crate than a game bundle. $115 for a loot crate. Zenimax leading the way to insanity. I thought Ubisoft was nuts charging $120 for the ultimate edition of AC:Odyssey when Spiderman is $80.

When people are throwing $10K at top-tier KS packages for games that don't even exist yet, these $120 CE's start look positively cheap, lol
    Octagon7711Gobstopper3DKyleran
  • thunderCthunderC Member EpicPosts: 1,943
    kitarad said:
    I don't understand why would they do that ?
    Bethesda

Gamers

NorseGod
    “Those who control the present, control the past and those who control the past control the future.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Torval said:
    Iselin said:

I'm just glad we get all of games much cheaper here in the UK. 
    Torval
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 30,088
    edited October 17
    Battle for Azeroth's Collector's Edition at 100+ bucks at least included a digital download code. Nothing surprising about this, tbh. Digital downloads are where it's at, baby. :D

But not including the game AT ALL is...stupid. :D

But as someone said above, when you consider how much money people throw away for digital goods that can disappear in an internet outage or server rollback, at least with this "special" edition, you have physical goods to remind you of where your hard-earned cash went. LOL!

Post edited by SBFord on
    TorvalScotGobstopper3D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    Battle for Azeroth's Collector's Edition at 100+ bucks at least included a digital download code. Nothing surprising about this. Digital downloads are where it's at, baby. :D But not including the game AT ALL is...stupid. :D

I purchased God of War something edition and it didn't have the game but just the soundtrack. I listened to it till morning in a burning rage that would make Kratos' appear like a Valentine's candle in comparison. The store clerk coincidentally experienced the worst day of his life the day after. 
    TillerSBFordAsm0deusOctagon7711Torval
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 6,517
    edited October 17
    DMKano said:
    Apparently now they have added "guide" to the Platinum edition to differentiate it from the games (still seems too easy to confuse as there is no Standard Edition Guide etc...)

So it's the "Fallout 76 Platinum Edition Guide" - $115

There's no goddamn way they are stupid enough to have unintentionally left off the most important part of the product name: that's it a guide and not the game itself.

A fucking trained monkey could've pointed that out to them.
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 948
    115.00 for a strategy guide? I've never paid more than 15.00 for a guide before, if it's paper copy is the ink made of silver, or gold? This is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard...
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Well if i go on Bethesda website they do call it Fallout 76 Platinum Edition Prima Guide and not edition. 

So it does show that it is the retailers that are marketing the item wrong and not the devs or marketing from Bethesda.
  • ScotScot Member EpicPosts: 9,485
    seafirex said:
    Well if i go on Bethesda website they do call it Fallout 76 Platinum Edition Prima Guide and not edition. 

So it does show that it is the retailers that are marketing the item wrong and not the devs or marketing from Bethesda.
    Why call it Platinum Edition? It should be Fallout 76 Prima Guide, you are not getting an edition of anything. So that's down to Bethesda marketing as far as I can see. 

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

edited October 17
    Scot said:
    seafirex said:

Why call it Platinum Edition? It should be Fallout 76 Prima Guide, you are not getting an edition of anything. So that's down to Bethesda marketing as far as I can see. 
    The standard edition for the Prima Guide will be available, it's just not up yet. They probably put this edition up so they have an idea how much of the swag they need to order from the manufacturers... and, of course, for some early money.

If you think that's going to be the only way to get the prima guide.. well.. it's kind of naive. 
    Post edited by TheDarkrayne on
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member RarePosts: 1,780
    Iselin said:
    well if you like to get fu***** that badly, I can think in a better way, and cheaper too
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.