Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to find the best gaming PC

TMcCTMcC Member Posts: 218

Im in the process of buying a new gaming pc and was wondering where to look online or wherever. I am willing to spend up to 1500, im not looking for a super power house pc...just the best i can get for that price, thanks.

Comments

• Fockewulf8Fockewulf8 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    1500?  hhrmm i would say dell? :X  or u could look at alienware or abs.  they have pcs for around 1550 or so image

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

this is the thing with delll.... THEY SUCK!

take a look at alienware which is WAY OVERPRICED

or you can look at ABS which.......it ok

but i suggest IBUYPOWER

their website is www.ibuypower.com

hold on, let me get u a link to a powerhouse under 1500

ok well heres one.. http://www.ibuypower.com/confirm/configurator-dream.htm

u configure it urself

they are really awesome pcs,,,,

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194
    http://www.go-l.com/desktops/machl38/features/index.htm

DiGiTyDarKMaN Lettin All The Sexy Ladies Know -

image T-I-Double-Ga-Errr Babyimage

• ShmeeShmee Member Posts: 321
    i suggest trying to find a place near where you live that sells wholesale parts, then build your own pc and get it damn cheap. I made myself a top of the line comp for $2000.

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I just went with Alienware for the first time a couple months back and it was a nice experience.  Friendly people, great computer, and a reasonable price for what I got.  I dont think I have ever had a computer that has run so smoothly before.

On the negative side it took them about a month from the time I ordered it until I got it so speed doesnt appear to be their thing.  image

ive had nothing but horrible luck with alienware.. i dont enjoy their service to much

You guys have ORDERED FORM ALIENWARE!?!?!?

....wish i had that kind of money....image

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724
    It actually wasnt all that expensive and I got one of their most powerful computers Murt.

wasnt all that expensive

meh

if 3k isnt all that expensive to you...

then HOOK ME UP SISTER!

lol i could REALLY go for an alienware machine.....image

lol

yea...

i dont even ahve 1k atm to buy a pc

not even 800image

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

You know what i always say build is always cheaper and best.

Fact is you can decide what type of RAM you want to use and from who,same with other specs.

Even online companies that custom build do not give you the option of the make.

Add to fact that a 1.5k computer has components not worth 800 dollars you are basically buying a 800 dollar computer if you calculate the parts.

They have staff to pay,guarantees ,warehouse space,office space,profit margins and so forth.

So building is far cheaper and better quality.

Concerning guarantee all components are guaranteed.Things like HDs and RAM from most manufacturers are  life time guarantees even.

yea....but you have no one to go to if something goes wrong...

Like what could go wrong?

It is clearly marked on motherboard what goes where.

If you are going to buy say a pentium 3ghz all you have to do is check websites or heck just ask the bloody vendor you want the pentium 4 from what motherboard can take it and he tells you.

It is marked what goes where and from my experience the only time something fails to work is a)something you bought was faulty.In that case you only have to return it back b)OS was not properly installed.well just redo it again LOL.

Since all parts have guarantee then you have nothing to worry about.

Even if it is 1 year down the line(most company build ones carry 1-3 years guarantee) you pull out the faulty part and sent it back for a new one.

Since stuff like RAM,motherboard and HD carry on its own life time guarranteees you have no problem there till you want to upgrade them.

Processors normally carry 3 years (which is same as extended warranties in many pre build system)

Graphics card carry normally 1 year so yes if that blows after a year you have to change that but considering the chances of that happening to begin with ,add to fact that you might be on a 1 yr warranty as it is with a pre build,add to fact that it is only 1 componenet,add to fact in a few months you would be thinking of upgrading anyhow,add to fact it still is a huge saving i can't imagine that been a huge problem.

If you are so worried about the graphics card having just 1 yr warranty buy from a maker that offers longer.But in 3 years i think most will want a new card anyhow.

Power supply same thing 1 year ,if it goes then heck with it even the heavy duty ones are less then 50 dollars.

Case cracks ah well ,just got to wonder where you were moving that computer to crack the casing and if you dropped it anyhow no company would apply the warranty for you anyhow.

Fan dies?I can tell you that my brother's first computer  was on an extended warranty(yeah he was a sucker lol) and the fan died after 2 years.He phoned them and 1 week later they still did not come and asked him to sent it back to them and wait 4 weeks to get it fixed LOL.

You know what we took it out and kept a new fan in for the amazing cost of about 20 dollars!!!

Alternatively go look for some small outlet and build it with them.They tend to be way cheaper and still offer guarantee.

If you were in UK would tell you who to go build with .They offer same warranty(yes the dude every evening from closing work goes to onsite repairs LOL),are cheaper,many are top geeks(which means he will only put something he knows will do well so he can go directly home at end of day unlike companies that calculate cost of item) and if you need help he actually answers the phone immediately!(gasp no holding the line !).

Chap i know hates to offer 5 yr extended warranty but has started.Simply because he knows in 5 years the computer will be obselete but sensing the "dummies" out there he has started charging extra for 5  warranties for those that want it!

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

My Maxtor HDD only has a one year warranty.  The CPU I'm getting has a 30 day warranty.  If you start building custom PCs,  you don't get all the fancy warranty features you would get if you bought a DELL (or something like that).

Once you open up a [DELL] and stick some more RAM into it,  you void the warranty,  not so with a custom built,  but once you overclock and the company (Lets say Newegg.com) notices you've done that,  you don't get a replacement CPU...

It's tough to get good parts and warranties without killing yourself.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

yea...i would

but im still not sure on setting the BIOS

i cann fully build a pc, dont get me wrong

...i just cant turn it onimage

First no DELL or alienware or any company will accept a faulty processor from overclocking it is highly not recommended espically if you don't have the cooling system or the natural cool environment.

So if you build your pc and slot in a processor and overclock it no one will take it back.If you buy from DELL and overclock it same thing.

As for guarantee if it so bothers someone about that loads of company over longer guarantees  it is a matter of shopping around.

My build had nothing under one year in it  and i was not even really shopping around based on guarantees.

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242
    Go to www.sharkey.com and check out their value gaming guide. You can easily build a damn fine machine yourself for $1500.

yea...

but u gotta set the bios....image

The bios on the two I built were pretty much all set on their own. I made very minor (and perhaps unnecessary) adjustments. No big deal.

yea..

but what if something is malfunctioning?

Another really great thing about building your own rig is that when you're ready to upgrade all your components are modular rather than soldered to the motherboard, and you know where they all are and how they fit and what you used so you can check out compatibility reports and everything.

You ain't gonna be able to do much of that with a PC from Gateway.

I haven't had any problems with anything malfunctioning, but I'm pretty confident that I can find the answers I'd need in the manuals or online. I also have one friend who's done it a few times and can answer some questions.

but many a times u cant get urber cases when building it urself....image

What's an uber case? Like a cool looking case? There's a helluva variety out there, and I'd rather put my extra cash on the inside of the box than the outside, wouldn't you?

Unless uber case means something entirely different?