Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online Russian Player Data Lost as Pearl Abyss Takes Over Publication - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Phry said:

If Gamenet is willing to hold players accounts for ransom in such a despicable manner, then i would seriously consider never having anything to do with any game they 'publish'. Pearl Abyss either pays the ransom, which by the sound of it is an unreasonable amount, or they take the hit and lose those accounts, the more i think about this the less i consider Pearl Abyss to be at fault, it sounds like Pearl Abyss got a bad deal from Gamenet in the first place and was exploited in their lack of experience with publishers.  :/

The story is likely a whole lot more complex than that.

GameNet had to make a localized version of BDO for their market. What did it cost them ? How much of that expense did they recoup before PA yanked their license ?

Why did PA decide to revoke the license in the first place ? Did PA get too greedy and ask too much for the license renewal ? Or were GameNet trying to bargain the price down too far ?

And lastly, why does PA give their publishers such weak contracts ?
    It's still a spite job that f**Ks the players who paid for their salaries for the past 3 years.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Kyleran said:
    Pesky said:
    Wow! This is why I don't give money to these game companies. None of them can be trusted.
    So you don't play games then, yet hang around gaming forums? 

Weird.
    To be fair, they only said they don't give money, they could still be one of their habitual freeloaders we all hear about.

cheyane said:
    Gamenet are the thugs here.

While this may be true, Pearl Abyss is also choosing not to be the Hero.

PA could do something to make this less painful to their player base, even if just giving away free Temp Accounts, that have Fast Track EXP built in, and a Token Pet and fancy fishing rod.. just to give the people in that region that want to play their game something more then a "Sucks to be you right now" attitude that PA and most Game Companies adopt when it comes to taking care of their players. No matter what level of thug GamerNet may be in this situation, keep in mind, PA si the one that has chosen to let the players in that region have no alternative then buying a new account and starting over again with nothing.

[Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.