Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Team - 'Players Didn't Share the View That EA was a Time for Development'

Comments

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember EpicPosts: 2,529
    If they had wanted players to go into this treating it like a time for development, they could've selected testers from a sign-up pool.

Nobody (or almost nobody) buys into an Early Access title to try and test it for the devs.  I have a hard time believing Neowiz didn't know this before releasing it into EA.
    I agree. There's vast difference between an alpha-access to a crowdfunding campaign you've backed and Steam's early-access. I'm in a hurry so if someone disagrees do tell, I'll get back to you later! :)
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • samvenicesamvenice BarcelonaMember UncommonPosts: 101

jahlon said:

Despite the "mismatch in expectations" between developers and the community, Neowiz feels that EA was a success and that the new combat system has been well-received.

Number of players playing 4 mins ago: 583

Number of players for the 24 hour peak: 614

All-time peak: 34,288

Yup, EA was a success.

As a cash grab, It was successful:
    they got tens of thousands of suckers buying their overpriced packs, subs, pour more cash into the shop, and they had no need to re-invest in either development or infrastructure to support such user-base as they all left. Ferengis would be impressed XD
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong TUSTIN, CAMember UncommonPosts: 145
    It needed serious optimization. Everything they added was fluff and tried to sweep optimization under the rug. That said it had one of the most toxic communities Ive ever played with. You couldnt even mention one reason why you liked the game or else you'd be ripped apart.
  • timeraidertimeraider BredaMember UncommonPosts: 764

elveone said:

There is a huge difference between "time for development" and releasing a product that is unplayable due to missing features, bugs and poor optimization.

Nope, there is not. The last part is EXACTLY what you can expect from games in Early Acces. Games in Early Acces should range from pre-alpha to open beta and everything in between.
    It should NOT be a simple headstart...
    Want a new MMORPG in your life?
    Try taking a look at Ashes of Creation
    Warning! Referallink!
  • ceratop001ceratop001 canyon lake, CAMember RarePosts: 1,568
    Honestly a lot of these companies have too many young people making decisions. A lot of these kids have no business making decisions. Just a total lack of experience combined with age. All makes sense to me if you look at it logically.

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,741
    Torval said:
    They should have focused and launched on consoles first. I think that's where MMOs will find a home in the future.
    Or cell phones.
    Nilden

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,741

elveone said:

There is a huge difference between "time for development" and releasing a product that is unplayable due to missing features, bugs and poor optimization.

Nope, there is not. The last part is EXACTLY what you can expect from games in Early Acces. Games in Early Acces should range from pre-alpha to open beta and everything in between.
    It should NOT be a simple headstart...
    What they should not be is craptastic titles which failed in recent previous launches.

Build a complete and well functioning game and release it. Don't charge people to test your shit.

If your firm is 2 guys in a garage, sure, go the early access route, but don't even try if you are already out on the open market, just don't. 

Unless you enjoy withering criticism for being greedy f--ks.

Still Saturday.

;)

MadFrenchieOG_Zorvan

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Neowiz feels that EA was a success
    mmh... pfff.. mwouhahaha!
  • IselinIselin Vancouver, BCMember LegendaryPosts: 12,006
    Do a proper unpaid beta instead of this paid EA crap and the whine might be justified. Otherwise STFU and sleep in the bed you made.
    KyleranThaharDakeruPhryOG_Zorvan
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • Mars_OrbitalMars_Orbital Member UncommonPosts: 301
    I can easily see 1.5 mil free to players.
    Kyleran
    "Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 5,602
    edited October 2018
    hyllyh said:
    Neowiz feels that EA was a success
    mmh... pfff.. mwouhahaha!
    Honestly, it was since they had 30k+ suckers buy a game that was launched as free 3 times. They next to nothing on development because 80% of the promised 'features' were missing, such as action combat for every class later to find out 'in development' on 'launch.' Couple that with just slow rolling out content for the game that has been out for 2+ years in other versions, I'd call that pretty successful financially for the company. I wont fault them for making money off of retards.
    Post edited by Albatroes on
    Kyleran
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 20,165
    For a Korean import, usually you expect that the base game is essentially done and you just have to worry about localization.  Apparently that wasn't there plan here.  Are they trying to release simultaneously worldwide?
    Scot
  • ElderknightElderknight Slc, UTMember UncommonPosts: 281
    Riannes said:
    Next time release the game first and let us pay later. Hey my credit card is in development.

Hehe, love this, great idea :smiley:
    Kyleran
  • ElderknightElderknight Slc, UTMember UncommonPosts: 281
    game sucked, no other way to put it, unfinished piece of POO
    Kyleran
  • celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Sounds like Neowiz is taking a play from EA's public relations book "when creating a terrible and/or underwhelming product always blame the consumer & never by any means take any responsibility"
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairMember EpicPosts: 8,579
    Remember when Alpha and Beta were still part of the development stage and not the release stage?

Yeah, there was a reason for that.
    ScotPhryKyleran
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade KingsmouthMember EpicPosts: 4,561

vodkaa said:

As someone who stayed on this sinking ship till the water was up to my neck before i paddled away to other things. The whole issue with neowiz was lack of communication, there was no seeing eye to eye when they would release what they want, when they want, providing no assurance to actual player feed back. Wether you liked the game or not, those of us who did, suffered at the hands of neowiz who tossed out beginner level pr to try and keep us with false hope. This whole article is a LOL.

Yep, zero communication.
    There are very few companies I've seen talk THAT little to their player base.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ScotScot UKMember EpicPosts: 10,082
    Think about how this makes MMOs look as a genre, it erodes trust that cannot me good for MMORPG's or gaming in general.

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• jonp200jonp200 Veazie, MEMember UncommonPosts: 408
    edited October 2018

elveone said:

...that failed previously in other markets... Hello? McFly?  You know, doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result.  Yes, I know they changed the game but stability and lack of communication was what did them in previously.
    Post edited by jonp200 on

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• Mars_OrbitalMars_Orbital Member UncommonPosts: 301
    I see a lot people not comprehending "Early Access" . I personally never read at all that the game was "released or finished ? Maybe someone can point me to that article ?
    Kyleran
    "Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time or another,and I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned" - William Munny / Unforgiven .
  • lahnmirlahnmir UtrechtMember EpicPosts: 2,051
    I see a lot people not comprehending "Early Access" . I personally never read at all that the game was "released or finished ? Maybe someone can point me to that article ?
    It released in other countries so the public didn't accept the EA tag, it still was though, absolutely no one was deceived.

Bless, popular to hate. Personally I find a lot of titles much worse: Blade and Soul, Revelation Online, Riders of Icarus. Just to name a few.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    blueturtle13
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 15,365
    edited October 2018
    A lot of people also don't understand the TRUE meaning of EA.These people are called naive,easy targets for businesses.

I can sell it out for those less informed or not paying attention to the overall market....
    Why would a developer ever claim their game is finished if it is a pile of crap?If you are taking MONEY>>$$$ from consumers,your product had better darn well be fit for consumption.

Matter of FACT,that is the LAW as you cannot knowingly sell an unfit product to a consumer.So how to avoid the law and refunds just claim not finished,use at own risk...EXPLOITING people and bending the law.
    I can assume however that a person can just claim they were mislead by he developer and demand a refund anyhow.Problem is when you enter a scummy operation like Steam who claims if you spend 2 hours in a game,you MUST like it OR accept it even though you might not have seen anything in that 2 hours.
    Point..it seems the new age of business operations is to DECEIVE and scam consumers,way more prevalent now than say 20 years ago.

Post edited by Wizardry on
    Ungood

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ShaighShaigh Member RarePosts: 1,895
    MMORPG with no server resets is a released product. Slapping the early access tag doesn't change the fact that its released.

Given that development of an mmorpg never ends even though the game has been released means that an mmorpg never gets finished.
    Ungood
    The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Nashville, TNMember LegendaryPosts: 7,738
    Devs can say it as much as they want.  It's a good thing that consumers don't just mindlessly take developers at their words for these things and, instead, assess the situation for what it appears to be by the facts of the transaction.

Producers in this industry are manipulative enough without consumers blindly accepting everything they say at face value.

• PhryPhry OxfordshireMember EpicPosts: 10,312
    Shaigh said:
    MMORPG with no server resets is a released product. Slapping the early access tag doesn't change the fact that its released.

Given that development of an mmorpg never ends even though the game has been released means that an mmorpg never gets finished.
    Its been said before, but if your game costs money to buy, you can buy a subscription or there is a cash shop you can buy things from, then its a released game. What further nails it is that the game had already released in Korea, Japan and Russia, admittedly the game failed spectacularly each time and this is probably the last roll of the dice for Neowiz when it comes to Bless, the game is arguably in worse condition now than it was when it first released in Korea, reputedly there are fewer features now than there were when it was first released. :/