Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny 2: Forsaken to Include Warmind & Curse of Osiris Going Forward - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDestiny 2: Forsaken to Include Warmind & Curse of Osiris Going Forward - MMORPG.com

Bungie has done an about-face with Destiny 2: Forsaken. Up to now, players needed to have both the Warmind and Curse of Osiris expansions in order to play Forsaken that created a barrier of entry to players. However, in the latest This Week at Bungie, developers have admitted this was a mistake. Starting October 16, both expansion DLC will be included in a Forsaken purchase. In addition, those who bought Forsaken earlier will receive a "Veterans of the Hunt" bundle of goods.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Honestly I'd rather just get my money back for having to buy the DLC to play Forsaken.

I found out I had to after trying to apply it to my account and got a message saying it already was on my account. A few support chats later and I'm told it's because I didn't have the DLC. To which I replied what game ever required a DLC to have an expansion. To which she replied, I know it doesn't make sense. Not to say Osiris is bad but to require it was nonsense.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So it would seem I shouldn't buy expansions but wait for them during holiday sale months like I do with ESO. I take it this is to increase sales over the upcoming holidays like a lot of the games are doing now.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I still won't be buying anything Destiny 2 because of the annual pass. That shit should not be supported.
    Octagon7711
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Aeander said:
    I still won't be buying anything Destiny 2 because of the annual pass. That shit should not be supported.
    You can do without it completely, I do.  Destiny 2 is a great game compared to the original but riddled with stupid marketing choices.  Don't let that stop you, just don't buy into the pass.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Hashbrick said:
    Aeander said:
    You can do without it completely, I do.  Destiny 2 is a great game compared to the original but riddled with stupid marketing choices.  Don't let that stop you, just don't buy into the pass.
    That's not how that shit works. If game has "x" bad business practice, buying everything but x does not discourage the future use of x in that game or any others. The only way to stop x is to not monetarily support the game that contains x, thus actually hurting their bottom line.
  • NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited October 2018

Aeander said:

Hashbrick said:

Aeander said:

That's not how that shit works. If game has "x" bad business practice, buying everything but x does not discourage the future use of x in that game or any others. The only way to stop x is to not monetarily support the game that contains x, thus actually hurting their bottom line.

I dunno...I think a more accurate metric for them would be X games sold and Y percentage DID NOT buy the annual pass. If you don't buy the game then your "vote" doesn't matter in dollars and cents.

I did not want to buy into destiny 2 based on their history of d1 and "marketing speak" for d2. I received d2 base free with psn membership and honestly after marathoning the game for several days I bought the whole thing and have zero regrets. They have improved things and to the point it was fun. I am even thinking about buying it on the xbone also as that is my preferred system.

Bottom line they have made many mistakes....so it is certainly understandable that people aren't willing to support them financially. But I would suggest people giving it a try on a free weekend or whatever to see for themselves.
    esc-joconnor