Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World: Exploring Windsward - Check Out This In-Game Footage - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
edited October 11 in Videos Discussion

imageNew World: Exploring Windsward - Check Out This In-Game Footage - MMORPG.com

Amazon has released a new in-game video that shows off exploration of Windsward, one of the early New World zones. As the character runs through the map, viewers are treated to a look at the environments and locations that are found in what appears to be a starter zone.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,548
    Nice and all, I am just curious, where on earth did they come up with the setting in 18th century America?
    esc-joconnor

• Whiteshade92Whiteshade92 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited October 11
    This is not a MMO it's one of many survival game. I don't think this article belongs to MMORPG.com.
    Don't offend Suzie It's just my opinion.
    Post edited by Whiteshade92 on
    Margravegastovski1bobbymcswansonLaviota
  • raapnaapraapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 424

This is not a MMO it one of many survival game. I don't think this article belongs to MMORPG.com.

I suggest you hold that opinion until it is closer to release and when there is more public information.

;)
    Laviotametareal
  • FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 248

This is not a MMO it one of many survival game. I don't think this article belongs to MMORPG.com.

MMO simply means Massively Multiplayer Online. With 10k players/server it clearly is an MMO.
    Laviotanatpick
  • ShinobeShinobe Member UncommonPosts: 57

Galadourn said:

Nice and all, I am just curious, where on earth did they come up with the setting in 18th century America?

Maybe because there is no game in that era?
    SBFord
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 19,021
    edited October 11
    RUN FORREST!!!!

Also it's probably just me - but watching that video on full screen was giving me motion sickness :/ Something about the FOV and the way the camera pans in the runthrough video is just very offputting.
    Post edited by DMKano on
    TorvalMisterZebubnatpickSillyDucks32
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,548
    Shinobe said:

Galadourn said:

Maybe there is a reason why there's no game in that era...i.e. sounds boring?
    gastovski1der_bayer36esc-joconnor

• NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 2,753
    Galadourn said:
    Shinobe said:

Galadourn said:

Maybe there is a reason why there's no game in that era...i.e. sounds boring?
    Because not everyone need lasers and dinossaurs to pay attention on something.

It makes sense a settlement game be based in certain historic period since the lack (or limitation) of technology helps in immersion.

Salem The Game is set on 1600 and works like a charm.
    Shinobetzervokillerqueerbigmilk

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.” ― Patrick RothfussThe Wise Man's Fear

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 19,021
    Nyctelios said:
    Because not everyone need lasers and dinossaurs to pay attention on something.

Dinosaurs with fricking laser beams.... sounds amazing!

ShinobeAlbatroestzervoBrunlin
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,397
    Looks ok.. unfortunate that there was no flora movement when running through tall grass. theHunter does that very well so hopefully Amazon with a far bigger budget can get around to doing the little things that bring the game together.
    Brunlin

• lahnmirlahnmir Member EpicPosts: 1,701
    This is not a MMO it's one of many survival game. I don't think this article belongs to MMORPG.com.
    I do think it is safe to say that when Survival games grow in scope and population (500 plus players in one world) they are the next step in the MMO evolution, I've said so before. New World is a step in that direction.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Torvalmetareal
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 2,819
    Does this mean the NDA is lifted?
    • If a game has non-blondes with freckles, it's political
    • If a game has a female lead, it's political
    • If a game has non-white people, it's political
    • If a game has non-heterosexual people in it, it's political
    • If a game tries to avoid having underage objectification in it, it's political
    • If a game attempts to curb hate speech and toxicity, it's political
    • If a game removes crying FROG or confederate imagery, it's f#$%ing political

There's always going to be some slack jawed yokel peon who takes stuff like this as a shot at THEIR liberty and freedom, and that's what is hilarious.

Working hard to live, and working hard to respectfully EXIST are not the same.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,285

Following actual trend I think,they ll 'sold it as an MMORPG but at end as final product it have to be ;MP-co-op survival,action,shooter ... whatever ...

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

• TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember RarePosts: 3,118
    I'm going to punch a buffalo in the face.
    NycteliosTorvalrkipRueTheWhirl
    I used to role-play a Warrior Priest now I role-play a writer.
  • KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 210

Does this mean the NDA is lifted?

No, its an official video.
    Nyctelios
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 8,630
    Can somebody get this guy a mount?
    FacelessSaviorTorvalinfomatz
    Xbox One X
    Samsung MU6300 4K HDR Ultra HD
    Sony HT-CT80 Soundbar

Do we know that for sure? Like has Amazon confirmed it? I haven't followed it myself.

Even if it is, I'd think a server with 10,000 players makes it a MMORPG.
    OG_ZorvanNyctelios
  • KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 543
    The setting is reminiscence of 18th century America, but I promise you it isn't set in colonial america and its not trying to stay historical.
    Galadourn

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 260
    another one...

l2p

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member RarePosts: 1,200
    TimEisen said:

Do we know that for sure? Like has Amazon confirmed it? I haven't followed it myself.

ROFL You show me this server with 10,000 people on it and then we'll talk.

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• anxelesaxeanxelesaxe Member UncommonPosts: 11
    The problem here is that most people got into MMOs after wow came out, so they think that MMO = theme park. This is looking interesting to me, as someone who started on UO and AC. I'd be down for a AAA budget game with an old UO feel. It's been a long time.
    FacelessSaviormetareal

OG_Zorvan said:

TimEisen said:

ROFL You show me this server with 10,000 people on it and then we'll talk.

Well, EVE does it and its old af. I assume a modern company with a fraction of the power of Amazon could do better. Even looking at some of the new tech Camelot Unchained has spoken about where elements within a server can be a server makes me think between the two, CU and EVE, 10k is possible. 10k in one place at the same time no, but 10k spread our over several linked continents each being their own server within a server? Maybe? I'm the last person to actually know wtf I'm talking about with this stuff so I'm just grasping at my barstool dev strings here.
    Nyctelios
  • RedsaltRedsalt Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I have been looking to try out a survival game, and this one looks the most interesting to me. I love the setting for this one.
    metareal

Redsalt... the other salt.

• bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 87

Be silent fool
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 87

The problem here is that most people got into MMOs after wow came out, so they think that MMO = theme park. This is looking interesting to me, as someone who started on UO and AC. I'd be down for a AAA budget game with an old UO feel. It's been a long time.

Thank you...some of these clowns don't know what an mmo even is...mmo doesn't= shitty carebear game.......like many of you seem to think....any time a game has PvP and eating these people lose their shit.....
    rkip