Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big Names Headline New Squadron 42 Trailer - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Nilden said:
    Like that time I remember you saying, "You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." OOH the MEMORIES!
    Well with the 3.3 branch now into testing, the saying will be more "Remember when you couldn't earn ships with in-game money?" Oh the memories! :p 
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    MaxBacon said:
    Nilden said:
    Like that time I remember you saying, "You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." OOH the MEMORIES!
    Well with the 3.3 branch now into testing, the saying will be more "Remember when you couldn't earn ships with in-game money?" Oh the memories! :p 
    You mean back when people just bought them for RL cash? Proving you lie like a rug.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

Nilden said:
    MaxBacon said:
    Nilden said:
    You mean back when people just bought them for RL cash? Proving you lie like a rug.
    No, just that you guys manipulate context into cheap arguments like you just did. When I am saying you can't buy ships for RL money, as it is right now on the pledge store, is the actual announced revenue model of the game. That model is the currency microtransaction.

Context sir, your natural enemy :p 
    Here's the entire thread, I'll just let people make up their own minds with the entire context.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "now or awesome"..
    Hmm so what was the original pitch Robert's was selling people...not so awesome,mildly awesome,somewhat awesome,best there was or ever could be...sigh.
    [Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Nilden said:
    Here's the entire thread, I'll just let people make up their own minds with the entire context.
    Good, I had already explained there several times what I talk about, the actual announced game model not the present that is not the released game neither the model, it would be obvious to understand but some people here are nitpicky enough ofc.  ;)

Anyway my face is tired

Wizardry said:
    "now or awesome"..
    Hmm so what was the original pitch Robert's was selling people...not so awesome,mildly awesome,somewhat awesome,best there was or ever could be...sigh.
    Well considering now was supposed to be how many years ago? Kinda sad it isn't at the awesome stage yet or even close by the sounds of it. Maybe another five years and 100 million more will do it.

MaxBacon said:
    Nilden said:
    Good, I had already explained there several times what I talk about, the actual announced game model not the present that is not the released game neither the model, it would be obvious to understand but some people here are nitpicky enough ofc.  ;)

Anyway my face is tired

Didn't know you were in Star Citizen. Grats!

Nilden said:
    Didn't know you were in Star Citizen. Grats!
    You can bee too! Just turn on the webcam and make faces o/
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited October 2018
    Nilden said:
    Babuinix said:
    The same old Yada Yada Yada with armchair dev's criticizing about stuff they have no clue lol
    That was boring back in 2015 and no haters and critics are not worth of the time of long and detailed posts explaining why they are wrong lol

It's all been said over and over and it's pointless to go over it again and again every time a troll or cynic feels the need to express "their" emotional distresses with the usual hyperbolic ignorant accusations or "theories".

The game is in development, backers share content, news, patch updates, gameplay etc

haters keep hating because that's all they got left lol
    Cultists keep culting because that's all they got.
    Yeah just pretend all the backers following it's development and playtesting the alpha since 2013 don't exist lol

Seeing haters & cynics falling flat on their faces year after year is just cherry on top tbh B)
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917

MaxBacon said:

I had no idea Henry Cavill (that actor that been doing superman) was part of SQ42 too, just posted about it:

"And answer the call I did! It was a genuine pleasure and a real privilege to be a part of this unfolding saga and to have the opportunity to play Ryan Enright. I cannot wait to get my hands on this game! But wait, there is more....the link to the full trailer is in my bio."

When I saw his face I about creamed myself! WOOF!
    [Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2018
    All this really did was confirm to me that SQ42 will actually release at some point. Is that really a success if that's the only thing that comes out of all of this investment? I guess that depends on how it does when it actually comes out. As for the rest of Star Citizen, I'll still remain cynical on that. Its not as easy going from one project to another even if they are similar. The best bet is that they launch this first to gain more funding for Star Citizen. I can guarantee you they wont be launched together though. But who knows, maybe they can get Ben Affleck in there too since he's a free agent as well.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

I don't see this game releasing anytime soon. About a month ago they had a free weekend so I jumped in. I couldn't even get to the ship because the performance was horrible.

This is close to mandatory to install on an SSD. You need a 4 cores and capable GPU. My rig is I5 + GTX780 and I get 25/30 fps in 3.2. patch 3.3 is going to bring massive fps improvment.