Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New concept survival game with PVP / Coop / Multiplayer and even single player mode.

PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267
edited October 2018 in PC Gaming
Hey guys, 

A good friend of mine is bringing his game Road to Eden to Early Access on Steam very soon, there are a ton of new ideas and mechanics that he has come up with to make this game stand out of the crowd with some concepts in survival gaming as well as multi player and coop. 

The game does work in single player as well so there are so many ways to enjoy this game. Please have a look, even if you don't end up following the game, help him by passing along the information to your friends that may like the survival kind of games.

The game will have a brand new look at how PVP works in the survival / multiplayer / coop arena. More details about the PVP part of the game will be introduced sooner than later. Stay tuned !!

Story

Road to Eden is an open world survival RPG adventure that sees you scavenging, crafting and fighting for your life in a world that’s been devastated by an alien invasion.

​Earth is invaded by unknown beings, ninety percent of the population vanished without a trace, and now humanity’s last hope is Project Eden, a base of operation where the remaining survivors are fighting back. You wake up at the side of the road with no memory and must team up with other survivors to make the long and dangerous journey to Eden.

https://www.roadtoedengame.com/

Here is the link to the steam store page

https://store.steampowered.com/app/929060/Road_to_Eden/

And crowdfunding can be found here... thank you again for having a look and helping him bring this dream further along!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/road-to-eden#/

And some actual game play footage here

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Road%20to%20Eden/videos/all

Post edited by Prayr on
Ungood

Comments

• BellomoBellomo Member UncommonPosts: 184
    The games looks good wish there was pvp.
  • PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Bellomo said:
    The games looks good wish there was pvp.
    There is.... sorry, I will put that into the information

Live stream starting in a few 

https://www.twitch.tv/prayr_

edited October 2018
    Thank you everyone that came out to watch the stream last night. There will be another live stream on Friday night.

There should be a patch coming out today sometime and the stream on Friday, the update will be a highlight of the stream as well as some live game play.

Planned stream time is 18:00 CST to start and will run for 6 or 7 hours usually. Come have a look at the game, ask the players questions, as well as the developer will be available to answer questions during the stream.

Hope to see you guys there.... 

Going live with EP 5 Searching for the keys.... in about 15 minutes. Come ask some questions, see actual game play footage, visit with the developer.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Where is the link to a summary of the new concepts?

Not really seeing any.

[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Where is the link to a summary of the new concepts?

Not really seeing any.

Have a look at the website: Lots of info about the game and ideas behind it... watch some streams... we talk about why its different and you can see the difference also.

http://www.roadtoedengame.com/

We don't need any more of these no dev team/low budget survival games, they almost all cash in and end development. 
    Thank you for the feedback, I will pass that along.

Live stream up right now, come have a look at some game play footage and ask questions...

https://www.twitch.tv/chozwozza

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited October 2018
    To be clear.....rarely will I ever watch a video and God forbid, someone else streaming a video game, just won't happen. 

I visited the web site, nothing "in print" jumped out at me as very innovative,  hence why I asked you for more info here.

Many people don't process information well in video form, perhaps a generational thing.

If your friend wishes to "sell us" he would do well to market and inform the way we best respond to.

Or...he can market to only milineals....and expect "some" resistance from the folks on this site at least.

Cheers. 

It's still Saturday.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    To be clear.....rarely will I ever watch a video and God forbid, someone else streaming a video game, just won't happen. 

I visited the web site, nothing "in print" jumped out at me as very innovative,  hence why I asked you for more info here.

Many people don't process information well in video form, perhaps a generational thing.

If your friend wishes to "sell us" he would do well to market and inform the way we best respond to.

Or...he can market to only milineals....and expect "some" resistance from the folks on this site at least.

Cheers. 

It's still Saturday.

;)
    I understand completely what you are talking about.

I can assure you I am not a millineal, and that is not our market specifically. The game will be for many types of players, and of any age group, old school gamer or the new up and coming generation. 

I will be putting together a run down of the features of the game and highlighting the differences that set this game apart from other current survival type games.

Thank you for the feedback!

edited October 2018
    here are the notes for version 2.4a 

fixed Infected foot steps staying after death
    fixed nails and screws weight
    fixed text not wrapping in window in info page
    fixed picking up workstations with hammer
    fixed placement of cobblestone ramp no longer blocked
    fixed being stuck in bedroll on respawn
    fixed wood axe weight
    removed physics from blocks / needing more testing
    metal tools should now have higher durability
    created corner cobblestone window
    game host bypasses ownership on blocks and can pick up
    reversed ramps
    removed weather effect from all players when storm is gone
    boiling water now stops when fuel in campfire is gone
    xbow no longer shoots player when fired in crouched position
    xbow bolt now travels are normal speed
    bandits now have a chance to drop ammo and weapons
    changed wicker icon

edited October 2018

From the https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/road-to-eden/x/19575138#/  page, a lot more information about the game, there are still some information I will continue to put in this thread as the details of the game mechanic are made available and tested and in the game.

Such as perception, your character has perception, so if you enter a room, look around and see some random loot on the ground, pick it all up, search the containers in the room, and the room appears to be empty, the longer you stay in that room the more items you 'might' notice. Items may appear to respawn, but that is not the case, you just happen to notice it since you have been in the area longer. Like going to friends house, being there for hours, then all the sudden you notice a picture of them on the wall shaking hands with someone famous. The picture has been there the whole time, you just didn't notice it right off. Perception will allow you to see things that maybe you didn't notice the first time you searched the room.

Summary

Road to Eden has been in development for the past 14 months, we do this because we are passionate about creating the survival game we all want to play.

My name is Ronald Halabi, graduated 1991 with a computer science degree, and specialized in 3D graphics and Visual Effects.

I start Developing Road to Eden with the help of freelancers and was able to bring it to its current state, a playable alpha with almost all the features implemented. We are currently testing "Alpha 2.3" with overwhelming positive feedback.

Due to the number of features, I am implementing in Road to Eden and the nature of independent game development, It was imperative to find a way to accelerate the development by hiring more people.

Having the community backing Road to Eden Will not only accelerate the development process but will make it the survival game we all want to play. We will be able to hire full-time 3D artists and animators, a writer and an environmental artist. We will also be able to buy our own motion capture system to in-house record character and enemy motion for more fluent gameplay. Please refer to the roadmap for more information.

Game features

Road to Eden is played on Host/Client basis, when you start a game you essentially start a server where your friends can login and assist you with your story, so every time you start a game your story will unfold differently! 

The crafting in Road to Eden is based on learning recipes by finding books or broken objects from which you learn new recipes. All recipes require a number of items to be able to be crafted, once crafted, you can find the item in your inventory as well as gain experience which is part of the character skill system.

You can build using a wide variety of blocks, from large blocks to thin walls, fortifications, traps, furniture, windows, doors, fabricators, workstations and a lot more!
    Building your base in Road to Eden is one of many ways to survive the weather and the dangers that lurk at night

The world of Road to Eden has a variety of randomly generated dungeons, bunkers, sewers, caves with no loading screen, fight your way through the dungeons to gain experience, loot, find rare items, and get skill points.

The world of Road to Eden is populated with multiple factions, the infected are ordinary people infected with the blue substance brought by the visitors, they are everywhere and their sole mission is to infect you and other survivors. The rebels are bandits willing to kill on sight, they create anarchy and chaos in the land, the paramilitary are mercs, well armed and well trained, they won't hesitate to kill you on sight if you interfere with their operation. And finally the visitors, we have heard stories about them, no one knows why they came and no one survived an encounter with them.

While exploring the world of Road to Eden you will discover a multitude of locations from small villages to deep caves and crash sites, each location may hide a piece of the story. With each login, all lootable house furniture will randomly generate, making your scavenging visits different every time!

The world of Road to Eden is littered with secret areas where you can find rare loot, some areas are open, others require special items or keys, you can find these items by solving puzzles or quests

As you become part of Eden's effort against the visitors, you will receive missions ranging from clearing out infected from an area to acquiring rare items.

As you progress in Road to Eden you will encounter special random world events ranging from visitors landings sites to major paramilitary operations, it's up to you to decide if you engage, and how you engage if you decide to do so!

Patch notes for Alpha 2.5

Added Random blocks decay every time you load a game
    Added cobblestone door book and block
    Added Crafting now decays the required crafting tool in your inventory
    Added Cobblestone crafting now requires a hammer
    Added cobblestone ramps book
    Added cobblestone ramp corner block
    Added cobblestone ramp flat corner block
    Added 2560 x 1440 resolution to the graphics settings
    Fixed a few foliage glitches
    Fixed spawning into blocks on load game
    Fixed acquired skills now save
    Fixed Campfire continuing to craft after fuel has run out
    Fixed client player now take damage from spikes
    Fixed Workstations duplication glitch
    Fixed large spikes deal damage now
    Fixed apples fall from apple trees after it is chopped
    Fixed invisible pickups on client
    Changed player will not lose any skill points on death if he has only one
    Reduced auto-save frequency

New poll posted to see what the players want next more than others.. the developer is very active and trying to make something the players want.

Check it out, https://www.strawpoll.me/16653424

Comments from some of the current backers of the game;

Jeremy VanOrder3 days ago

Developer has put a lot of thought into this project and it shows. Game has bugs being alpha and all that, but plays well without crashing on my somewhat above average PC, even on higher settings. Any bugs found and reported are dealt with at a fairly fast rate, almost as fast as they are found, all while the developer is adding more in at the same time. It is a survival game that refuses to be like all the rest, but in a good way. Come join in, play, and watch and see what this becomes!

Matthew webb7 days ago

Been testing the alpha for a few days now I must say it’s been enjoyable so far. The dev is very active and welcomes feed back. Graphically it’s crisp for alpha. A lot of work is being done to make this game better with the help of backers input. Great survival game. Plus we get quests which I think makes it more interesting than the sandbox modes you normally get.

Amy Reynolds9 days ago

Hey guys! Just wanted to thank you for my key! Got mine in just a few minutes after paying via email! Looking forward to running and gunning in game with you all soon. <3

2.6a just went live a few hours ago. Here are the changes;

Tweaked the save game system
    Raised loot from hunted animals
    First pass debugging at removing Storm Fx when storm is gone
    Changed can not pickup world spawned benches
    Corrected sleeping bag open direction
    Raised stone spawn frequency
    Fixed skill point weight addition when backpack is equipped
    Fixed air drop hanging from trees
    Fixed Hotbar item amount indicator
    Fixed wicker roll item info display
    Fixed airdrop vanishing
    Added green smoke to air drop after landing
    Added loading screen
    Added Players can now stack ammo
    Added players can now unload ammo from weapons
    Added save on exit to main menu/exit game
    Added recycling of all cobblestone blocks
    Added paint brush
    Added Paint bucket
    Added craftable flag
    Added craftable flag book and recipe
    Added Cobblestone half-wall
    Added cobblestone floor

You might have issues with your old saved game, I recommend you start a new game

Some of the latest backers comments from the indiegogo page found in the OP:

Steve Jones4 days ago

Road to Eden definitely puts a new spin on survival/build games,its very immersive and unlike games in the survival genre RTE gives quests to follow along with its main story. Dev is on point in keeping up with updates and listening to the community with any problems that come along with a early access game! Been playing for a week now and love the game and very excited to see where the Road leads us.

Lyndi Jones4 days ago

Was so excited to play this when I saw it and it HAS NOT disappointed. Really well rounded survival/building game. Constant bug fixes and new content. And a great community. Dev is very involved and wants ideas for the game. Best running alpha game I’ve played. So excited to watch were this goes!!!

Henry Fourie6 days ago

I have been playing Road to Eden for about two weeks now and it’s been a great experience. The developer is constantly involved with the backers and community to improve what’s already there and to try out dome of the suggestions. His responsiveness and ability to deliver very quickly is what will definitely help this project be very successful. This survival game is a breath of fresh air and combines all the good elements from various games, and then adds it’s own flair. Great game!

New multiplayer patch coming probably tomorrow. 

Host / client sync is much better
    Game slots will be added for multiple games to be saved
    Client save for recipes, skill points and level corrected

There will be several streamers after the patch so you can search on YouTube or Twitch to find actual game play and talk to the testers and the developer. I will post again times for the patch and streams that will launch.

I just noticed there may not be an active link to discord...

Here it is https://discord.gg/q6qWwFN

Alpha 2.7a is up!

Added the credits section in the main menu
    Added tips to the loading screen
    Added air filter Added alternator
    Added alternator book
    Added fuel hose
    Added fuel filter
    Added fuel tank component
    Added rotator