Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sid Meier's Pirates

EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

i was pretty reluctant to buy this yesterday (but my game addiction is too freakin strong and i pretty much had every other game Best Buy sold.

I looked at the box, read the description...then reread it....then read it some more. So, with major reservation, I bought it.

To make a long story short....I havent played a game in terms of straight cumulative hours since I played Civilization one back in 1994.

I installed it around 6 pm and I saved it at 5 am. Then I played it for 3 hours today.

I have to say, it's a pretty nice game even if the graphic's arent that hot.

It was a nice change from the other games I have been playing

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Comments

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

I had a lot of fun with it for awhile, although I didnt play it nearly that long in my first sitting. After about 20 hours it just got too repetative for me so I kinda gave up on it, also because I started playing Rome Total War and that consumed basically all my gaming time when I was playing it ::::02::

I would probably have played it longer if there were more story involved, it was just a little *too* open ended.

• firemagicfiremagic Member Posts: 878

Yeah Pirates is a very good game but doesn't have as much longevity as a lot of other strategy titles. If anything it's a great game to get you geared up for Pirates of the Burning Sea.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

lol I eneded up being the mostfeared pirate and had 7 wives before I turned 35 (even Duke rank)

I took out a pirate near mexico....he was in a small small ship so I was like "why the heck not"

The ship made a bee-line for my ship so I had to pack grape cannonballs in and fire....because he had 250 crewmembers packed in that little ship and my flag ship only had about 155.

By the time he reached me, he was down to 190 so it was a little more even. After a pretty freakin long fight, I took him out....then to my amazement, my loot of gold kept on ringing in....it never stopped. Well....it did...but after about 3 minutes. This pirate was the number 1 pirate and had around 50,000 to 60,000 gold on his ship.

That was more of a freak accident. Needless to say I had enough money to practically buy any enchancments offered to me in the tavern.

Fun game but I have to agree...a little too OPen ended

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• DinionDinion Member Posts: 879

I was hoping it would be like Pirates of the Caribbean game except without all the game breaking bugs. Kinda dissapointed that it really had no story line and like that other guy said got kind of repetitive. Pretty fun for awhile though.

----------------------------------
    MMOs Retired From: Earth and Beyond, Project Entropia, There, A Tale in the Desert, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Eve Online, City of Heroes/Villains.

MMOs Currently (worth) Playing: None.

MMO hopefuls: Age of Conan.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253
    Yeah I really enjoyed it too... I have played all of them now from the Commodore 64 version through the original PC and now the remake... Still the same fun all the way... Sid Meyer = image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon