Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO perma bans guild master without giving reason.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,153
No not me, but I find it rather interesting that GM's can't simply provide the guy a police case number so he can inquire about it if there were really law enforcement involved, looks like a case of GM's giving him the run-around?

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/9lyd37/permabanned_our_guild_master_without_informing_why/

Comments

  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    First world problems.  
    JeffSpicoli

    I've got the straight edge.

  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    AlmostLancelot
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    "Here they mention a police investigation. What is going on, what have our guild master been accused of? So our Guild Master check with his lawyers if the authorities have any case on him, which takes some time."

    Guilty as f#$%.  :D 
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    "Here they mention a police investigation. What is going on, what have our guild master been accused of? So our Guild Master check with his lawyers if the authorities have any case on him, which takes some time."

    Guilty as f#$%.  :D 
    Yeah, something fishy's going on there most likely.

    Then again he could've hired a lawyer to find out what kind of options he had and what was happening...

    But at the very least he said SOMETHING that he REALLY shouldn't have if they found logs that merited 1) An immediate ban. 2) Informing the authorities about this person.

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,153
    Reddit page btw if I am reading correctly says they checked with their Lawyers, and there was no open police investigation?

    Could the company not just provide the case number, or information to him, or his lawyers?
  • El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    edited October 2018
    Renoaku said:
    Reddit page btw if I am reading correctly says they checked with their Lawyers, and there was no open police investigation?

    Could the company not just provide the case number, or information to him, or his lawyers?
    Maybe the police don't want to investigate because it's a video game and not worth their time.  

    Post edited by El-Hefe on

    I've got the straight edge.

  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    If there was a police number...case# that would mean something illegal took place.So usually that is a form of CC fraud.
    There are a few problems here..

    1 Our civilized society says innocent until PROVEN guilty.Not giving a player ANYTHING at all,it not only rude,but assuming guilt with no recourse,a very unprofessional stance by ANY developer.

    I am not saying anyone is right or wrong in case of what the claim was but i do know your no better than the other guy if yoru actions are every bit as lame.

    Possibilities such as CC fraud towards the owner and used by some hacker.Well obviously not directly his fault it happened,there was no intent to do anything wrong.There is a reason insurance covers fraud and banks will as well as do CC companies,they do not BLAME you or ridicule you or even accuse you or ban you.
    I simply used an example as to why,you should treat your customers with respect no matter what happens.You can be upset/angry or whatever but operate like a customer support SHOULD,not like some ban hammer happy whatever.
    BTW VERY few people should be allowed to remove a player,not just any and every GM.The owner of the business/president whomever shoudl pick those couple people based on integrity and personality,some people are just not fit to be a good GM but often there because they are a friend or FREE of wage.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 39,297
    edited October 2018
    I go with the thought game devs generally don't ban people without a valid reason, so likely this GM deserves it. 

    He also very likely knows why and won't be going to court over it.


    ConstantineMerusBeezerbeezSovrath

    "True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing ESO - Blackwood at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,532
    "Removed + locked because OP was using sockpuppet accounts to garner support"

    lol, yea, totaly for no reason i bet :P
    Kyleran

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    "No reason"

    My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

    https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul



  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 3,716
    El-Hefe said:
    First world problems.  
    You are in a first world forum so..... guess you shouldn't expect to hear about third world problems!
    El-Hefejimmywolf

    Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.





  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    edited October 2018
    I do not know what country they are in, but there are some sorely ignorant people about police investigations on Reddit.  

    In the US the police do not have to tell you that you are being investigated only when you are charged with a crime and will be prosecuted in court.  Everyday people driving cars are "investigated" when license plate readers run their tags and they are never notified that their tag was run.  Right now you could call the police and say your neighbor is having a wild drunken party with underage people.  The police would come and poke around to see what they can see.  If you house is quiet and nothing is going on they do not have to come tell you they "investigated" a claim against you.

      Secondly it is not a crime to lie and tell someone that you got a police investigation against them when you have not.  Possible lawsuit for defamation if you can prove that lie monetarily harmed you.  People lie all the time about calling the police and having their spouses investigated in pending divorce cases to try and unnerve the other spouse.

    Third if an investigation is part of an "ongoing" investigation they do not have to tell a lawyer anything about it.  They can even...lie....about the investigation happening.  Freedom of information Act does not even get you that info in the US till the investigation is closed or no longer being pursed for a "reasonable", an object term for the judge hearing the FOIA case,  time.  The only caveat to that is that the police can not release that info to use against you in separate legal action without providing that info to the target as part of disclosure.
    Beezerbeezk61977
  • WBadgerWBadger Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Thane said:
    "Removed + locked because OP was using sockpuppet accounts to garner support"

    lol, yea, totaly for no reason i bet :P
    I just imagine this guy standing at the podium, giving a speech exclaiming his own innocence.  Then the guild master disappears from the stand as someone looking vaguely like him except with a bowler hat, a glued on askew mustache, and a monocle yells out in agreement from within the crowd.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 39,297
    t0nyd said:
    DMKano said:
    Guess what - the game companies are not required to give you a reason for a perma-ban.

    They usually do of course - but read the EULA or TOS for any online game - you will find a line that reads something along the lines

    ...the company reserves the right to discontinue service of players account for any reason without any notice...


    eula and tos arent always legal. Many have been thrown out in court and deemed not enforceable. 
    A few have been thrown out, unless you can show me proof somewhere of "many" (and it better be the 100's)

    "True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing ESO - Blackwood at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,851
    edited October 2018
    n/a
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,851
    edited October 2018
    Kyleran said:
    t0nyd said:
    DMKano said:
    Guess what - the game companies are not required to give you a reason for a perma-ban.

    They usually do of course - but read the EULA or TOS for any online game - you will find a line that reads something along the lines

    ...the company reserves the right to discontinue service of players account for any reason without any notice...


    eula and tos arent always legal. Many have been thrown out in court and deemed not enforceable. 
    A few have been thrown out, unless you can show me proof somewhere of "many" (and it better be the 100's)
    ELUAs don't meet the requirements for enforceable contracts. In most cases, you have already purchased the product at the time of the ELUA, so it's considered that you don't really have the choice.

    But those don't apply to online game accounts, because the consumer doesn't own the account, the publisher does.

    So DMKano is basically correct. MMO Publishers have the right to draw your name from a hat and ban you for it. 

    Not much you can do.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,153
    edited October 2018
    Wankyudo said:
    Thane said:
    "Removed + locked because OP was using sockpuppet accounts to garner support"

    lol, yea, totaly for no reason i bet :P
    I just imagine this guy standing at the podium, giving a speech exclaiming his own innocence.  Then the guild master disappears from the stand as someone looking vaguely like him except with a bowler hat, a glued on askew mustache, and a monocle yells out in agreement from within the crowd.
    I honestly don't like the way Black Desert handled the situation the least they could do is provide an answer to why the person was banned in the first place, and removal of the thread rather than answering to the public since it was posted public with evidence, just looks like "Censorship" in the least an explaination, and lock of thread would have been great.
    ELUAs don't meet the requirements for enforceable contracts. In most cases, you have already purchased the product at the time of the ELUA, so it's considered that you don't really have the choice.

    But those don't apply to online game accounts, because the consumer doesn't own the account, the publisher does.

    So DMKano is basically correct. MMO Publishers have the right to draw your name from a hat and ban you for it. 

    Not much you can do.
    Which is true most time users purchase a game they agree to an EULA, however I've found in at least 2-3 cases games which are "Backer Games" off Kickstarter often do not have an EULA wrote, so if a user buys the game "Before the EULA" is wrote and then declines the EULA, aren't they entitled to a full refund, as the company was not totally transparent about a User Agreement in the first place?

    For example take the new game called "Fractured" which was on KickStarter not too long ago they actually had a user agreement up there already however it doesn't contain key things like "Users can't use cheats, hacks, modify the game, or sell for real money.

    https://fracturedmmo.com/terms-of-service/

    So a user who buys the game and then the agreement is changed, and the agreement a user reads does not say it will change in the future?

    Ashes OF Creation, Also ahd the same issue no EULA, I don't remember if Crow Fall did, but I know all games on KickStarter often don't have User Agreements shown before a user backs a product.

    Generally a game company won't ban without a really good reason but recently i've seen a few instances of bans without a good reason or evidence provided from different companies, especially ARC Games, and SBI, blaming customers for their own mistakes.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 30,298
    DMKano said:
    Guess what - the game companies are not required to give you a reason for a perma-ban.

    They usually do of course - but read the EULA or TOS for any online game - you will find a line that reads something along the lines

    ...the company reserves the right to discontinue service of players account for any reason without any notice...


    Additionally, this isn't news. Game companies have been banning players, sometimes without much reason forever.
    Kyleran
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

    Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    edited October 2018
    Renoaku said:
    Wankyudo said:
    Thane said:
    "Removed + locked because OP was using sockpuppet accounts to garner support"

    lol, yea, totaly for no reason i bet :P
    I just imagine this guy standing at the podium, giving a speech exclaiming his own innocence.  Then the guild master disappears from the stand as someone looking vaguely like him except with a bowler hat, a glued on askew mustache, and a monocle yells out in agreement from within the crowd.
    I honestly don't like the way Black Desert handled the situation the least they could do is provide an answer to why the person was banned in the first place, and removal of the thread rather than answering to the public since it was posted public with evidence, just looks like "Censorship" in the least an explaination, and lock of thread would have been great.
    ELUAs don't meet the requirements for enforceable contracts. In most cases, you have already purchased the product at the time of the ELUA, so it's considered that you don't really have the choice.

    But those don't apply to online game accounts, because the consumer doesn't own the account, the publisher does.

    So DMKano is basically correct. MMO Publishers have the right to draw your name from a hat and ban you for it. 

    Not much you can do.
    Which is true most time users purchase a game they agree to an EULA, however I've found in at least 2-3 cases games which are "Backer Games" off Kickstarter often do not have an EULA wrote, so if a user buys the game "Before the EULA" is wrote and then declines the EULA, aren't they entitled to a full refund, as the company was not totally transparent about a User Agreement in the first place?

    For example take the new game called "Fractured" which was on KickStarter not too long ago they actually had a user agreement up there already however it doesn't contain key things like "Users can't use cheats, hacks, modify the game, or sell for real money.

    https://fracturedmmo.com/terms-of-service/

    So a user who buys the game and then the agreement is changed, and the agreement a user reads does not say it will change in the future?

    Ashes OF Creation, Also ahd the same issue no EULA, I don't remember if Crow Fall did, but I know all games on KickStarter often don't have User Agreements shown before a user backs a product.

    Generally a game company won't ban without a really good reason but recently i've seen a few instances of bans without a good reason or evidence provided from different companies, especially ARC Games, and SBI, blaming customers for their own mistakes.
    1) They don't need EULAs you aren't purchasing a product through kickstarter. you are entering a conditional contract where you provide capital to a company enabling them to produce a product or service in exchange for promises once the terms of the contract has been met(and not before). Developing an EULA would be a part of the production process and as long as the company makes an attempt at producing said good there is not a violation of the terms in the contract.

    2) EULAs change all the time....that's why when software of any kind has an update of any kind companies usually make you reagree to the new EULA


    3)  when you do "purchase" a game you aren't purchasing ownership of intellectual or physical property(game code/servers/rights to distribution) outside of the platform its delivered on(downloader/physical disc) but right to access the companies property. Thus they have a right to evict you from there property if they feel like you aren't acting in good faith and are not required to give you reason nor do they need your consent. Companies provide reasons for bans as a courtesy not because its a contractual obligation.

    4) GMs wouldn't have access to any legal information you would have to go through the companies lawyers and as others have posted....if a person isn't charged then information about the investigation doesn't have to be provided.



  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,153
    edited October 2018
    DMKano said:
    t0nyd said:
    DMKano said:
    Guess what - the game companies are not required to give you a reason for a perma-ban.

    They usually do of course - but read the EULA or TOS for any online game - you will find a line that reads something along the lines

    ...the company reserves the right to discontinue service of players account for any reason without any notice...


    eula and tos arent always legal. Many have been thrown out in court and deemed not enforceable. 

    How many court cases are there for banned accounts?

    So while your point is correct 99.999999999% of banned accounts never end up in court because it would be such a waste of everyone's time.
    Usually i'd assume because most gamers don't have the money to legally lawsuit, or it's not worth the money doing such.

    Small claims is one way if you live in the country where you are taking legal actions, but going against a company in another country costs a lot more money, and given Kakao is in EU it gets very expensive.

    If it wasn't expensive I would have taken legal action against the company that frauded me like $180 months ago but the costs were not cost effective for me, or for them to actually do anything due to being across country.

    The last I remember hearing about a Lawsuit where a gamer sued some company over a virtual item lost, and I believe they won but it wasn't in U.S.

    Just like there are Loot-Box Laws, coming into effect, I strongly believe that there needs to be "Laws" that protect "Digital Content" "Games" or "Accounts" to at least "Refund", or "Restore" an account", if the user did not actually violate any of the agreement. (The extent should be a refund of all funds put into a product.)

    For Example, Lets say a user is playing World OF Warcraft, and Blizzard claims the user bought currency for Real Money, the company would have to prove the person paid real money, didn't just receive it in the mail.

    Exploting, a user shouldn't ever be able just to be banned, over a game creators mistake, if the user had no idea it was an exploit in the first place, instead should be warned, or users notified aka Never Winter for example where users got banned for some just being part of groups where a person exploited.

    Enchanting in games need to provide Warnings, on items that can be lost when enchanting, and micro-transactions need to be properly of how it functions and everything.

    I've personally seen some games on the Google Play Store, which fail to properly inform consumers of certain mechanics, are not advertised properly, and Games that I feel wrongfully terminated users accounts, which to me seems like a legal way for game companies to commit fraud against users.


  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    edited October 2018
    Renoaku said:
    DMKano said:
    t0nyd said:
    DMKano said:
    Guess what - the game companies are not required to give you a reason for a perma-ban.

    They usually do of course - but read the EULA or TOS for any online game - you will find a line that reads something along the lines

    ...the company reserves the right to discontinue service of players account for any reason without any notice...


    eula and tos arent always legal. Many have been thrown out in court and deemed not enforceable. 

    How many court cases are there for banned accounts?

    So while your point is correct 99.999999999% of banned accounts never end up in court because it would be such a waste of everyone's time.
    Usually i'd assume because most gamers don't have the money to legally lawsuit, or it's not worth the money doing such.

    Small claims is one way if you live in the country where you are taking legal actions, but going against a company in another country costs a lot more money, and given Kakao is in EU it gets very expensive.

    If it wasn't expensive I would have taken legal action against the company that frauded me like $180 months ago but the costs were not cost effective for me, or for them to actually do anything due to being across country.

    The last I remember hearing about a Lawsuit where a gamer sued some company over a virtual item lost, and I believe they won but it wasn't in U.S.

    Just like there are Loot-Box Laws, coming into effect, I strongly believe that there needs to be "Laws" that protect "Digital Content" "Games" or "Accounts" to at least "Refund", or "Restore" an account", if the user did not actually violate any of the agreement. (The extent should be a refund of all funds put into a product.)

    For Example, Lets say a user is playing World OF Warcraft, and Blizzard claims the user bought currency for Real Money, the company would have to prove the person paid real money, didn't just receive it in the mail.

    Exploting, a user shouldn't ever be able just to be banned, over a game creators mistake, if the user had no idea it was an exploit in the first place, instead should be warned, or users notified aka Never Winter for example where users got banned for some just being part of groups where a person exploited.

    Enchanting in games need to provide Warnings, on items that can be lost when enchanting, and micro-transactions need to be properly of how it functions and everything.

    I've personally seen some games on the Google Play Store, which fail to properly inform consumers of certain mechanics, are not advertised properly, and Games that I feel wrongfully terminated users accounts, which to me seems like a legal way for game companies to commit fraud against users.


    1) You realize that companies will just region lock online games if local laws become to much of a burden correct?

    If EA loses its suit against Belgium.....guess whos probably not getting the next fifa game?

    2)Blizzard example is a bad example. Blizzard already bans people for accepting large amount of gold from others who bought it....its participating in RMT(which being a middleman or end user is participating) not just the act of buying and selling.


    Also these restrictions are in place to help control the laundering of money by criminal/terror elements in real life and changing said policy could have very deadly real world consequences.


    if you want a good blizzard example...blizzard also bans people if its anti cheat software detects cheat programs on your computer even if you aren't actively using them on a  blizzard product.


    3) why not? bugs and exploits can do permanent damage to the companies product? why should they be restricted in "fixing" the damage in the most cost effective least damaging way possible? isn't it easier and less damaging as a whole to ban a few hundred accounts instead of rolling back 10s of thousands of accounts months?


    4)why because its annoying? digital items dont have real world value and legislation for something that's annoying in a small subset of games seems excessive. if you start assigning digital items in game real world value you just run into the RMT and laundering issues again.




    Post edited by Pemmin on
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,153
    Pemmin said:
    1) You realize that companies will just region lock online games if local laws become to much of a burden correct?

    If EA loses its suit against Belgium.....guess whos probably not getting the next fifa game?

    2)Blizzard example is a bad example. Blizzard already bans people for accepting large amount of gold from others who bought it....its participating in RMT(which being a middleman or end user is participating) not just the act of buying and selling.

    Also these restrictions are in place to help control the laundering of money by criminal/terror elements in real life and changing said policy could have very deadly real world consequences.

    if you want a good blizzard example...blizzard also bans people if its anti cheat software detects cheat programs on your computer even if you aren't actively using them on a  blizzard product.

    3) why not? bugs and exploits can do permanent damage to the companies product? why should they be restricted in "fixing" the damage in the most cost effective least damaging way possible? isn't it easier and less damaging as a whole to ban a few hundred accounts instead of rolling back 10s of thousands of accounts months?

    4)why because its annoying? digital items have real world value and legislation for something that's annoying in a small subset of games seems excessive. if you start assigning digital items in game real world value you just run into the RMT and laundering issues again.
    1.) Well Lootboxes I could deal without personally even being in the United States, I've also seen some cellphone APP's in the play store using gambling that violates Belgium Laws as well if they are able to be download over there.

    But they could simply sort the loot-box issue out by putting content in the cash shop like "Black Desert" online does so Real Money you just buy the outfit or skin you want and to be honest I'd rather play League OF Legends, over Smite due to skins that are really good being locked behind loot-box as well.

    2.) I've never personally heard of banning legitimate players, but then I haven't played WOW in years so it is possible, but as an example (no company) not even Blizzard IMO should ban someone just because someone sends a person (an investment) without proof that the person bought it with real money.

    I've done a little bit of digging on Blizzard, and it appears they have automated software that flags accounts if players get traded a large amount of gold, or mailed without a good reason.

    This is also a reason why they introduced WOW token IMO is because illegal 3rd party sellers buy and sell WOW tokens using stolen information then buy gold, thus if a person buys the gold then hands it out to another player the other player could have problems.

    . Also I've never heard of accounts being banned by Blizzard for example for using hack programs.

    I have 2 Software development programs installed on my system that can be used to hack, or cheat games, Cheat Engine, and a lot of really nasty zip files, I've had some of these going back to when I did play WOW, as well as my Macro tools for mouse and keyboard never got banned from WOW.

    3.) Exploits, It depends on the Exploit, for example if a person can sit at their keyboard and hit a certain key combo, and duplicate in-game currency like have 100k and turn it into a million then that should be obvious it's not intended.

    However an Exploit where a certain skill, or game-play mechanic causes a boss to stop attacking for example isn't a players fault, and the developers of the game should disable such content until a fix is done, or warn players not to use a specific skill or something.

    The problem here is proving a person knows something is an exploit, especially like in NeverWinter when kids under 18 actually play the game.

    Also when a company knows about a bug or exploit of something they don't want players using and they fail to address it to the community in a warning first.

    Rolling back accounts is pretty easy if the developers coded the game right in the first place and put the right tools there.

    Gaming Services, do have "Real World Value", perhaps not so much a claim over the items having a real world value. However lets say a person is playing WOW, or even worse a game with a Cash Shop such as "Black Desert", or Elder Scrolls Online, lets say for the sake of argument a player who is playing ESO threw in $700 Real Dollrs, bought like 5 of the most expensive house, and a lot of Digital Items.

    The money goes to the company, and so lets say 3 months later a person gets banned accused of botting, or hacking by a company that just decides to wrongfully terminate a users account without proof, and keep providing Generic Responses to the customer similar to what "Black Desert Online" did recently.

    Now that player who did nothing wrong is out $700 Real Life Dollars, of their hard earned money they trusted with the company, the company in question refuses to even let them know what happened, and they lose all their content and there are no laws to protect such cases of false positives.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    To a certain point I agree, having Real World Value on games creates issues however have to look at it from a certain aspect, and with new EULA changes in most games that forbid outside exchanges beyond real money also due to crypto currency.

    - Crypto Currency of many types can now be used for money laundering.

    - There are certain games you can use to pass secret messages to others that not even the police can find (True Fact) and no one knows where to look no it's not using a mail system or WOW.

    - Biggest issue right now with Criminals, is Fraud such as those tech scammers calling people, and Giftcard fraud.

    - WOW Token, APEX, GW2 Credits, Warframe, "BDO Gifting" all these can easily be used by 3rd parties to do fraud, which is why you don't buy from 3rd parties and it's easy to track.

    - For $2 You can buy credit card numbers nad matching info to go with them online, most retailers usch as walmart check "Digital Giftcard" purchases for valid Real Life information that should be on the card, however some do not, and lets just say either way it's easy to do and these get sold on sites, or apps like Offer-Up, G2A, Ebay, although Ebay has a policy against people selling digital giftcard people still do it.

    So whenever you shop anywhere but a legitimate store in Real Life for example you have no idea if your buying something that is stolen, and also if you activate a card you have to check and make sure it's got no magnetic strip or scratched because people can clone and put back on the shelf.

    https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/ i'll give you a hint or something I found, if you search your own street address, or phone number it comes up with lots of information information is everywhere these days.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK2hB4efNmY

    However saying a persons Game Account holds absolutely no Real Life value when banned without a reason being given, or proving wrong doing is where I think something needs to be done legally to prevent this from any company, or in the last give refund back to the player if they did nothing wrong and the company or persons don't want them using the service anymore.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    edited October 2018
    That's because you are looking at it in the view that your buying a product when in fact your are renting access for a one time fee under a licensing agreement. when you buy a game the company is providing you with a license to access. those 700 dollars houses? read the terms of service...they notify several times that the company still owns the content and your signing a limited licensing agreement.


    Heres an excerpt from EU BDO for example:





    "Game License”means a license allowing the user to access and play the Game under the terms and conditions set forth in the agreement

    You can purchase Kakao Cash in the Shop and Pearls in the In-game Shop.
    The purchase of Kakao Cash is not a delivery of goods but the provision of digital content licensed by Kakao Games Europe to the User. Subject to the terms of the Agreement, Kakao Games Europe grants the User a non-transferable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive license for the duration of the Agreement on the Kakao Cash the User purchased to use the Kakao Cash on the User’s Account in the Game to purchase Pearls.
    The purchase of Pearls using Kakao Cash is not a delivery of goods but the provision of digital content licensed by Kakao Games Europe to the User. Subject to the terms of the Agreement, Kakao Games Europe grants the User a non-transferable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive license for the duration of the Agreement on the Pearls the User purchased to use the Pearls on the User’s Account in the Game to purchase Virtual Items.
    Once a Pearls package is purchased in the Shop, a Pearls Box is created in the Game for the User’s Account. The User is required to login in the Game, select a character and unwrap the Pearls Box in order to use the Pearls in the In-game Shop.


    In the event a Party (the “Defaulting Party”) does not fulfil its obligations set forth in the Agreement, the other Party (the “Notifying Party”) shall notify the Defaulting Party:
    - by contacting customer support if Kakao Games Europe is the Defaulting Party, or
    - by contacting the User by email or with a notice displayed when the User attempts to connect to his or her Account or to the Game.
    The notification shall describe the Defaults resulting from the Defaulting Party.
    In the event Kakao Games Europe does not remedy to the attributable Defaults within two (2) month as from the date of receipt of the notice, the User shall be entitled to terminate the Agreement for cause. Only the impossibility for the User to access the Game for the User shall qualify as a Default of Kakao Games Europe justifying the termination of the Agreement by the User.
    If the User is the Defaulting Party, Kakao Games Europe shall be entitled to (I) immediately stop providing all Services to the User without prior notice and without any indemnity or liability and (ii) terminate the Agreement for cause. Kakao Games Europe may, at its sole discretion, start providing the Services again to the User if the User remedies to the Defaults.
    In the event of termination for cause (“ontbinding”) of the Agreement, no reversal will take place of that which Kakao Games Europe has already delivered and/or performed and User has paid. Where applicable, amounts invoiced by Kakao Games Europe before the termination in connection with that which Kakao Games Europe has already properly performed or delivered in the implementation of the Agreement will continue to be owed with due observance of the provision in the preceding sentence and will become immediately due and payable in full at the time of the termination.
    Sovrath
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Renoaku said:
    No not me, but I find it rather interesting that GM's can't simply provide the guy a police case number so he can inquire about it if there were really law enforcement involved, looks like a case of GM's giving him the run-around?

    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/9lyd37/permabanned_our_guild_master_without_informing_why/
    here is the fun fact they don't need to give a reason, and if they really need they can product one, its like agoverment, when they want to fuc!<you up they will do it.
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
Sign In or Register to comment.