Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We Talk with the Bless Team About the F2P Conversion - MMORPG.com

Comments

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

OG_Zorvan said:

No thanks. Necromancy is bad enough, but I have no desire to play with a corpse that's already been re-animated a dozen times. Just bury the stinkin' remains and be done with it.

You can't bury zombie corpse, you need to chopped it to pieces and burn it to ash, and launch the ash to the sun :D
    [Deleted User]
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited October 2018
    date? nvm Bless Online Official Release October 23, 2018
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

thunderC said:

That was quick

Not quick enough, should've been F2P from the start [you know, like the other 3 failed versions].
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Asch126 said:

thunderC said:

That was quick

Not quick enough, should've been F2P from the start [you know, like the other 3 failed versions].
    But the whole plan was to sell pre-purchase bundles first.
    They would have missed out on a lot of cash if they gave people a chance to test the product first.

Now they will cash in some more with f2p features and finally pull the plug on this garbage like they did in Korea.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Nyctelios said:
    Inb4 fanboys posts pretending everything is fine...

Oh, too late already.
    I don't think anyone thinks everything is "fine".

Personally I don't think the game is terrible.. or at least, not as bad as many say, but it seems Neowiz is undercutting themselves with the release of the console version that's updated in gameplay and graphics... it seems almost like there's internal conflict there, not so much to fix the PC version as it is, but to capitalize on the work they did on it, while eyeing the future in the console market.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Reaction.

Beat me to it

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Nyctelios said:

Oh, too late already.
    Where are the fanboys then? I just reread the thread up to your post to find them and I didn't. I did find a lot of snarky remarks and laughter concerning the struggling state of the game though, and some untruths about P2W, no fanboys however.

So more accurate would have been:

Inb4 bashers posts pretending Bless is the worst game ever.... Oh, too late already.

No one in this thread is saying everything is fine, I don't know how you came to that conclusion. I do know when it comes to Bless half of the people here display some kind of Pavlovian response and start foaming at the mouth though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    maskedweasel
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Just another Asian->West port cashgrab. They do talk a good game though...
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • freaksoldier99freaksoldier99 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    free to fail again and again and again
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    lahnmir said:
    Nyctelios said:

Oh, too late already.
    Where are the fanboys then? I just reread the thread up to your post to find them and I didn't. I did find a lot of snarky remarks and laughter concerning the struggling state of the game though, and some untruths about P2W, no fanboys however.

Inb4 bashers posts pretending Bless is the worst game ever.... Oh, too late already.

No one in this thread is saying everything is fine, I don't know how you came to that conclusion. I do know when it comes to Bless half of the people here display some kind of Pavlovian response and start foaming at the mouth though.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I imagined you wearing cliche blind hockey ref glasses while you joined the straw man train. It made the post hilarious for me. Thanks.

"PENALTY! ROUGHING! PRETENDING WORTH GAME EVAR!"

lahnmir
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    lahnmir said:
    Nyctelios said:

Oh, too late already.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I imagined you wearing cliche blind hockey ref glasses while you joined the straw man train. It made the post hilarious for me. Thanks.

"PENALTY! ROUGHING! PRETENDING WORTH GAME EVAR!"

Awesome. What strawman train though? He simply said something that wasn't true and I pointed that out, thats not really creating a straw man now is it? Unless anything not very negative said about Bless is considered one, then you are right. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    edited October 2018

lahnmir said:

Nilden said:

"Also, because we are still completely against any P2W aspects, new F2P players will not feel that they have to pay to keep up"

Wut? Isn't the game FULL of this kind of thing? If not P2W which I find REALLY hard to believe, isn't the cash shop full of just crap that screams tumorous?

LOL

What are you expecting them to be HONEST?

"Game is totally P2W, new players can absolutely pay to keep up."

Game is not pay to win it is only pay for faster progression there have been countless discussions about what makes a game pay to win and in this case a higher percentage of people will agree pay to progress faster is not PTW . It's not like there putting lvl 50 dungeon gear in the store that you can't get in game or weapons or the ability to buy gold directly in the shop.. I would like to know if the people calling Bless Online PTW have ever even played the game or looked into the steam version of the game.. as for it's eastern releases which I can't speak form Expierence about have been know to have many pay to win elements. World of Warcraft is 1000 times more ptw then Bless Online. But I don't think that will last forever.

Quoted for truth. For everything wrong with Bless, I was surprised by how not P2W it actually is. Never let facts get in the way of some proper bashing though, especially with Bless...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Label it however you want, I can't stand any game that purposefully designs content to be tedious / annoying in order to sell convenience items in the cash shop. The way most of these games do it, you'd be a masochist to play without the "convenience" items. I'd much rather a game be designed to be fun, then I'd throw money at them and say, thank you sir, may I have another.

lahnmir said:

Nilden said:

"Also, because we are still completely against any P2W aspects, new F2P players will not feel that they have to pay to keep up"

Wut? Isn't the game FULL of this kind of thing? If not P2W which I find REALLY hard to believe, isn't the cash shop full of just crap that screams tumorous?

LOL

Game is not pay to win it is only pay for faster progression there have been countless discussions about what makes a game pay to win and in this case a higher percentage of people will agree pay to progress faster is not PTW . It's not like there putting lvl 50 dungeon gear in the store that you can't get in game or weapons or the ability to buy gold directly in the shop.. I would like to know if the people calling Bless Online PTW have ever even played the game or looked into the steam version of the game.. as for it's eastern releases which I can't speak form Expierence about have been know to have many pay to win elements. World of Warcraft is 1000 times more ptw then Bless Online. But I don't think that will last forever.

Quoted for truth. For everything wrong with Bless, I was surprised by how not P2W it actually is. Never let facts get in the way of some proper bashing though, especially with Bless...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Label it however you want, I can't stand any game that purposefully designs content to be tedious / annoying in order to sell convenience items in the cash shop. The way most of these games do it, you'd be a masochist to play without the "convenience" items. I'd much rather a game be designed to be fun, then I'd throw money at them and say, thank you sir, may I have another.
    I agree, I just really think this doesn't apply to Bless at all. There's lots of things wrong with it but P2W isn't one of them. I am having a really hard time spending my credits in the store tbh, nothing is worth it.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    lahnmir said:

lahnmir said:

Nilden said:

LOL

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

I agree, I just really think this doesn't apply to Bless at all. There's lots of things wrong with it but P2W isn't one of them. I am having a really hard time spending my credits in the store tbh, nothing is worth it.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    That's until it goes f2p my friend....People who've played the JP version know how it was set up.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Albatroes said:
    lahnmir said:

lahnmir said:

Nilden said:

LOL

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    That's until it goes f2p my friend....People who've played the JP version know how it was set up.
    No no no, you're overreacting. That was Neowiz who did that, this time it's neoWIZ. Neowiz, neoWIZ, and NEOwiz have nothing to do with each other. Besides P2W is when you literally sell an OP weapon and armor in the cash shop not when you sell round about paths to power creep, or level advantage in a game with vertical progression and PVP.

Why are we even talking about this? Some new company called Not Neowiz partnered with Bandai/Namco to release some game on console called Bless Unleashed and it looks different. Rejoice!
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Albatroes said:
    lahnmir said:

lahnmir said:

Nilden said:

LOL

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    That might definitely happen, it hasn't yet however and we'll cross that bridge when we get there, for now it is just speculation.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    All i hear is how bad the combat system is in this game. Is it true its all chain attacks or something ?
  • WarmMachineWarmMachine Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Hariken said:
    All i hear is how bad the combat system is in this game. Is it true its all chain attacks or something ?
    Combat is set, 1,2,3 are your combo starters and are on a cool down.  Then you can hit R,T or Y to advance then you have to press the same button 1-2 more times to finish the combo.  So combat looks like 2RRR,1TT,2RRR,1TT repeat.  It was poorly optimized, so each class had a few clear more powerful combos, and the rest were useless.  For example the tank had a stun combo, the other two options did less damage and gave small debuff/buff.  So why would you ever pick to do less damage and not stun.  I played a mage and a tank, the mage was spam 2 for best dps, and the tank was spam 2 combo (because the stun had a cool down).  To put it bluntly it was not well planned and quickly reworked from the old combat and it showed.  There is a reason it went from 34,000 players to 600 in 5 months.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    Hariken said:
    Combat is set, 1,2,3 are your combo starters and are on a cool down.  Then you can hit R,T or Y to advance then you have to press the same button 1-2 more times to finish the combo.  So combat looks like 2RRR,1TT,2RRR,1TT repeat.  It was poorly optimized, so each class had a few clear more powerful combos, and the rest were useless.  For example the tank had a stun combo, the other two options did less damage and gave small debuff/buff.  So why would you ever pick to do less damage and not stun.  I played a mage and a tank, the mage was spam 2 for best dps, and the tank was spam 2 combo (because the stun had a cool down).  To put it bluntly it was not well planned and quickly reworked from the old combat and it showed.  There is a reason it went from 34,000 players to 600 in 5 months.
    Spamming 2 for the mage stopped working pretty much after the first month. 

But yeah, the combo system didn't work well. Yes you also had non combo skills you could add to your bar, but essentially, the majority of damage was done through combos, and the combo "system" they put in place, was ridiculous. 

It required that, if you wanted to continue a combo chain, you HAD to switch stances, and due to cooldown restrictions, you could only really get a maximum combo of maybe 8 with certain classes... you couldn't chain combos from the same stance... and the higher the combo the more damage you supposedly could do, but the system was completely wrong.

That doesn't even get into the way certain skills still don't really chain efficiently, and how you're locked in to very strict combo rules,  the idea wasn't bad... but the way it was implemented ruined the combat in both PvE and PvP. 

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    "Obviously, the biggest benefit to new players will be that there will no longer be a financial hurdle to playing the game. Also, because we are still completely against any P2W aspects,"

ROFL. The biggest hurdle was never the buy to play approach, thats what the majority of those polled wanted. The hurdles was you people delivering a bad product, while lying, yes LYING about your p2w/cash store options.

Those interested in this title and were willing to jump in gave up the moment you, the publisher, turned out to be utterly unreliable. MMORPG players have been burned so many times that there is only so many times you can succeed with being two faced.

The game is going f2p because the publisher failed to honor their word and their responsibility to deliver a solid product... now its just damage control and more BS.

Fool us once, shame on you, fool us twice, shame on us. The target audience these people want have become completely jaded at this point.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    This game is like an old stale plain rice cake.

Joined - July 2004

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    They are about 5 years too late to the "If it doesn't work, we can always go F2P" party
    Nilden
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited October 2018
    I hate F2P games. All they do is block content and knickpick items behind a paywall. Would rather pay a subscription or just buy to play games.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    "Neowiz: As we convert to F2P at the official release..."

wait wasnt the game released few times already and failed every time? :D
    Kyleran
  • kwaynkwayn Member UncommonPosts: 1

Scot said:

MMORPG.com did ask in a very media friendly way about what improvements had been made since launch. But all Neowiz did was talk about improvements to content. Unless all these core gameplay issues we heard about have been resolved which I rather doubt, it might have been an idea to focus in on them?

They never did optimize the game at all didn't even try so it still runs like shit on top of the line PC's. Instead of fixing the main issue's people had they had zero interest and did everything people didn't want.