Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE abandons "VoxElyria"

1235»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    I'd say hold off on map voting thread until dates and details are published.  (Unless they already are?)
    Depends on your definition of published :)

You mean on the official forums?
    You mean in Discord?
    You mean the super secret high donor forums?

There are different layers of info available depending on your level of access.
    Here is the info from the Dev Journal:

World Generation is no small task, and is something we've been working on continuously for the better part of the project. But with pre-Alpha once again visible in the distance, and Map Voting and Domain & Settlement Selection rapidly approaching, our need to procedurally create the continents, settlements, buildings, and points of interest has never been higher. So in Release 0.5.0 myself, Souzou, and Raevantiel will be finishing a significant portion of the procedural world-building mechanics in preparation for the launch of Map Voting.

And when is Map Voting, you may ask? Well, as promised in the Release 0.4.0 completion blog, the release of Map Voting is just around the corner. While the news and announcement post containing the final rules and information on the map voting process will be published a few days ahead of it on the 18th, Map Voting itself will begin the 22nd... of October. So, you know, soon™.

But elsewhere Caspien has stated that:

Caspian09/29/2018

OK. RE: Map voting. Official rules will be posted when it's ready. That said, we've locked in the rules, etc. and are very happy with where it is now, as it's simple, straight forward, and logical. 1. Your votes are weighted by influence, divided by your total number of votes. So if you vote once, it's worth 100% of your influence. If you vote twice, each vote is worth 50%, etc. The more you vote, the less each vote is worth. 2. Voting will be done in a couple rounds. Round 1 will be all the servers except OCE voting on a pool of 20 maps to determine which 5 maps will be voted on for their server. 3. Round two will be all servers, and will be for each server to decide which map they want of the 5 available. That's it. Simple. At the end of Round 2, each server will know which map will be theirs. Note that round 1 is open results. So you'll be able to see how each map is fairing on each server. Round 2 is closed results, and the results of the vote won't be shown until the round ends. As for people who received a package during searing plague but have no influence, you can vote, but if you truly have 0 influence the vote won't count for much, if anything. Sorry, but that's the way it is. You get to play the game, and have all the benefits of being able to play, but with no influence, your vote doesn't count for much.

Caspian09/29/2018

There's plenty of questions that can arise from what I just said, but in all cases, the answer should be what you expect. For example: Q. Doesn't that mean people with 10,000 influence are weighted 10x as much as someone with just 1,000 influence? A. Yes.

-------------------
    So I'd say there is enough info released to start a fairly robust conversation :)

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Idk you guys know me, but I think this one is going to surprise the detractors.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    bcbully said:
    In what way?  The game or the Map Selection?
    I’ve got 2 free accounts now so I hope it surprises me and turns out to be great!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    bcbully said:
    In what way?  The game or the Map Selection?
    I’ve got 2 free accounts now so I hope it surprises me and turns out to be great!
    Slap you've done more for the game than most, differently than most too lol. 

I'm talking about the game in general. Continue to hold them accountable!
    Slapshot1188Gdemami
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited October 2018
    Gdemami said:
    Torrsk said:
    But it really can't be worse. 
    It is very much the same, just opposite side of the spectrum: OMFG these devs are the worst idiots ever!!!

Echo chamber of armchair developers...proof is in the pudding, this very thread - sheer ignorance and lack of any critical thinking.

It just likely resonates better with you(some) but bottom line remains the same.
    Do provide a counter argument. I am asking sincerely. Because the story is about someone promising X and not delivering it. Yeah maybe predicting such outcome without the science and the full extent knowledge of the project might sound silly. But it already has happened. So I'm not sure what your observation is about. 

We're bunch of gamers talking about games on a gaming forum. Besides some rare cases, no one has claimed otherwise. If you've noticed someone is wrong about something then it is up to you to correct them or not. 

I mean a couple of weeks ago you and I were kinda in the same boat regarding lootboxes and governments and slap was on the other side. I fail to see the echo chamber on these forums besides this thread. There's not much left to say about CoE at least at this stage. And again, if you believe otherwise do tell by all means. 'You're all wrong because you all agree on this subject' is not an argument. 
    Don't bother with Gdemami, all of us who have been here a while (you included, so shame for taking his bait!) know he has no original idea to offer other than "you're all wrong, and so wrong I can't even tell you why you're wrong!"

It's his thing.
    ShaighIselinSlapshot1188KyleranDakeru[Deleted User]

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Gdemami said:
    Torrsk said:
    But it really can't be worse. 
    It is very much the same, just opposite side of the spectrum: OMFG these devs are the worst idiots ever!!!

Echo chamber of armchair developers...proof is in the pudding, this very thread - sheer ignorance and lack of any critical thinking.

It just likely resonates better with you(some) but bottom line remains the same.
    Do provide a counter argument. I am asking sincerely. Because the story is about someone promising X and not delivering it. Yeah maybe predicting such outcome without the science and the full extent knowledge of the project might sound silly. But it already has happened. So I'm not sure what your observation is about. 

We're bunch of gamers talking about games on a gaming forum. Besides some rare cases, no one has claimed otherwise. If you've noticed someone is wrong about something then it is up to you to correct them or not. 

I mean a couple of weeks ago you and I were kinda in the same boat regarding lootboxes and governments and slap was on the other side. I fail to see the echo chamber on these forums besides this thread. There's not much left to say about CoE at least at this stage. And again, if you believe otherwise do tell by all means. 'You're all wrong because you all agree on this subject' is not an argument. 
    Don't bother with Gdemami, all of us who have been here a while (you included, so shame for taking his bait!) know he has no original idea to offer other than "you're all wrong, and so wrong I can't even tell you why you're wrong!"

It's his thing.
    Heck, he can't even tell you what games he plays, enjoys etc, though I think he slipped once and let on he might be a WOW fan.

;)
    YashaXMadFrenchieNeutralEvil

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LinifLinif Member UncommonPosts: 338
    edited October 2018
    When I started researching CoE as a potential game to play, I came across MMORPG's threads and the discussions of Caspien and his crew. From then on, I've been waiting for this day.

I'm getting some disturbing satisfaction out of this. The arrogance and disrespect for customers is beginning to widen the cracks. My friend who has been a (apparently) long-standing fan and backer of this is now questioning if his faith was misplaced.

I cannot wait for the blame to be directed to "all the naysayers". Oh god please, let them blame external factors.
    GaladournGdemami
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    edited October 2018
    Linif said:

I cannot wait for the blame to be directed to "all the naysayers". 
    Too late
    They kept warning about the Harbingers, implying that people who raise concerns are a threat to the development.
    Slapshot then proudly took the title of a Harbinger out mischievious irony and some of us followed his example.

After all the mmorpg community is a mischievious bunch.
    KyleranGdemami
    Harbinger of Fools
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Dakeru said:
    Linif said:

I cannot wait for the blame to be directed to "all the naysayers". 
    Too late
    They kept warning about the Harbingers, implying that people who raise concerns are a threat to the development.
    Slapshot then proudly took the title of a Harbinger out mischievious irony and some of us followed his example.

After all the mmorpg community is a mischievious bunch.
    While I actually want to see COE made should it fail I'll be happy to shoulder part of the blame if Caspian's aren't broad enough.

Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon