Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Classic Demo to Be Available During BlizzCon 2018 & By Those with a Virtual Ticket

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Classic Demo to Be Available During BlizzCon 2018 & By Those with a Virtual Ticket - MMORPG.com

The World of Warcraft team has revealed great news for Classic fans: A demo of the work-in-progress will be available during BlizzCon 2018. Those who purchase a Virtual Ticket will also be able to play the WoW Classic demo through November 8th. The announcement was made during today's BlizzCon 2018 Virtual Ticket presentation by J. Allen Brack and Ion Hazzikostas. 

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    * waits for the baited breath crowd * :)
    [Deleted User]ceratop001ThaharMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    hmm, my guess is (seeing as marketing is always involved in such announcements) that Classic is far more ahead in development than Blizzard wants us to believe.
    [Deleted User]SBFordThahar[Deleted User]Xarko[Deleted User]
    Torval said:
    SBFord said:
    * waits for the baited breath crowd * :)
    Tell me you're in with at least a virtual ticket and will have all the action for us! I don't want to hear it from schlumptoobers or gaseous pundits. I want it straight from the Authority (that's you).

* waits with baited breath *

* damn my predictable breathing *
    Yep! I'll have the demo with my VT and will definitely make some kind of video. I've never played Classic so I'm interested. :)
    [Deleted User]Scot[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Ion needs to go, Its time for some new blood in WOW. The game has gotten beyond stale
    SBFord[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

edited September 2018
    thunderC said:
    Ion needs to go, Its time for some new blood in WOW. The game has gotten beyond stale
    But...this is a discussion about Classic, not the live game. o.O He doesn't have anything to do with Classic. I suspect he was there for the live game items players will get with a virtual ticket.

But, in general? I totally agree. :)
    ceratop001

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    SBFord said:
    thunderC said:
    But...this is a discussion about Classic, not the live game. o.O He doesn't have anything to do with Classic. I suspect he was there for the live game items players will get with a virtual ticket.

Right but if the current game was good would the fanbase be salivating the way we are to play a version of WOW that over 10 years old. I guess i should have explained myself better
    SBFord[Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

a bit off topic, but they both look way too rigid and nervous on camera (Ion more than J.), not the type of guys that would inspire you to try out new game content. I mean they try to appear relaxed but it shows that it's an effort and not coming from inside.
    edited September 2018
    I wonder, though, how long the Classic crowd will last? For Blizzard's sake, I hope a long while, but it's definitely going to be interesting to watch. I mean, it seems that the prevailing attitude will be that the game will remain static with the patch version they mentioned and that new content will not be added. Once people complete it for the first time (if newbs like me get that far) or even the fifth time -- how long will they want to keep playing something that never changes? I'll be an interested fly on the wall (though I'll surely give it a try).
    Thahar[Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DiscipledOneDiscipledOne Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I played classic already, it was great, I enjoyed it. Just like when I tell myself Im going to go play some other classic I enjoyed from 2003, I expect it to be the same. Ill hop in for a while, feel the nostalgia and bounce off pretty quick.

Im sure there are those who will stick to it, but Im like 99% sure I wont be one of them. The nostalgia for Vanilla is strong but it had many flaws too...

BFA sure bounced me faster than any expac before it, even faster than WoD and thats saying something.
    JeffSpicoliSBFordArskaaaThahar
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    thunderC said:
    SBFord said:
    thunderC said:

Right but if the current game was good would the fanbase be salivating the way we are to play a version of WOW that over 10 years old. I guess i should have explained myself better
    A portion of the community is, not the majority. Me as one of the ones who couldn't care if they did classic or not.
    SBFord
    SBFord said:
    I wonder, though, how long the Classic crowd will last? For Blizzard's sake, I hope a long while, but it's definitely going to be interesting to watch. I mean, it seems that the prevailing attitude will be that the game will remain static with the patch version they mentioned and that new content will not be added. Once people complete it for the first time (if newbs like me get that far) or even the fifth time -- how long will they want to keep playing something that never changes? I'll be an interested fly on the wall (though I'll surely give it a try).
    We don't know this yet. I mean it will start off as you describe, but what will happen down the road remains yet to be seen.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    "Now bend over...."
    [Deleted User]
    edited September 2018
    Galadourn said:
    SBFord said:
    We don't know this yet. I mean it will start off as you describe, but what will happen down the road remains yet to be seen.
    We do know, however, that there will not be any expansion content added. I do believe that they might be adding future patch content from Classic, but I think that that's going to be in the hands of the community and probably depends on how successful Classic is subscription-wise and how long the community sticks around. :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Exactly what is there to demo, either it's classic wow, that we all played and loved or it's some bastard form that they are going to try to shove down our throats as being what people asked for me not really.  If it doesn't have 40 man raids, shaman and paladins locked to their factions, things such as quivers for hunters, and all the other things that sucked but were vanilla wow then it will blow.  Also remember guys, druids don't tank, shaman don't dps, and pandas, monks, dks, worgen, goblins, blood elves, draenai, and demon hunters don't exist.  You have to level your weapons and dungeons are actually challenging with no LFG.

SBFord said:
    Galadourn said:
    SBFord said:
    We do know, however, that there will not be any expansion content added. I do believe that they might be adding future patch content from Classic, but I think that that's going to be in the hands of the community and probably depends on how successful Classic is subscription-wise and how long the community sticks around. :)
    What I mean is (and based on responses to the petition sent to Blizzard 2 years ago) that there is a large portion of the Classic community that would welcome not expansions to the game but additions of content from future expansions trimmed down to Classic content level.
    Too ambitious perhaps, but since the community can be really passionate (they did after all manage to replicate the server software to run illegal private classic servers) if Blizzard gives them some leeway with respect to IP restrictions, we could see miracles, like content from TBC and WotLK "imported" to Classic.
    SBFord
  • darkrain21darkrain21 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    edited September 2018
    SBFord said:
    Galadourn said:
    SBFord said:
    What is there to add? If they give classic new content then its not classic, and people will accuse them of changing it. If they don't add anything and it stagnates, people will accuse them of not caring. This entire thing reeks of problems down the road.

I do hope it works out, i mean more support for this means a bigger budget for Live meaning cool stuff down the road, maybe even a TBC or Wrath server which i would be more interested in. Time will tell i guess.
    SBFord
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    SBFord said:
    Galadourn said:
    SBFord said:
    This is what I'm excited about. This is the Runescape Model. If enough people show interest, for a long enough period of time, they can develop content aside from the actual progression of content. Separate from any expansion that came out, that falls more in line with the classic mentality. Oldschool Runescape is doing better than modern RS in terms of active players, and it develops content outside of the original games content, specifically for Oldschool. 

Either way, I'm excited to play it. 
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I'm sure I'll give it a shot for a few months once they have all the bugs worked out.  :p

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

SBFord said:

I can't talk for the rest of the crowd but i've been playing vanilla since fall 2010 having only few month breaks every now and then and i've no intention to stop until something better comes out (like Pantheon, and even that is a big maybe), and i'm a player who have never stepped in BWL, AQ or Naxx.

The classic crowd will do exactly the same what retail players are doing - rolling lots of alts. The difference is there's much more content to play through in classic than there is in BfA, or at least it will take much longer in classic.

And since they are two totally different games and have totally different gameplay, i can't see how having finite content is any more problematic than it is in every other expansion sets WoW has had in past years. It takes few months max these days to play through an expansion until you find yourself repeating the same raid over and over again. In Classic that will be several months if not years if you're a super casual gamer.
    GaladournThahar
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Bought my ticket on day one. Love the goods plus gotta see if any Diablo announcement.
    SBFordNepheth[Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    That's one way to sell those virtual tickets lol!
    Octagon7711SBFordLeguma11ThaharjgDuffay[Deleted User][Deleted User]zigalucard[Deleted User]

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    inb4 Overwatch 2: Buy my game edition.
    [Deleted User]
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,870
    One step closer until "I told you so" !
    SBFordXarko