So Total War Rome 2 is getting review bombed on Steam due to female generals being a feature. The most popular negative review cited that half his Roman generals are now female, and the normal bitching you've come to expect in this day and age has started.
Interestingly enough, that review is completely false and straight up lies about the game to try and push its narrative of (and I cannot make this up) bitching about Creative Assembly pushing a narrative. Here's the quote from an article regarding the data mined chance to get female generals:
posted a video of his findings, pointing out that only certain cultures—Romans not among them—can even have women generals, and there’s a 65 per cent chance characters will be born male, and only a 35 per cent chance they’ll be female."
So man bitches about half his Roman generals being female in an attempt to push a narrative, datamining determines he's fabricating the essence of his claim in criticizing the game. This is reality, and it's fucking pathetic.
EDIT- The review I mentioned:
"Why are suddenly half my ROMAN (known for being a predominantly patriarchal society) generals women? You know I wouldn't have a problem with that if I could disable and enable this "content" patch at will. But you just really want to forcefeed historical revisionism to your customers. Very disrespectful and generally not a good business practice (look what happened to EA).
Not to mention that this game is still buggy and badly optimized after all these years. It seems that CA has stopped caring about making actually good games like Medieval 2 and Shogun, and now are only looking to pander to an audience that THEY ARE NEVER GOING TO ATTAIN BECAUSE THAT AUDIENCE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HISTORICAL STRATEGY GAMES.
All this pandering comes at the cost of the established, core audience. Not to mention the whole Red Shell incident. So yeah, don't buy this game, or any CA games for that matter, until CA gets its act together and starts respecting its customers."https://store.steampowered.com/app/214950/Total_War_ROME_II__Emperor_Edition/
To recap: The Roman faction in the game does not allow female generals. At all.
EDIT2- PCGamer updated with statement from CA:
Creative Assembly has released a statement clarifying that spawn rates for female generals have not been changed, and the system is basically working as intended. "There have been no changes to recruitable female general spawn rates. But with the addition of the family tree feature and the new gameplay options it brings, playable factions may gain more female family members via marriage."
Spawn rates do differ by faction, however. They have a ten to 15 percent chance of spawning for most factions, bar "the Greek states, Rome, Carthage and some eastern factions, which have a 0% chance." Kush has a 50 percent chance. "This is to broadly represent the cultural differences in those factions during the time the game is set.""
Completely made up outrage over a conspiracy theory-lie. Wonder where those folks are taking their cues from?