Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protection/Healer - Monk Build Plz Help

LoBo-TPLoBo-TP Member Posts: 33

Im looking for a Protection/Healer monk build for GvG and GvE. After playing the PvP and GvE I have seen some monks that are unkillable and still keep the group alive at the same time. Ive asked a few monks in game about builds and just get the same answer of (stfu noob). Can anyone plz help me with a template that is VERY hard to kill and can keep the group alive at the same time. Thx for your help.

Comments

• emdtemdt Member Posts: 325

im not sure this is a good build but this is mine

Heal party,Orson of healing,healing seed, word of healing, rez, rez sig, helaing brezze, remove condition

---------------------------------------------
    *characters*
    Guild Wars
    -Danish Kokor-lvl 20 monk/mesmer
    -Ettarde Aoi- lvl 7 warrior/ranher
    Maple Story
    -Danish-lvl30 Hunter
    -kokore-lvl8 Mage
    Runescape
    -Lady Ettarde-lvl 58

• lightning13lightning13 Member Posts: 58

Originally posted by emdt
    im not sure this is a good build but this is mine
    Heal party,Orson of healing,healing seed, word of healing, rez, rez sig, helaing brezze, remove condition

Instead of using rez and rez sig, I would use only res, and fill up the empty spot with a good protection prayer for war's, like aura of faith (elite), reversal of fortune, vigorous spirit or mending. It's really open ended as to what you want to do, and you should discuss your build with other monks in the party so that you both have different spells which will make you a more efficient team.

• Nite-ElvezNite-Elvez Member Posts: 7

Prot and Healing is 2 different type of monk and are played 2 different ways.

I run a guild and I am the Prot / healer most of the time, and the monks u see that is hard to kill, thats because the other monks are helping him. If u have 3 good monks on the team of 8 the 3 monks can support the team and themselves. With that said i will give u a few example of playing prot and healing monk.

Prot Monk.

There are a few different ways to play prot but i will give u 2 examples as because these are the most commong ones.

Life Bonding Prot monk.

This is all about Life bonding your whole team, which is kinda hard to keep nowadays since alot of rangers spamm natures renewal.

Skill Bar= Life Bond, Blessed Signet, Reversal of Fortune, Mend Ailment, Protective Spirit, Rez Signet, Elite skill is up to you or your team build, Essence Bond

These skills are flexible and u can sub in and add what u want except for Life Bond and Blessed Signet and essence bond, so here is how it goes. You cast life bond on teammates 3 ppl then cast essence bond on your self. After all that u will not have any energy regen, this is where blessed sigent comes in, your gonna have to keep casting blessed signet to get back the energy from your degen, as u cast blessed signet u will get energy back 3-24 per enchantments on you, since u will be bonding the team thats gonna be alot of energy. The tricky part is keeping up since u gonna be bonding the team your gonna have energy degen, thus your gonna have to keep casting blessed signet. Not to worry though essence bond will help you get 1 energy per hit, and since you bond your teammates your gonna take some of thier dmg and get hit, thus the +1 energy.

Only down fall on this is the Ranger Groups spamming Natures Renewal and will mess up your Bonding, thats why your gonna have to carry other helpful prot spells.

Small Enchant Prot.

This one is sorta basic yet effective, this one is good since you won't be running alot of long enchants. Its bassically up to the skilled player to ballance energy and when and who to cast the prot spells to.

Skill Bar= Reversal, Shielding hands, Devine intervension, Prot Spirit, Aegis, Guardian, Convert hexes, mend ailment, any of thouse combo is good its up to your playing style i guess.

*Warnning* it is a must that u carry either Rez Sig or if the team ask you Restore Life, NEVER take Ressurect or Rebirth.

Healing Monk.

Also a few ways of playing Healing Monk but i will give u a basic one since healing is mainly about how u balance your energy usage and what spell to use on who in thier time of need.

Skill Bar= Orizon of Healling, Healing Seed, Healing Touch, Heal Other, Devine Intervension, Rez signet, remove hex/purge conditions (depending on what the team wants), Elites are usually either Word of Healing or Martyr.

So these are kinda how some monks are played, Do remeber that these are just Strictly Healing and Prot. Alot of ppl mix other skills with it depending what the team strategy is. I won't get in too alot more detail as this is alredy alot. The rest you will have to figure out as u play along

Hope that i Helped and have funimage