Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription price ??

rickbmbrickbmb Member UncommonPosts: 72
edited September 22 in Star Wars: The Old Republic
I bought the game when it first came out, played for a few months then stop gaming
all together. A few weeks ago I reinstalled the game when a friend told me I could
play for free. I really like the game so after getting 2 differents toons to lvl 20+ I tought
I'd subscribe to get all the benefits.
 
Then I get to the subscription page on my account, 60$ usd for 2 months !?!?

I have been out of the online gaming scene for some years, is 30$ a month standard now ??


Post edited by rickbmb on

Comments

  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,404
    edited September 22
    rickbmb said:
    I bought the game when it first came out, played for a few months then stop gaming
    all together. A few weeks ago I reinstalled the game when a friend told me I could
    play for free. I really like the game so after getting 2 differents toons to lvl 20+ I tought
    I'd subscribe to get all the benefits.
     
    Then I get to the subscription page on my account, 60$ usd for 2 months !?!?

    I have been out of the online gaming scene for some years, is 30$ a month standard now ??


    I think you should double check that.
    Post edited by Sovrath on



  • rickbmbrickbmb Member UncommonPosts: 72
    its 30$ for 2 months, my bad...
    still, is 15$ a month what it cost now days to play an mmorpg ?

  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Last time I sub to swtor was last year and it's still priced at $15 a month and if you pay in bulk it will cost less. I don't know if they changed it or not, but other game has similar price. $30 is a bit over for a monthly subs.
  • eruexeeruexe Member UncommonPosts: 36
    I don't even see a 2-month option when I try to sub.
    Back2Gaming reviewer / PS4-PC-Switch-3DS Gamer.
    Also I never compare console gaming with desktop gaming or vice-versa.
    Twitch Channel
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 25,404
    rickbmb said:
    its 30$ for 2 months, my bad...
    still, is 15$ a month what it cost now days to play an mmorpg ?

    Is that a lot? Seems that it's been close to that for years.
    Cazriel



  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I just checked to make sure.  it's still $15 a month. the options is in the web browser page.
  • rickbmbrickbmb Member UncommonPosts: 72
    edited September 22
    Just to be clear if 15 is what they all charge now then its fine, its a great game, I really enjoy it, they should charge the same as everyone else does. I'm just a little sticker shocked from being away for a few years. And I pay in Cad$... hurts more
    Post edited by rickbmb on
  • cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 103
    i usually spend far more in f2p games in cash shop but i have a choice not to spend it and enjoy it far more than i usually do in p2p mmos. i don't feel like most of the mmos are worth subscribing for..  :/
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member UncommonPosts: 138
    ciely said:
    i usually spend far more in f2p games in cash shop but i have a choice not to spend it and enjoy it far more than i usually do in p2p mmos. i don't feel like most of the mmos are worth subscribing for..  :/
    I agree, but swtor isn't exactly built on f2p mindset, it is really punishing for f2p player credit limit capped at 200k, even extra tool bar cost like $5 for f2p and also the level cap is limited to 50 for f2p and there is no way around it, even with sub they have cash shop now. The population in swtor is not that much, it is only worth to sub for 1 month for all story.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 5,930
    $15 is the average cost for monthly subscriptions in MMOs today, for those that offer a subscription. Some might be higher which claim things such as better customer service and so on.

Sign In or Register to comment.