Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New World Teaser - It's Short, But Sweet! - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• jfase12jfase12 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    I got into alpha and have been playing for about a week now. All i will say is this mmo has the most potential to be awesome from any I have played in the last few years. It's a lot of fun even in its early alpha.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Did not see anything worth get excited about,some grass and trees waving animations and some global lighting.

"something" yeah but not something to get me remotely interested.
    This game/developer NEEDS to show something really god because this game is coming to market way too fast,like it was churned out off some assembly line.
    Speed development tells me the dev is just joining the market and doesn't really care about the quality of their product.

If they have something that warrants spending any money on the game,they SHOULD be able to show us,otherwise they are doing nothing i haven't seen since the late 90's.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

jfase12 said:

I got into alpha and have been playing for about a week now. All i will say is this mmo has the most potential to be awesome from any I have played in the last few years. It's a lot of fun even in its early alpha.

Yeah but is it an MMORPG? or a multiplayer survival game?
    craftseeker
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Torval said:
    Tiller said:

jfase12 said:

It is an MMO. I think news blurbs or leaks said 500 concurrency. I'm not sure if that was a target, min, or max, but it puts the game squarely within MMO.

The question I have is what kind of RPG aspects will it have? What is the rest of the game play loop about? Since it's being developed by Amazon, how will Twitch influence design and third party integration like Discord.
    Yeah that would be the other question I have, how much RPG is there?
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• user7791user7791 Member UncommonPosts: 14
    edited March 2021
    I predict a mass exodus from Azeroth. It will nuke the Blizzard servers. The graphics alone have me hooked. Can't wait to see the full experience.

Update: Changed my mind. Had a chance to test it. Didn't like it.
    Post edited by user7791 on
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Tiller said:

jfase12 said:

I have yet to be in this alpha but the previous had 1K+ players on a server.