Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THQ Nordic Buys IPs 'Alone in the Dark' and 'Act of War'

blueturtle13blueturtle13 Valve Corporation Member LegendaryPosts: 11,201

https://twitter.com/THQNordic

So Timesplitter, Second Sight, Kingdoms of Amalur and now Alone in the Dark and Act of War

boy have they been busy!

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

ConstantineMerusTorval

Comments

• GruntyGrunty TexasMember RarePosts: 8,536
    Starting to sound like a scatter gun approach to hopefully finding something of value rather than a methodical plan.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember EpicPosts: 2,529
    Oh nice, I am a huge fan of Alone in the Dark. Well, just the ones from the 90s though. Later entries turned out to be Resident Evil clones and sadly lost the essence of the IP. But this is great news! This could mean more quality Lovecraftian games. 
    Torval
    • "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: One Second from One Second (1997) by Paradise Lost
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro. 
    • Adopted @Kyleran as my virtual father - I put him in my signature since he worries about me all the time and this way he can keep track of me when I talk to strangers here!
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Currently Playing: Spider-Man: Turf Wars / The Division farewell tour / Grim Fandango Remastered / Aven Colony
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,383
    This publisher seems to have a good strategy and eye for isolated IPs and companies. They've done pretty good with their acquisitions so far.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯