Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark Will Launch on November 7th in South Korea - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• NirimetusNirimetus Member UncommonPosts: 34

Nirimetus said:

Watch this turn into another Mu Legends.... Like many others "KOREAN MMO"....

I already gave up on those guys, Tree of Savior was promised to be different from what it is today, I was really hyped about it since I played the first CBT, because the game had potential to be good, but it fell flat into KR marketing mode.

I don't doubt this will turn out the same.

Devilian and Mu Legends have completely soured me on Korean ARPGs.  But I still hold out hope for some reason because the genre is scant when it comes to server based games.

I tried play MU Legends when they gave that 1 day (or was 3, I don't remember), went with 2 chars up to 65+, started a 3rd and thought: "Wtf am I doing playing this again?", lost the fun, uninstalled.

Devilian was the same, same for that other one that even went on court with the first publisher and I think Weebozen, or was another, forgot the name of the game but reminded a bit of Devilian.

TL seem to be interesting, but being under the company it is, I have my doubts it will turn out ok.

For the past 5 or 7 years, games turned into a quick cash making mechanic, only few stick to it since these few invested heavy money in said games and don't feel it was well used or whatever you want to call it. Then again, the inflow of new players is massive till certain time, then they suddenly stop developing it and start a new quick cash game, rinse and repeat and they keep surviving, I doubt it is surviving since they keep going on the same rhythm over and over.

You lose the sense of accomplishment with most of these games since you can buy and/or get for free during progression(!?) the gear you need to start farm a bit better ones, or you already have the better ones, just need to upgrade a bit more to get top gear in-game, but that will cost "my name is money, real money... (insert James Bond BGM here)".

I don't waste money on MMOs a long a while, unless the game deserve, the last one I did was PoE (if you can call it MMO) and was to buy stash tabs, which I find fine to pay for services you will keep for as long the game is up, tho, differences in pricing is a bitch for many of us.

I will quit the off-topic here because we will end up somewhere we don't want lol.

I will await the guys who can play it in KR to give some report or gameplay footage when it's released, then again, I can't get to any conclusion if it's not me playing.
    FrodoFragins
  • BaconMage666BaconMage666 Member CommonPosts: 5
    According to MMOCulture, the game's cash shop "will sell mostly cosmeic and convenience items, such as avatars, mounts, appearance changes, player housing decorations, resurrection feather, pets, warehouse storage and time-saving items".
    Why do I see this turning into another P2W cash shop like Black Desert? Because of the way they use the term "convenience items".
    FrodoFragins
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I would take a Switch port for sure.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited September 2018
    I would take a Switch port for sure.
    #everythingisbetteronSwitch

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 124
    The movement speed will be increased in obt and some combat speed issues has been addressed (not sure which but they said it was just a small buff)
    According to MMOCulture, the game's cash shop "will sell mostly cosmeic and convenience items, such as avatars, mounts, appearance changes, player housing decorations, resurrection feather, pets, warehouse storage and time-saving items".
    Why do I see this turning into another P2W cash shop like Black Desert? Because of the way they use the term "convenience items".
    whenever i see them say "it wont be p2w" i consider it as "we never played a mmorpg before so we don't know what the hell p2w means" lets hope lost ark is different! o:)
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Yaaaaay Nov. 7 South Korea release. I can't wait to wait. 

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • evolgrinzevolgrinz Member UncommonPosts: 151
    "MOSTLY" cosmetic and convenience items in the cash shop..... this 'mostly' part sounds concerning to me.
  • unrealazunrealaz Member UncommonPosts: 19

Nirimetus said:

Watch this turn into another Mu Legends.... Like many others "KOREAN MMO"....

I already gave up on those guys, Tree of Savior was promised to be different from what it is today, I was really hyped about it since I played the first CBT, because the game had potential to be good, but it fell flat into KR marketing mode.

I don't doubt this will turn out the same.

Devilian and Mu Legends have completely soured me on Korean ARPGs.  But I still hold out hope for some reason because the genre is scant when it comes to server based games.

If you look at the gameplay videos from both games and look at lost ark you will see the 2-nd is a little more polished, by about 20 times.
    It's like comparing WOW to a school project.
  • sunearthsunearth Member UncommonPosts: 3
    anyone that wanna share account with me or can make an accout for me to play together?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    And in November 7, 2100 in North America and Europe.