Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: What is your all time favorite MMORPG

Comments

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    SWG 40 clases you could be 2.5 of any combo of them, awsome housing, awsome crafting player run shoping malls.

You could even not kill or fight at all and do well, I rember GrandMa passiong out buffs that lasted almost 4 hours and chatting her about the best way to bake cookies, and talking about books she was reading.

I rember the first ingame marriage with a wookie priest :).
    ZoeMcCloskey
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    A very hard question. It would be easier to say what my favorite mmo used to be or was during certain periods, and what mine is now. For many years Lotro was my most played mmo and was the first mmo whose pvp I was truly successful at, and was within the top 1%. Not to mention it was Middle Earth, I can't tell you how powerful a motivating factor immersion/interest is when the IP alone makes you want to log in and do collect/fetch quests.
    ceratop001
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    At least you did include an 'others' category.
    I was looking for SWG and Marvel Heroes.  Had lots of fun with those two before they got messed up.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• dragonlee66dragonlee66 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Everquest

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    WarWitch said:
    SWG 40 clases you could be 2.5 of any combo of them, awsome housing, awsome crafting player run shoping malls.

You could even not kill or fight at all and do well, I rember GrandMa passiong out buffs that lasted almost 4 hours and chatting her about the best way to bake cookies, and talking about books she was reading.

I rember the first ingame marriage with a wookie priest :).
    Yeah, the conversations in the canteen and doctors office were epic.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Rappelz before the terrible 5th season. 2nd Rift pre-storm legion

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited September 2018
    Star Wars Galaxies

Not seeing Ultima Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Guild Wars 1 and Anarchy Online on that list is kind of sad :) My favourite MMORPG's are almost forgotten. I am glad that City of Heroes made the list though.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I voted other. You should cane yourself for omitting SWG on your list, not to mention the other crimes against humanity you committed here.

Lineage 2 also.

Seriously.
    Octagon7711

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    I always have trouble deciding between AO and SWG but since neither were on the list you made it easy to choose other :)
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    lol think your list through a little more next time....Everquest should definitely be there.
    [Deleted User]
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Very bad list.... FFXI 4eva
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    DDO
    Anarchy Online
    WoW up to WotLK only
    Age of Conan
    Lotro Online
    Asheron's Call
    Shadowbane
    Basically the only MMO I liked you included was Wildstar.
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Too many missing to make this anywhere near a valid poll.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• esty17esty17 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Other - AOC
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    skadad said:
    No classics and alot of crashed titles, no vote here! 

So vote for "other".  Help run up other's margin.  That's the clearest way to express your distaste for the list.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    ReaperUk said:
    SWG was leagues ahead of any other mmorpg I've played. Since then, only LotRO and BDO have stood out from the crowd.
    What does BDO offer besides nice visuals?  It seemed like a long grind for little reward, but I haven't played it I've only watched youtube vids.
  • ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    SWG I could be a loner yet have people around to talk with too.  I was a longtime BE and loved that I could have an immersive experience without ever firing a weapon or swinging a sword.  Just harvesting DNA and resources and making things for people.  Truly miss it.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Maybe the OPs first MMO was WoW?
    Mensur
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    Final fantasy 11
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Everquest (original)

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Ultima Online was by far the most fun in a MMORPG.  WoW is second because it was truly innovative before it became the norm.  Oh AC Darktide was crazy fun for a short time.  
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    So the only MMO's you consider to be valid are those made within the last five or so years? Are you kidding? You realize that MMO's have been around about 20, longer if you consider that some were even out in the 70's. 

Your list is extremely limited and not a one of them are worth mentioning. 

Try the original Everquest, Everquest 2, SWG, Dark Ages, etc. You need to get a better list. 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    *sigh*

Vendetta Online

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    And it's..... "other" by a knows ;)

AlBQuirky

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,106
    Poll's are meaningless when you group all of the big hit MMO's that started the genre under "other". There is no UO, DAOC, Asherons Call, Shadowbane, Lineage, EQ 1 or 2 or Planetside.

This poll is so flawed that it should have been left out of the conversation!!!

With that said, my pick is a tie between UO and DOAC. If forced to choose, UO just because I played it before DAOC. I won't be using that poll though.
    Moirae