Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caspien goes on epic rant about complaints regarding the recently concluded "event", and more...

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,063
edited September 2018 in Chronicles of Elyria
https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/28680/a-calendar-really?page=2#post312332

I think the pressure is getting to him.

So, then this is where this forum thread devolves. It goes from being an on-topic conversation about where the announcemnt about Map Voting is, to some off-topic rant by long-time community members about how we never share information on our forums. 

Or this beauty:

If you either don't believe that's the case, or don't want to join us in Discord, then only you are responsible. Because last I checked, we're the ones providing the information, and are free to do so wherever we feel like it.

I mean... does he stop to think that if "long-time community members" are complaining about their communication that maybe, just maybe he should really look at what they are saying?  Even if everything in his long ranting response is correct, the mere fact that he has long time, high-level donors frustrated should tell him he has a communication problem.

The background is complaints by people of rank 8...9... even 10 such as:

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

Comments

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,522
    edited September 2018
    They donated him their money to give him the privilege of screaming at them.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,063
    Tiamat64 said:
    They donated him their money to give him the privilege of screaming at them.
    I guess...

At least he was kind enough to provide a calendar of sales for the next 12 months so the can save up for the privilege. 
    anemo

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,839
    That's interesting.  You can get advance information on projects on Discord but it's not official until posted on the main site.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Honestly, I think his feelings got hurt or something when he realized his project is going to be a monumental failure.

Unless all the other games that will release before CoE all fall flat on their face, the market for CoE will be tiny.  

Mendel
    Jahlon The Legendary Clicker
    Founder of the Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox YouTube Channel 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,063
    Looks like the happiness is spreading to other staff:

• MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,291
    jahlon said:
    Honestly, I think his feelings got hurt or something when he realized his project is going to be a monumental failure.

Unless all the other games that will release before CoE all fall flat on their face, the market for CoE will be tiny.  

I've said for some time now that CoE probably has all the players it will ever have.  So, I'm in full agreement about your projection of a tiny customer base.  They are paying money to be nobles in a game where there will be few people to lord your nobility over.  I would wish them well, but even at this point, there are more elements in this project that smell of 'scam' rather than 'game'.

Caveat emptor doesn't work after they've already collected your money.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.