Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country Review - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageXenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country Review - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was one of 2017’s best Nintendo Switch RPGs, and today marks the launch of its first big “DLC”. I put that in quotes, because this sucker is basically a whole new prequel game to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It’s got dozens of hours of story filling in the history of the game, with familiar characters, and a refined battle and crafting system to boot. If you liked any of the Xenoblade games so far, you’re in for a treat.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LililuneLililune Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Need to buy a Nintendo Switch now XD
    Good review ^^
    [Deleted User]
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Is it just with the DLC that the TTK is reduced? I love Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and this DLC sounds awesome, but it would be cool if they reduced it in the main game too because damn do some fights drag on, even if they are super easy.
    BillMurphy[Deleted User]
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Is it just with the DLC that the TTK is reduced? I love Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and this DLC sounds awesome, but it would be cool if they reduced it in the main game too because damn do some fights drag on, even if they are super easy.

Haven't tested the main game, but I think it's just the DLC.
    [Deleted User]

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

Haven't tested the main game, but I think it's just the DLC.

One reason why the DLC feels faster is because the Blades attack as well, so there's a bit more damage to go around.
  • Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290

Aori said:

The only reason I'd get a Switch right now.. well that and maybe D3 on mobile.

The only real reason to get a switch is to play Zelda: Breath of the Wild of course. That game has radically redefined the concept of "open world". It is so far ahead of other games that it is literally worth the price of a switch and game just to experience it.

Not that other games are bad on Switch, it has a lot of solid titles from Mario Galaxy to SC2 and Ys8, etc.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited October 2018

Shana77 said:

Aori said:

The only reason I'd get a Switch right now.. well that and maybe D3 on mobile.

The only real reason to get a switch is to play Zelda: Breath of the Wild of course. That game has radically redefined the concept of "open world". It is so far ahead of other games that it is literally worth the price of a switch and game just to experience it.

Not that other games are bad on Switch, it has a lot of solid titles from Mario Galaxy to SC2 and Ys8, etc.

Also, I read that a sequel to BotW is in development, estimated to be released next year. And since it won't be dual releasing on Wii U this time, it won't be held back by the limitations of the older console.

P.S. I think you meant Super Mario Odyssey (not Galaxy).
    --------------------------------------------