Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delete

1234568»

Comments

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited December 2019
    Post edited by NorseGod on
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited October 2018
    Second, the game will have 3 zones seamlessly connected to each other across the verse.  Zone 1 is completely safe hence PVE only, zone 2 will be a mix of PVE & PVP together and zone 3 will only be PVP.  Plus as I said they will be seamlessly connected which means there will NOT be any load screens.   This is how the official game will be set up for everyone to play on.
    This is going to need recent citations because things have gone from a PvP slider to no PvP slider, from zones to no zones, etc. I doubt anyone is certain exactly what the current premise is.

CIG will be making available a copy of the game to those who if they want to run their own private game separate from the main game on their own servers at their own expense and adjust the official game rules within reason.
    The last time private servers were mentioned was a comment almost 3 years ago by Jared, where he stated that they would be the absolute last thing added after release. Considering how much content CIG needs to deliver post-release, we're not going to see private servers for a very, very long time.

Timestamp @ 1h 50m 50s

"Private servers are the absolute last thing on the list. I mean they are the last, there is nothing that comes after private servers."
    "...we will be live and in operation for some time before anybody even looks at private servers."

I also wonder if it's something they will actually be able to achieve due to how the design and scope has changed. The initial plans would have suited player run servers quite well but it's anyone's guess if the current plans will allow them to be feasible. It would not surprise me in the slightest if they drop private servers, modding and all that jazz.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited December 2019
    Post edited by NorseGod on
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/