Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do DC movies still have a future?

AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,760
edited September 2018 in Off-Topic Discussion
Ben Affleck quits as Batman, Warner Brothers replacing Henry Cavill as Superman for a younger version to use in their Supergirl movie wth WB.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/henry-cavill-reportedly-superman-stunning-dc-movie-universe-shake-153950312.html
Post edited by Asheram on

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,026
    edited September 2018
    Ben Affleck wasn't a good Batman. The problem with DC is that they don't have a universe outside of Batman and Superman. They need to expand their franchise through things like an exciting Aquaman and Wonderwoman.
  • ScaryFace315ScaryFace315 Member CommonPosts: 1
    What sucks is they have a solid universe on Netflix, but chose to exclude that from the movie universe. I personally think that hurts them more than anything.
  • BernordBernord Member CommonPosts: 6
    If they stopped releasing that many movies, the series wouldn't feel as if they are trying to suck the last money out of the fantasy genre fans. 

I think one movie every couple years, even if it means less storyline about some of the heroes, except when they clash with each other in one movie, would really ramp up the hype. 
  • Lotuss5Lotuss5 Member CommonPosts: 6
    Regardless if they have a future or not, the Marvel movies will always be much better than the ones from DC, since they have much better characters.
  • BernordBernord Member CommonPosts: 6
    DC characters rely too much on their costumes, they feel like simple humans with costumes for the most part :dizzy:
    Marvel gives plenty of real mutants, deformations, unearthly characters, they will always be better 
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,693
    They need to keep Ben Affleck away from superhero movies.  He was a terrible Batman and an even worse Daredevil.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,005
    edited October 2018
    Lotuss5 said:
    Regardless if they have a future or not, the Marvel movies will always be much better than the ones from DC, since they have much better characters.
    This right here is the legacy of bad DC movies. Of top 5 superheroes or supervillains, like 4 are on DC side(3 on villain side imo). Superman, Batman, The Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Lex, Joker, Circe, mr.Freeze, Two-Face...look at that potential! /facepalm
  • ChalpieChalpie Member CommonPosts: 6
    I don't know, when you look at Marvel heroes, they have something to offer, they have something "mystical" behind them. At least you are curious to see their motives, how did they become that, or they were born that...  DC heroes reveal themselves with stereotypes. They look like they would sound in my opinion XD 
  • nupalauknupalauk Member CommonPosts: 7
    Chalpie said:
    I don't know, when you look at Marvel heroes, they have something to offer, they have something "mystical" behind them. At least you are curious to see their motives, how did they become that, or they were born that...  DC heroes reveal themselves with stereotypes. They look like they would sound in my opinion XD 
    lol, I think the same. Of course it's like battle of opinions against iOS and Android - Marvel vs DC. But I have always liked Marvel more because they have more interesting, modern heroes. DC heroes sometimes look sooo old-school.
  • thaliadanielsthaliadaniels Member CommonPosts: 7
    I think DC will emerge after 5 years. :)
  • ManuelThomasManuelThomas Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    It's really interesting. I'm a blogger and I write about it. Yes DC have a lot of fans, but they last films was not so good. Also we discussed it with my sister. I wrote a simple text on my blog to discuss it with different people. 
  • shanewillshanewill Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited July 26
    Only Batman is what I like about DC. The marvel movies are way ahead of DC because of it's the amazing cinematic universe. The way they are introducing new superheroes is amazing. The Marvel and DC movies & TV series are available online. You can easily see the difference.
    Post edited by shanewill on
  • darkphoenixmandarkphoenixman Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    I think that they still ahve a future and we will see an amazing Batman appearance. But, there is no doubt that Marvel is better right now. 
  • Amzoun95Amzoun95 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 9
    edited July 19
    Of course they still have a future, there will be other batman good movie im suure

https://appsync.biz/dafont/ , https://showbox.bio/ , https://www.oovoo.onl/adam4adam/
    Post edited by Amzoun95 on
  • ScottRQScottRQ Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited July 19
    I even want to see a new chapter of Avengers, hah.
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,862
    They have so much they can tap into but they always seem to fall back on Batman and Superman.  Reboot after reboot.

The Wonder Woman and Shazam movies were a recent breath of fresh air, wasn't too keen on Aquaman though.  

I personally would like to see DC Movies on Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow and a better Green Lantern.  Also wouldn't mind seeing a reboot of John Constantine.
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,005
    Flem said:
    They have so much they can tap into but they always seem to fall back on Batman and Superman.  Reboot after reboot.

The Wonder Woman and Shazam movies were a recent breath of fresh air, wasn't too keen on Aquaman though.  

I personally would like to see DC Movies on Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow and a better Green Lantern.  Also wouldn't mind seeing a reboot of John Constantine.
    Lantern Corps ftw! Wouldn't say no to Red Lantern anti hero movie.
  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,760
    Flem said:

I actually liked Aquaman, definately alot better than Justice League.
  • KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Asheram said:
    Flem said:

I actually liked Aquaman, definately alot better than Justice League.
    I agree. Aquaman was an awesome movie and I look forward to the sequel.
    Asheram