Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why no triple A subscription based MMO coming out? Read now. You won't believe what I find out!

13»

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited September 2018
    A good example is when I was doing no clickbait on my youtube videos

20-40 views at best, most in 5-10 view range

I start doing clickbait on youtube

1k+ views within a week, some videos with 40k+ views within a week

So people complaining about clickbait are the problem by not supporting quality videos and posts.

And my sim city 4 thread proves this is true for forums as well
    YashaXKyleranFlyByKnight

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Bro, are you telling me that the only way to make a successful thread is to use clickbait titles?  There are no youtube/forums/websites that get actual clicks unless they use such titles to trick people into reading/watching their content? 

People support good content all the time.  Just because your content is not thought provoking enough or interesting enough to garner a larger response, doesn't mean it's the consumers fault.  
    bartoni33MrMelGibson
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    edited September 2018
    moshra said:
    Bro, are you telling me that the only way to make a successful thread is to use clickbait titles?  There are no youtube/forums/websites that get actual clicks unless they use such titles to trick people into reading/watching their content? 

People support good content all the time.  Just because your content is not thought provoking enough or interesting enough to garner a larger response, doesn't mean it's the consumers fault.  

I think what you found out is that you are trying folks patience. Or that people flocking to clickbait posts does not equal quality of said posts.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

4 clickbait threads on the first page, but you guys can only blame yourself if it works. You answer them. If you'd ignore that crap, it'd get lost in the forum's abyss in a few hours.

Yeah, I know, I just answered too, but that's after 3 pages already. That thing should never have passed page 1.
    Which proves why so many journalists, youtubers and everything else that uses clickbait is so successful at generating hits and therefor ad revenue...or at very least, views and replies.

Not gonna link it again, but my thread title asking if anyone plays simcity 4...barely any views, one reply

My clickbait title about simcity 4 mods? Already 3-4 times as many views and vastly more replies

People complain about clickbait but don't support non-clickbait videos/posts etc. its no wonder so many sites and people use it.
    KyleranFlyByKnight

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107

So people complaining about clickbait are the problem by not supporting quality videos and posts.

That is some retard logic right there. People think your videos are shit so they don't see them. You advertise them to be something else to trick them to view and it still sucks and now you've lied.

Everything you do sucks.
    MrMelGibsonbartoni33
    edited September 2018
    madazz said:

That is some retard logic right there. People think your videos are shit so they don't see them. You advertise them to be something else to trick them to view and it still sucks and now you've lied.

Everything you do sucks.
    Well I'm not gonna link my channel for people to troll on it...but...

If that is the case, why did the amount of likes go up, and dislikes barely went up? On top of that, views went up and ad revenue went up (though I barely make anything on youtube).

Guess who wins out on that one?

Me.

And even though dislikes (and likes) don't actually matter on youtube, the amount of likes/dislikes ratio is that likes way outnumber dislikes.

And a lot of other videos that do clickbait, a lot of channels still get far more likes than dislikes. AND there views go way up=more money. And views are most important on youtube, nothing else matters on youtube besides views.

(edit: Subscribers went way up too once started changing how I advertise my videos. Many other channels also benefit from the same method.
    KyleranFlyByKnight

edited September 2018
    Also, any time massivelyop/mmorpg.com or even a reddit post (as some examples) is a controversial or clickbait article or post...

Guess what?

Those get the most views, shares and comments.

Which proves the majority of people like that kind of thing. People like controversy and all that stuff, hence why those create the most views and responses.

(edit: If anyone remembers so many game journalists sided with that one GW2 developer that got fired. Even though she posted terrible things, and terrible things about TotalBiscuit. But they purposely did that to generate hits/views/clicks and create controversy+clickbait at the same time
    KyleranFlyByKnight

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    This is a click bait thread? Not sure the thread answered the titles claim. Oh well. but it did bring up a question. Sub based games seem to be fading out.

So op admits to being a dick and telling lies. /thread
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    He got more WTF's than I ever got :)
    AsheramSovrathKyleranMrMelGibsonmadazz
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    slacker. I gave you one to help bolster your numbers a bit.  :p
    MrMelGibsondelete5230
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited September 2018
    False, you had one thread where you had 20+ wtf's . . .  Off the first post. Plus, he developed them in responding to a thread over and over again. You get em all in your original post :)

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/470790/most-of-the-real-mmo-players-are-gone-from-this-site/p1
    Asheram
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Lost Ark has spent tremendous amounts of money and time on their game.  Well surpassing Triple A figures.  Last I heard they will be going P2P as well.  If successful with that, to me, that means that P2W shops are unlikely.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,605
    Many games were subscription games.  The game studio just change the model since they think it'll make them more money.  
    edited September 2018
    False, you had one thread where you had 20+ wtf's . . .  Off the first post. Plus, he developed them in responding to a thread over and over again. You get em all in your original post :)

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/470790/most-of-the-real-mmo-players-are-gone-from-this-site/p1
    I'll only post this once, and figured this thread is popular enough that I'll just post it here.

But...

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/475428/over-2000-likes-since-2012-been-here-so-many-years

I actually post more legit stuff on the staff posts and articles, and other forums. I only post stupid braindead thread titles on purpose. If you feel like reading two long posts, you'll see why I do it and why I post like I do on the (currently) last two posts.

Though even with the clickbait title, I still like to contribute content. Make dumb thread titles that attract attention, but at least "try" (which I do) make better content in the actual thread.
    Kyleran

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Time to put this guy on ignore.
    KyleranNildenmadazz
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Hey OP.. remember, down the road not across the street. Make it count.
    bartoni33KyleranNildenmadazz

Maurgrim said:
    Time to put this guy on ignore.
    You know what, I am going to do the same. 

For those that don't know. Just click his profile: https://forums.mmorpg.com/profile/TheScavenger

Then ignore at the bottom of the profile page. No more click-bait and lies from at least one person on the site.
    TheScavenger