Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics - XCOM like strat announced

TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,657
I posted a PR (press release) piece over on GameSpace for this game. Article here: Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics - Destroy Nazis in the Weird World War.

I don't know much about it other than the body of the text in the article that came from the release. It looks a lot like XCOM in a Lovecraftian Cthulhu theme. The gameplay trailer is around 9 minutes long and has developer commentary so check it out if you like that stuff.

Just an FYI, a PR piece is a repost, nearly verbatim, of a press release. I reassemble and edit their release, add pictures and trailers, and try and make it appealing and informative. It is their words and opinions though, so bear that in mind.

The Lovecraftian theme interests me and I liked XCOM a bit so this caught my attention.
take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 5,778
    Looks like it could be good if it had an AI that played a bit more aggressively, but if they're really planning to have the AI constantly retreat like that then I doubt it's fun.
    Torval

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,657
    Vrika said:
    Looks like it could be good if it had an AI that played a bit more aggressively, but if they're really planning to have the AI constantly retreat like that then I doubt it's fun.
    I'm not sure if I like the game play or not. I liked the stories in Mass Effect 1 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown, but the combat, not so much.
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,271
    It looks good.  A pretty straight forward XCom clone, it seems.  No glimpse of anything other than human forces, or anything that might distinguish it from XCom.

If the enemy could produce a world-wide fog field, why not make it poisonous and do away with all the combat nonsense?  It seemed to be trying a bit too hard to force a fog-of-war concept on the game.

I hope it's not locked into pre-defined characters.  I don't like getting entangled with the cannon fodder's life stories, and I will issue red shirts without hesitation.

Torval

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.