Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What would make an MMO great IMO

WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
IT really pisses me off that a company cant just make an MMO with all of the best features from all the popular MMOS. It just seems so obvious and the thing to do. Make graphics amazing like BDO or even make better really. Mixture of high fantasy and realistic graphics. Take the market style from Guildwars 2  NOT the AH from WoW. make in depth high fantasy lore like  WoW and like most of them really.  Make a bunch of races like  15-20  and like 20 or more classes, make the spell system like Guildwars 1 so its completely customizable. (That is a must). Make really nice looking customizable armor and weapons and make a vast amount of them. NO p2w at all. No buying items for asthetic purposes at all. Everything you see on a character is from a drop or chest etc. It has to be "earned". Make alot of dungeons and raids etc. Make some extremely difficult where pugs and randoms will not be able to do it and where it will take actual planning to defeat. However once defeated will yield quite rare items. The vast majority of people will not be able to beat it. THATS OK. Its OK for something in a game to unobtainable by most. IT makes it more exciting and rare when people do beat it. anyways im sure i have a ton more ideas but for now that'll do.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• El-HefeEl-Hefe Member UncommonPosts: 760
    Sounds like World of Warcraft.  

I've got the straight edge.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Somewhat all good except the last part.

How would it be possible given that every single player has access to the EXACT same game,same everything but somehow some can't do some of the content?

I would have been happy if i had some of FFXIV's lustre but with FFXI design.The developer got real greedy,needed more sales so made the game more solo friendly and all around easier aside from the highest tier of content.They ruined the game with item levels,a lazy design,so instead of a MMO+rpg the entire game became nothing more than grind for end game loot,very sad design but is the exact same flaw most every game is doing.

If you have not figured out my point yet,i spelled it out in the last sentence.You could make 9 million hours of content and game play but if the main focus of every player is just end game loot,nobody will care about any of the game outside of that loot grind.So if we have 100% of a game,how good is that game if less than 1% is all they care about?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    1. Because it's not as easy as you think.

2. Because not everyone agrees on what "the best features" are. For example, I was on board with the first parts of your post, until it turned into "Uh, no thanks".

As for the cash shop, there is nothing wrong with selling aesthetics. Ideally the game would have a mix of good looking attainable stuff through gameplay, and some cash shop items. Especially if it's a B2P title. Subscription only games can get away with making it solely gameplay. If they are good enough to hold onto a large enough member of subscribers (WoW and FFXIV coming to mind here).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Muppetrat123Muppetrat123 Member CommonPosts: 6
    I think a MMO will be great if it's free, that's what I want xD